Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwinsville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Baldwinsville, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process started with an on campus interview that was strictly behavioral. Then you take a series of online assessments. After that, there is a final on-site interview that consists of one 4 on 1 behavioral interview and then there are 3 case studies, that are all connected to one background story. The case studies will have you role playing on a phone after a certain amount of time to review a packet that has the background of the current study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged to meet a deadline and did not meet it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process. The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations. I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take. After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else. After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager. I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level. I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring. This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates. It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there. Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test. Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario. Step 3: Phone Screen Interview Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate. Step 4: TAP Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun. Step 5: Final Interview Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them. Step 6: Loss for words I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days. Step 7: Emotionally Drained Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again. Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2 Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job. Step 9: Offer Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in. Overall Feelings: Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiated because it was fair.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

First interview asked for team leadership experience and situational questions about how you handled the people around you. Second interview was similar, just more in depth about teamwork. Then two "tests" followed about time planning/management/scheduling.

Interview Questions

• The pseudo-tests they had were difficult. Dealt with different length processes and fitting them together to make the most efficient use of the time provided.   Answer Question

Disapproved of the location

Application

Interview

Took a few weeks. Met on campus. Had an interview at school, then had to take a few online tests (basic math, what would you do in this situation kind of questions). Had a phone interview with them and that's it.

Interview Questions

• lots of what would you do in this situation type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

1) Phone Interview with HR 2) Phone interview with same HR + Engineer from the brewery (tell me about a time when questions) 3) Test. Math (easy) & role play resolving employee disputes (very strange) 4) Final interview (video conference call). This is usually 2 separate interviews on site, but they were combined into one video conference for me... I think it depends on how far away you live from their facility Nothing too technical. Very scripted. Nothing out of the ordinary. The role playing was strange, but it is contracted through another company and didn't seem to carry as much weight.

Interview Questions

Location was too far from home, lack of vacation days, I was not able to see the work site before starting the job.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Newark, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Met A-B at a college career fair and was basically pre-screened at their table. Also applied online through college's job board. Got an interview which was 2:1 for about 45 minutes, questions were STAR method and very typical. Received an email a week later saying they were no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a coworker and what happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

The first step was to take a computer test that lasted for roughly an hour, followed by a twenty minute math test. Then there was a 1on 1 interview. The hour long computer test was a lot of managerial scenarios that asked what would you most likely do and what would you least likely do in each situation along with general chart and table reading questions. Some of the questions asked you to perform some scheduling and such. The math test was pretty basic with no difficult calculations, just testing one's knowledge of the concepts more. The one on one interview was pretty standard name a time when this happened, or name a time when that happened. The one on one interview lasted for roughly forty five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to persuade someone to switch their opinion or approach on a topic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwinsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Baldwinsville, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later to have an group/panel interview and complete a management/skills test and a math test the next week. After two weeks i was contacted to have another Panel interview and complete a over the phone management test. The first panel interview was with lower level management and area managers. It was a very standard interview that included ~8-10 "tell me about a time" questions and the give me your history questions. Very basic, easy and strait forward. The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc. The Second interview was with plant upper management was a very "get to know you" type informal interview with a few "tell me about a time" questions. For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. Overall a great process for really knowing the applicant involving testing, interviewing and management conflict resolution. The phone interview was very awkward (especially trying to do conflict resolution over a phone meeting) at times and it was very obvious what the point was, and once complete it was obvious what you did right and did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took additional responsibilities without being asked.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you had to complete a difficult task that you didn't know how to approach.   Answer Question