Anheuser-Busch InBev

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

3.4

Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

First interview was he'd on campus as a 3 person departmental interview. After confirmation of advancing to the next round, the second and third interviews were combined to one panel session. 5 managers 4 candidates. Round table firing session. Pretty basic behavioral questions. Brewery tour.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Applied through campus recruiting.
    First round interview on campus consisted of about 8 behavioral questions asked by 2 interviewers.
    Final recruitment day only had 1 panel interview with 2 behavioral questions per candidate.
    There were no technical questions, though I heard that other interviewees were asked panel interview questions such as, "Which one of us would you least want to work for?"

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to get outside help to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

The interview process started with an interview on campus with 2 reps. It was very structured and consisted of technical and behavioral questions. The second interview was a whole day of tours and a panel interview at the brewery. All the candidates were in the same room with a panel of 5 senior managers and were asked the same questions. The questions were very similar to the behavioral questions asked in the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to take or give constructive criticism.   Answer Question

GMT Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in November 2014.

First you get a cultural fit test, then a personality test, then a logical reasoning test, then a phone interview that last 15 minutes or so. The interviewer will do a background check (asking basic information about you) and ask you 4 competencies questions. The interviewer doesn't have any prior information about you.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main challenges of the beer industry ?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that would allow you to tackle these challenges ?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

They were very open and direct during the interview. They mainly asked work situational questions. "Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle it." I made it to the second round of interviews and didn't hear back from there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to do a job based off of data   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

I met the recruiters at a campus career fair and was invited to an infosession later that week. After signing in at the infosession, my name was added to a list of starred candidates, which I was informed of through an email.

First interview was a case interview on campus. I was given a packet of information for 30 minutes and given 8 minutes to present in front of two interviewers. I was contacted that evening via phone and invited to a behavioral interview on campus the next day.

The behavioral interview was extremely straight forward, maybe 8 questions, very relaxed. I was told I could expect a verdict by the end of the next week, but received the email informing me I'd been selected to fly to St. Louis within two days. As an intern, as opposed to a full time trainee, I was told I would skip the second business case in t. Louis and attend a panel interview in front of the companies top executives.

Logistics Interview

I got a first round interview through my campus career services. The first round is obligatory for them to everyone so don't take it too seriously. I had an amazing interview. Within hours I received an email saying I wasn't qualified for this job. Don't bother going unless your GPA is a 3.0 or higher

GMT Rotational Program Interview

I applied through the online system and heard back within a week.
    The first round interview was a written case interview. 30 mins were given to look it over, you then had 7 mins to present your conclusion, and the interviewer had 8 mins to ask you questions about your conclusion and your reasoning.

Interview Questions
    • It turns out that your recommendation will exceed the plant's production capacity, what do you plan on doing about this?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2014.

I found out about the position through my university's recruit. I met with him to discuss the logistics and show my interest in the position. He then gave me an internal referral through which I applied for the position.

I received an invitation to interview a week or so later. The first interview is rather difficult as it is a business scenario where you are asked to recommend 2 beers for them to produce. You are given a 13 page packet with various data and information, and have 30 minutes to make your recommendation and come up with a marketing plan. Your recommendation must be backed up by data. You are then given 7 minutes to present it to 2 people from Anheuser and then they ask you questions about your suggestions. I thoughts I bombed this, but...

I was then invited for a behavioral interview the following day. One of the execs was rather engaged with me and was happy to hold a conversation while the other seemed bored and was constantly checking his phone. This behavioral has typical questions - tell us about a time when you won a competition, tell us about a time you got feedback, tell us about a campaign that really stood out in your mind and how would you have improved it, why AB InBev. I think what really impressed them is my knowledge of the industry and the questions that I asked them at the end.

Within 2-3 days I was invited to fly out to St. Louis for the game simulation. This is a whole day process, but really didn't need to be. In the morning they took us on a tour of the facilities and beer tasting. Then we had 2 1/2 hours of downtime before the game simulation. Once the game started, we were semi-randomly assigned to teams. 4 teams, 4 beer companies competing against one another. There is 1 president per company, 1 VP of marketing, 1 VP of sales, 1 VP of finance, 1 VP of HR. There are several round where you are racing against time to give them 3 recommendations; beer price, how much to spend on marketing, and percentage allocated to social responsibility. These 3 numbers dictate how you do against other companies. If you fail to do well, you lose points. Between rounds, they fired questions at us, moved people from team to team, and made the president fire someone. The whole game simulation lasted about 2 1/2 hours.

It's hard to get your word in. They hover over you while you make decisions to see how well you do in a team. I thought I did fine, minus the fact that I barely said anything since the rest of the team overpowered the conversation, but alas, I did not get invited to the final round of interviews.

The final round of interviews would have been the week after the game simulation. You meet with several presidents and execs and it's a behavioral interview.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev in October 2014.

The interview process was very extensive with many rounds. First, is an online application. If you meet initial requirements, you will be sent an online assessment to take. If you pass that, you have a business case interview. The case was pretty difficult and the interviewers know that. You are placed in a room for 30 minutes by yourself and given a packet of a lot of information, both qualitative and quantitative, about different seasonal beers. You need to determine the best two seasonal beers to produce and then are expected to come up with an innovative marketing plan for them. You present your recommendations to the interviewer for 7-8 minutes and then they ask you questions about your decisions. If you pass, the following day is a behavioral interview. Overall, pretty standard, but some different questions about leadership style, situational questions (i.e. how would you split up a bonus between two employees based on what they have accomplished?), and some marketing questions. I did not make it past the behavioral interview, but I know there are two more rounds on-site in St. Louis after that.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product that you think has a good marketing strategy. What is it and why does it work so well?   Answer Question