Anheuser-Busch

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Group Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Interview Question – The role play/TAP assessment   Answer Question

Group Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – First interview asked for team leadership experience and situational questions about how you handled the people around you.

Second interview was similar, just more in depth about teamwork. Then two "tests" followed about time planning/management/scheduling.

Interview Question – The pseudo-tests they had were difficult. Dealt with different length processes and fitting them together to make the most efficient use of the time provided.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Disapproved of the location

Group Manager

Interview Details – Took a few weeks. Met on campus. Had an interview at school, then had to take a few online tests (basic math, what would you do in this situation kind of questions). Had a phone interview with them and that's it.

Interview Question – lots of what would you do in this situation type questions   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Phone Interview with HR
2) Phone interview with same HR + Engineer from the brewery (tell me about a time when questions)
3) Test. Math (easy) & role play resolving employee disputes (very strange)
4) Final interview (video conference call). This is usually 2 separate interviews on site, but they were combined into one video conference for me... I think it depends on how far away you live from their facility

Nothing too technical. Very scripted. Nothing out of the ordinary. The role playing was strange, but it is contracted through another company and didn't seem to carry as much weight.

Interview Question – The role playing in the exam interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location was too far from home, lack of vacation days, I was not able to see the work site before starting the job.

Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met A-B at a college career fair and was basically pre-screened at their table. Also applied online through college's job board. Got an interview which was 2:1 for about 45 minutes, questions were STAR method and very typical. Received an email a week later saying they were no longer interested.

Interview Question – What was a time you disagreed with a coworker and what happened?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2011.

Interview Details – The first step was to take a computer test that lasted for roughly an hour, followed by a twenty minute math test. Then there was a 1on 1 interview. The hour long computer test was a lot of managerial scenarios that asked what would you most likely do and what would you least likely do in each situation along with general chart and table reading questions. Some of the questions asked you to perform some scheduling and such. The math test was pretty basic with no difficult calculations, just testing one's knowledge of the concepts more. The one on one interview was pretty standard name a time when this happened, or name a time when that happened. The one on one interview lasted for roughly forty five minutes.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to persuade someone to switch their opinion or approach on a topic.   Answer Question

Baldwinsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later to have an group/panel interview and complete a management/skills test and a math test the next week. After two weeks i was contacted to have another Panel interview and complete a over the phone management test.

The first panel interview was with lower level management and area managers. It was a very standard interview that included ~8-10 "tell me about a time" questions and the give me your history questions. Very basic, easy and strait forward. The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

The Second interview was with plant upper management was a very "get to know you" type informal interview with a few "tell me about a time" questions. For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments.

Overall a great process for really knowing the applicant involving testing, interviewing and management conflict resolution. The phone interview was very awkward (especially trying to do conflict resolution over a phone meeting) at times and it was very obvious what the point was, and once complete it was obvious what you did right and did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took additional responsibilities without being asked.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time that you had to complete a difficult task that you didn't know how to approach.   Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2011.

Interview Details – There were many steps in the interview process. First, I had to submit an application on their website. Next, there was a 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. After that, they scheduled a more in-depth phone interview. Next, I spent a day on-site completing a series of 2-person behavioral interviews, a mathematical/problem-solving skills test, a multiple-choice personality test, and then a 3-part roleplay over the phone. From my understanding, the events that I completed in the all-day visit sometimes occur over a series of on-site visits.

The first phone interview was pretty basic and the HR representative asked about my work/education experience. The second phone interview was behavioral and also involved questions about my past experience. The behavioral interviews were fairly typical and questions were mostly structured in the "Tell me a time..." format. Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of your interviews! The interviewers seemed friendly, proud of their work, and somewhat laidback. At the same time, it did seem like the people had issues finding a work/life balance.

For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. The role play was my least favorite part of the interview process and I felt it was somewhat awkward and forced.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to defend a decision you made.   Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in April 2008.

Interview Details – Long and cumbersum. They really put people through a lot, as they should. There were lots of behavioral based interviews, assessments, and skill tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw someone being treated disrespectfully. How did you respond?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your work group fell short of its goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate.

Group Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – It's a three part process, starting off with a phone interview. The questions are pretty basic "tell me about a time..." The second portion is a test, made up of role plays, and scheduling, and basic math, lasting about 6-7 hours. The final interview: you meet with many managers, pretty standard.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, all organizational examples and questions about your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!