Anheuser-Busch Global Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The GMT Program interview process is a multiple stage process that is very rigorous. While it is a challenging process, the job is well worth the effort. They are really focused on finding people who will be good culture fits in the company. It is important to be confident and true to yourself throughout the interviews because there are a lot of steps so if you aren't it will shine through.

Interview Questions

• During the final panel interview they asked "Why should we pick you to be a part of the GMT class over the other candidates?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

After approximately one month of my application, they contacted me for 2 tests. (cultural and verbal) and after that we scheduled an interview. It consisted of 1 case study and a motivational interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

This is an extensive interview process with a total of 6 steps. It included a case interview, personality interview, online test, business simulation, and final panel. Its a fun and engaging interview process that helps you and AB identify a fit. This helped identify the best talent for this program!

Interview Questions

• What was some negative feedback you've gotten from a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

First you go through a behavior interview. Next, there is a case interview where you are given a few pages of information and asked to optimize the situation. Lastly, you are called in for a panel interview with upper-level management. The panel interview is a test to see your cultural fit (can you communicate effectively and amiably with AB employees and how do you handle tough questions under pressure?)

Interview Questions

• What kind of innovation could you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

First round was an individual case interview. You had 30 minutes to prepare followed by 7 minutes to present to two AB employees. The next round was a behavioral interview. Following that there was a business game simulation at AB headquarters. The final round was a group panel interview with executives.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty straight forward. You need to know why AB and why you fit there.   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2014.

Interview

I met them at our Career Fair and attended one of their info sessions. I applied online and they invited me in for an initial case interview. The case itself was almost impossible to nail. You work for a hypothetical company that currently produces 4 beers. They provide how much beer is produced each season and how much revenue each beer brings in. Then they give you another list of 8 beers with the same data, and ask you to choose two beers to implement into the current beer portfolio. They also tell you which beers appeal to which target audiences, and tell you what their competitors are doing. They also tell you to come up with a marketing strategy for your new beers. They ask you to do this in 30 minutes, and then give a 10 minute presentation of your plan. This is pretty much impossible, but the idea is to focus on the key issues and make up the rest as you go. I was only able to get to a few of the important points in my presentation, but they invited me back anyway. They don't expect you to solve everything, they just want to see your thought process. The second round interview the next day was a very laid-back behavioral interview. I thought it went well, but for some reason was not invited to St. Louis for the third round.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Anheuser-Busch should do to improve our brand?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

The first interview was an hour long case study. 30 min to review the material, 30 min to present and answer questions. Case study tested marketing, sales, and supply chain skills. Second interview was behavioral. Questions such as what is your favorite non-AB brand? Why is your favorite brand successful? What is your favorite marketing campaign and why? Name a time when you failed? Third interview was in St. Louis. First half of the day included a brewery tour and Q&A session with current GMTs. Second half was a 2.5 hour business simulation game. All candidates were split into teams of 5 and given a hypothetical company and targets for each month. Team has to work together to reach targets. Final round interview was in St. Louis. Panel interview with company executives. Mainly looking for how you interact with fellow candidates and presenting yourself to senior management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2015.

Interview

After the online application and screening of my resume I was invited to fill up some online questionaries, 3 different type of. Thus I recived an email that communicate me that I've passed this first phase of the interview screening process where they asked me to schedule an appointment for a telephon interview. I recieved a call from London right on the programmed time and we had a classical pre-screening interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of challenges do you think we face? Why you can help us facing those challenges? Why ABinBev? Why the global management trainee program?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

The people were overworked, HR seems drained, they even lacked the basic courtesy to give me a response. They had multiple rounds for their interview. First step was to complete an online logic test, somewhat similar to the GMAT's CR. Then they conducted case interviews online. After that you had to go through 3 more rounds of interview. For this position, they're looking for someone who has leadership experience, someone who's willing to work hard for meager pay.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. A few leadership type questions.   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got through a phone interview well. Then I was invited for an assessment center in Moscow. The company paid the travel expense. The assessment day started with the company presentation. Then the 20 persons presented were split in 4 groups of 5 persons. These groups were to sit in different rooms and to discuss a case. Each group was observed by 3 assessors. In our group, every person had the same introductory information about an imaginary company and its situation + every person had a different investment project to read about. Finally we had to decide on which project to spend the budget. They evaluated 2 criteria: strategic leadership and people leadership. i think I was not selected for the next step because of bad points on "people leadership": perhaps the interviewers got the impression that I did not listen to the others enough, because I was writing down my thoughts while others had a discussion. Yeah, and they offered free pizza to all participants :)

Interview Questions

• 50 pages to be read in 25 minutes. The question: What project(s) are to be chosen for spending USD 11 mln?   Answer Question