Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Merrimack, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

There were many steps in the interview process. First, I had to submit an application on their website. Next, there was a 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. After that, they scheduled a more in-depth phone interview. Next, I spent a day on-site completing a series of 2-person behavioral interviews, a mathematical/problem-solving skills test, a multiple-choice personality test, and then a 3-part roleplay over the phone. From my understanding, the events that I completed in the all-day visit sometimes occur over a series of on-site visits.

The first phone interview was pretty basic and the HR representative asked about my work/education experience. The second phone interview was behavioral and also involved questions about my past experience. The behavioral interviews were fairly typical and questions were mostly structured in the "Tell me a time..." format. Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of your interviews! The interviewers seemed friendly, proud of their work, and somewhat laidback. At the same time, it did seem like the people had issues finding a work/life balance.

The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. The role play was my least favorite part of the interview process and I felt it was somewhat awkward and forced.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to defend a decision you made.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Merrimack, NH) in April 2008.

Interview

Long and cumbersum. They really put people through a lot, as they should. There were lots of behavioral based interviews, assessments, and skill tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw someone being treated disrespectfully. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your work group fell short of its goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

It's a three part process, starting off with a phone interview. The questions are pretty basic "tell me about a time..." The second portion is a test, made up of role plays, and scheduling, and basic math, lasting about 6-7 hours. The final interview: you meet with many managers, pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, all organizational examples and questions about your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2012.

Interview

The process was extremely grueling, but it is refreshing to see a company that is so concerned about hiring the right person. First came a notification by the HR rep about wanting a phone screen. This was mostly background questions (education, social affiliations etc). I was notified about a week later of another phone screen with their operations manager. This was very similar to the first with more discussion of job history and experiences. After that came a third phone screen with the plant and production managers which was more structured and included a handful of 'tell me a time' type of questions.

A couple weeks later I was invited on site and had a 2 on 1 interview with the HR/plant manager. After that I took a math test and a personality test. The math was high school level arithmetic and dealt primarily with extracting important information from graphs/charts. The personality test was 100 situational questions.

After passing those, the following day I took a test called the TAP (no clue what it stands for and the people there don't know either). It was 3.5 hours of pure torture. Reading 3 different packets and then having 3 separate 15 minute phone conversations with people pretending to be your boss (scenario 1 where you develope a daily production schedule) and employees on your crew (scenario's 2 and 3 where you have to encourage teamwork with a disgruntled mechanic and go over a series of memo's with 2 employees in a conference call skit). Very awkward but I was notified on my way home that I had passed.

A couple of days later I had 2 last phone screens. The first was with corporate people and the second was actually with the CEO of the MCC. The last interview was the most intense. He was very, very proficient at interviewing in comparison to the others and really challenged me to state my best case for why I should have the job.

An hour or so after that a contingent offer was made upon passing a background and drug screen. I accepted the job and am still in the contingency phase until passing these last tests. Overall a very good experience!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?"   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in May 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview. I was put on speaker phone and talked with 3 people about the position. The questions were mainly on telling them stories to show your leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone in your group wasn't pulling their weight? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2011.

Interview

You first had a case study, where you had to make a schedule of a new operations factory and explain it to your fake boss. After you had to do two conflict resolutions with workers below you.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Interview

Be warned that the interview process is very lengthy and somewhat repetitive.
    You will meet or speak with multiple levels of management to ensure that the company and position is a good fit for both parties.
    My personal interview process consisted of a phone screening, on site management skill/role play assessment, panel interview, additional phone interview.
    The management assessment and math skills test are both quick and easy.
    The role is slightly more challenging and will be difficult for someone with weak interpersonal skills. They do make it pretty obvious when you do something wrong during the role play.
    All face to face interviews are pretty standard and consist of "tell me a time when..." style questions.
    They will only progress you through these steps if you are a contender for the position so stay positive and make sure to FOLLOW UP all interviews with thank you emails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult problem that you didnt know start solving.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you saw someone being treated unfairly, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Most people they are hiring are college grads and giving the high level of competition they really don't need to negotiate.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2010.

Interview

As others have posted, this process is very long. They were all very accurate with the interview questions asked. I had numerous phone interviews with many different members of the brewery. After having the phone interviews, I was invited for a skills test that lasted the majority of the day, followed by a final interview. I had a basic math test/personality test. The company moves fast in their hiring process. You find out very quickly if you made it to the next interview and they are very upfront about how many stages in the process there are. I really enjoyed talking to each person throughout the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to give an employee negative feedback. How did they react? What was the result?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2010.

Interview

I recently got the opportunity to interview with Anheuser Busch for a Manager Position. This is the third position I have interviewed for with this company. The interview was with the Operations Manager, and the Assistant Operations Manager. The interview questions were very scripted and situational. I was asked to describe a time I had to give an employee negative feedback and what was the outcome. I was asked about a time I had to negotiate for goods or services for my company or group and what negotiating method I used. I was asked about software programs I had experience with and any electrical machinary I had used before. There were other similar questions buy those are the ones I most remember. The interviewers were friendly and personable. I thought I did a pretty good job. I am still currently waiting for a call to find out if I got through to the next round. The Manager told me the first interview is only 1/5 th the way through.

I will continue to keep you all posted.

Interview Questions

• Identify a time when you took steps to address a problem or concern within your company that was not being addressed. What did you do specifically to address the problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you made an improvement to a process that was already working well.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2008.

Interview

Interview with a number of company leaders to ensure position is a good fit. Must pass a technical/skills test and a basic math test.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions were the most common. "Tell me about a time when you had to implement change."   Answer Question