Anheuser-Busch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Baldwinsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later to have an group/panel interview and complete a management/skills test and a math test the next week. After two weeks i was contacted to have another Panel interview and complete a over the phone management test.

The first panel interview was with lower level management and area managers. It was a very standard interview that included ~8-10 "tell me about a time" questions and the give me your history questions. Very basic, easy and strait forward. The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

The Second interview was with plant upper management was a very "get to know you" type informal interview with a few "tell me about a time" questions. For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments.

Overall a great process for really knowing the applicant involving testing, interviewing and management conflict resolution. The phone interview was very awkward (especially trying to do conflict resolution over a phone meeting) at times and it was very obvious what the point was, and once complete it was obvious what you did right and did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took additional responsibilities without being asked.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time that you had to complete a difficult task that you didn't know how to approach.   Answer Question

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!