Anheuser-Busch InBev

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.6

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

I met the recruiters at a campus career fair and was invited to an infosession later that week. After signing in at the infosession, my name was added to a list of starred candidates, which I was informed of through an email.

First interview was a case interview on campus. I was given a packet of information for 30 minutes and given 8 minutes to present in front of two interviewers. I was contacted that evening via phone and invited to a behavioral interview on campus the next day.

The behavioral interview was extremely straight forward, maybe 8 questions, very relaxed. I was told I could expect a verdict by the end of the next week, but received the email informing me I'd been selected to fly to St. Louis within two days. As an intern, as opposed to a full time trainee, I was told I would skip the second business case in t. Louis and attend a panel interview in front of the companies top executives.

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch InBev

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2014.

The interview process was very extensive with many rounds. First, is an online application. If you meet initial requirements, you will be sent an online assessment to take. If you pass that, you have a business case interview. The case was pretty difficult and the interviewers know that. You are placed in a room for 30 minutes by yourself and given a packet of a lot of information, both qualitative and quantitative, about different seasonal beers. You need to determine the best two seasonal beers to produce and then are expected to come up with an innovative marketing plan for them. You present your recommendations to the interviewer for 7-8 minutes and then they ask you questions about your decisions. If you pass, the following day is a behavioral interview. Overall, pretty standard, but some different questions about leadership style, situational questions (i.e. how would you split up a bonus between two employees based on what they have accomplished?), and some marketing questions. I did not make it past the behavioral interview, but I know there are two more rounds on-site in St. Louis after that.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product that you think has a good marketing strategy. What is it and why does it work so well?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2014.

I found out about the position through my university's recruit. I met with him to discuss the logistics and show my interest in the position. He then gave me an internal referral through which I applied for the position.

I received an invitation to interview a week or so later. The first interview is rather difficult as it is a business scenario where you are asked to recommend 2 beers for them to produce. You are given a 13 page packet with various data and information, and have 30 minutes to make your recommendation and come up with a marketing plan. Your recommendation must be backed up by data. You are then given 7 minutes to present it to 2 people from Anheuser and then they ask you questions about your suggestions. I thoughts I bombed this, but...

I was then invited for a behavioral interview the following day. One of the execs was rather engaged with me and was happy to hold a conversation while the other seemed bored and was constantly checking his phone. This behavioral has typical questions - tell us about a time when you won a competition, tell us about a time you got feedback, tell us about a campaign that really stood out in your mind and how would you have improved it, why AB InBev. I think what really impressed them is my knowledge of the industry and the questions that I asked them at the end.

Within 2-3 days I was invited to fly out to St. Louis for the game simulation. This is a whole day process, but really didn't need to be. In the morning they took us on a tour of the facilities and beer tasting. Then we had 2 1/2 hours of downtime before the game simulation. Once the game started, we were semi-randomly assigned to teams. 4 teams, 4 beer companies competing against one another. There is 1 president per company, 1 VP of marketing, 1 VP of sales, 1 VP of finance, 1 VP of HR. There are several round where you are racing against time to give them 3 recommendations; beer price, how much to spend on marketing, and percentage allocated to social responsibility. These 3 numbers dictate how you do against other companies. If you fail to do well, you lose points. Between rounds, they fired questions at us, moved people from team to team, and made the president fire someone. The whole game simulation lasted about 2 1/2 hours.

It's hard to get your word in. They hover over you while you make decisions to see how well you do in a team. I thought I did fine, minus the fact that I barely said anything since the rest of the team overpowered the conversation, but alas, I did not get invited to the final round of interviews.

The final round of interviews would have been the week after the game simulation. You meet with several presidents and execs and it's a behavioral interview.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2014.

Applied for position through campus career posting. Was required to complete an initial personality and logical reasoning assessment. Once I passed those two online tests, I was invited to have an on-campus interview with 2 company managers.

The entire interview lasted about 80 minutes: 30 minutes was spent to simply read and review a marketing case about selecting two newly tested Anheuser-Busch products to increase market share and profitability of the product portfolio. After analyzing the case, I was then asked to present my recommendations to the managers in roughly 8 minutes, followed by a brief Q & A.

I believe they judged me more so on the process than the actual recommendations. However, I do think the case had an optimal solution and the organization/structure of my presentation was important to focus on.

Interview Questions
    • How can we incorporate more innovative marketing strategies than our competitors when promoting the products you recommended?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2014.

Initial step: Online Application, Resume Submission
    2nd Step:Online Logic Test, 20 Questions
    3rd Step: Business Case Interview
    Then there's more...
    Interview was conducted on campus for the 3rd step. The time between resume submission and interview was approximately 2 weeks.

Applied to the China program, so the last round of interview will be conducted in Shanghai.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

There is a 7-step process, so be prepared. However, it just proves how much they really care about their employees -- they really want to take care to get the best people possible! Online application, cultural fit test, logical reasoning test, individual case study on campus, 2-on-1 interview on campus, business simulation (they fly you out to STL), and then a final panel (6 candidates with 6 members of senior management). Couldn't believe that such high up people were taking the time to talk to a peon like me...got to chat with the zone President before I was even hired. Wow!

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, because the salary was huge, benefits are great, and company is just fanastic! They also pay for housing, corporate apartments, rental cars, gas, food, etc, so I am saving a ton of money on top of the huge salary. Way bigger than my friends in consulting. And, free beer.

Global Management Trainee Interview

applied online and received a call 3 months later. 2 telephone conversations.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Applied it online and finished an online quiz. Few days later I got an email for the next interview. During the interview, I got 30 min to work on a case, about 10 min each for presentation and answering the question.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Got in contact with ABI through our university career fair. Applied online and was contacted for a on campus business case interview. Was called back later that day for another interview. The second interview is much more of a traditional behavioral interview. The case interview consisted of a 30- min prep session followed by a small 5 min presentation and then a small Q and A session. The first interview went so fast but it seems like they are more concerned with how you present your solution rather than the solution itself.

Interview Questions
    • Case- using given data, recommend two new beers to be implemented to a seasonal lineup of beers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2013.

Multiple rounds. First round was online assessment. Second round was a case where they give you a packet of information. Third round was a two-on-one interview with fit questions. The final round was in St. Louis before a panel of Senior Leadership and you are with a panel of potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked this but during the final round, they asked one of the other candidates which other candidate they would higher.   Answer Question