Anheuser-Busch

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2011.

Interview Details – There were many steps in the interview process. First, I had to submit an application on their website. Next, there was a 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. After that, they scheduled a more in-depth phone interview. Next, I spent a day on-site completing a series of 2-person behavioral interviews, a mathematical/problem-solving skills test, a multiple-choice personality test, and then a 3-part roleplay over the phone. From my understanding, the events that I completed in the all-day visit sometimes occur over a series of on-site visits.

The first phone interview was pretty basic and the HR representative asked about my work/education experience. The second phone interview was behavioral and also involved questions about my past experience. The behavioral interviews were fairly typical and questions were mostly structured in the "Tell me a time..." format. Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of your interviews! The interviewers seemed friendly, proud of their work, and somewhat laidback. At the same time, it did seem like the people had issues finding a work/life balance.

For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. The role play was my least favorite part of the interview process and I felt it was somewhat awkward and forced.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to defend a decision you made.   Answer Question

Baldwinsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later to have an group/panel interview and complete a management/skills test and a math test the next week. After two weeks i was contacted to have another Panel interview and complete a over the phone management test.

The first panel interview was with lower level management and area managers. It was a very standard interview that included ~8-10 "tell me about a time" questions and the give me your history questions. Very basic, easy and strait forward. The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

The Second interview was with plant upper management was a very "get to know you" type informal interview with a few "tell me about a time" questions. For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments.

Overall a great process for really knowing the applicant involving testing, interviewing and management conflict resolution. The phone interview was very awkward (especially trying to do conflict resolution over a phone meeting) at times and it was very obvious what the point was, and once complete it was obvious what you did right and did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took additional responsibilities without being asked.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time that you had to complete a difficult task that you didn't know how to approach.   Answer Question

Group Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Interview Details – Be warned that the interview process is very lengthy and somewhat repetitive.
You will meet or speak with multiple levels of management to ensure that the company and position is a good fit for both parties.
My personal interview process consisted of a phone screening, on site management skill/role play assessment, panel interview, additional phone interview.
The management assessment and math skills test are both quick and easy.
The role is slightly more challenging and will be difficult for someone with weak interpersonal skills. They do make it pretty obvious when you do something wrong during the role play.
All face to face interviews are pretty standard and consist of "tell me a time when..." style questions.
They will only progress you through these steps if you are a contender for the position so stay positive and make sure to FOLLOW UP all interviews with thank you emails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult problem that you didnt know start solving.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you saw someone being treated unfairly, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Most people they are hiring are college grads and giving the high level of competition they really don't need to negotiate.

Group Manager

I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process was extremely grueling, but it is refreshing to see a company that is so concerned about hiring the right person. First came a notification by the HR rep about wanting a phone screen. This was mostly background questions (education, social affiliations etc). I was notified about a week later of another phone screen with their operations manager. This was very similar to the first with more discussion of job history and experiences. After that came a third phone screen with the plant and production managers which was more structured and included a handful of 'tell me a time' type of questions.

A couple weeks later I was invited on site and had a 2 on 1 interview with the HR/plant manager. After that I took a math test and a personality test. The math was high school level arithmetic and dealt primarily with extracting important information from graphs/charts. The personality test was 100 situational questions.

After passing those, the following day I took a test called the TAP (no clue what it stands for and the people there don't know either). It was 3.5 hours of pure torture. Reading 3 different packets and then having 3 separate 15 minute phone conversations with people pretending to be your boss (scenario 1 where you develope a daily production schedule) and employees on your crew (scenario's 2 and 3 where you have to encourage teamwork with a disgruntled mechanic and go over a series of memo's with 2 employees in a conference call skit). Very awkward but I was notified on my way home that I had passed.

A couple of days later I had 2 last phone screens. The first was with corporate people and the second was actually with the CEO of the MCC. The last interview was the most intense. He was very, very proficient at interviewing in comparison to the others and really challenged me to state my best case for why I should have the job.

An hour or so after that a contingent offer was made upon passing a background and drug screen. I accepted the job and am still in the contingency phase until passing these last tests. Overall a very good experience!

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?"   Answer Question

Group Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – First interview asked for team leadership experience and situational questions about how you handled the people around you.

Second interview was similar, just more in depth about teamwork. Then two "tests" followed about time planning/management/scheduling.

Interview Question – The pseudo-tests they had were difficult. Dealt with different length processes and fitting them together to make the most efficient use of the time provided.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Disapproved of the location

Group Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Interview Question – The role play/TAP assessment   Answer Question

Group Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview with a number of company leaders to ensure position is a good fit. Must pass a technical/skills test and a basic math test.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions were the most common. "Tell me about a time when you had to implement change."   Answer Question

Merrimack, NH

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in April 2008.

Interview Details – Long and cumbersum. They really put people through a lot, as they should. There were lots of behavioral based interviews, assessments, and skill tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw someone being treated disrespectfully. How did you respond?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your work group fell short of its goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate.

Group Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2010.

Interview Details – I recently got the opportunity to interview with Anheuser Busch for a Manager Position. This is the third position I have interviewed for with this company. The interview was with the Operations Manager, and the Assistant Operations Manager. The interview questions were very scripted and situational. I was asked to describe a time I had to give an employee negative feedback and what was the outcome. I was asked about a time I had to negotiate for goods or services for my company or group and what negotiating method I used. I was asked about software programs I had experience with and any electrical machinary I had used before. There were other similar questions buy those are the ones I most remember. The interviewers were friendly and personable. I thought I did a pretty good job. I am still currently waiting for a call to find out if I got through to the next round. The Manager told me the first interview is only 1/5 th the way through.

I will continue to keep you all posted.

Interview Questions

• Identify a time when you took steps to address a problem or concern within your company that was not being addressed. What did you do specifically to address the problem.   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you made an improvement to a process that was already working well.   Answer Question

Group Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2010.

Interview Details – As others have posted, this process is very long. They were all very accurate with the interview questions asked. I had numerous phone interviews with many different members of the brewery. After having the phone interviews, I was invited for a skills test that lasted the majority of the day, followed by a final interview. I had a basic math test/personality test. The company moves fast in their hiring process. You find out very quickly if you made it to the next interview and they are very upfront about how many stages in the process there are. I really enjoyed talking to each person throughout the interviews.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to give an employee negative feedback. How did they react? What was the result?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anheuser-Busch

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anheuser-Busch Group Manager interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Anheuser-Busch employees and interview candidates.