Anheuser-Busch InBev Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.3

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Interview

The interview process was difficult. We had a case study, regular hour long interview, and online test. The final interview was panel style with 5-6 other candidates and senior level leadership at the company. They ask you a lot of rapid fire style questions and want you to work off other candidates' answers.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had two interviews. Both interviews entailed a combination of character and experience / skill questions via verbal conversations with managers only. Ability to discuss experience working with or developing Windows services and relational databases in large company environments is vital. Knowledge of the manufacturing industry including control systems was highly desirable.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your knowledge and experience with Microsoft .NET and ASP.NET   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Interview

First interaction was at a campus career expo. After talking at the booth I was invited for the on-campus interview. General behavioral questions and speaking of myself. Next was online assessments (which, to be honest, I don't remember too well considering I did so many in such a short period of time for many different prospective employers). After the online assessments, a two and a half hour phone assessment was conducted which put me into everyday work situations and I was observed how I dealt with each situation. This was a solo activity and the recruiter came all the way to my campus for this assessment. After the phone assessment I was invited for an on-site tour and interview at one of the breweries. There were two interviews back-to-back which just went over my skill set and why I wanted to work for them. One interview was a panel, the other was essentially one-on-one. A longer process then I'm used to (began in mid-September and an offer was given in early February) but after the on-site interviews an offer was given.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you stood up to a superior (in any environment).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as their offer was well above any other offer I had available at that time.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Interview

I was asked to interview from campus recruiting. The first one was general behavior questions. They had like 8 questions written in a packet and just fired each question one after another. Then there were 2 online assessments that tested your behavior for certain situations as well as your basic knowledge of simple math. The onsite interview scheduling was annoying. The HR person tried to make her own job easy on herself by asking me to provide my own transportation, and when I said I couldn't, a bunch of other issues came up. And then the onsite interview was behavioral as well, but they also had a TAP phone simulation which was weird.

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Interview

Completed online exam (very simple) before getting a call to come to plant. Had another basic analytical exam to complete on a computer there before I received another call for an in-person interview. Met with 2 HR reps and ops manager

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Interview

Panel interview, skills set testing, departmental interview and final interview over a period of about 4 months. Lots of how would react questions, not technical but tested your thought process. Production environment role play with testers and employee. Overall very good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were geared towards behavioral treats.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer accepted!

Brand Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed as part of the NYC recruitment effort in the move from St. Louis. The process started after I was contacted on LinkedIn, which encouraged me to apply based on my profile. The person who contacted me on LinkedIn was non-responsive to my requests to speak before applying, but I went ahead with the application. After applying with my resume, I completed two online screeners – one personality assessment and one logical reasoning test. After passing both tests, I was asked to submit a series of 1-3 minute video responses to questions. Some of the questions were: 1) Tell us about yourself; 2) Describe your dream career; 3) What is your favorite beer brand and why; 3) Describe an innovation you worked on; 4) What would we find out about your interests based on your web history. Within a few days, I was informed I was moving on to the next step: a structure interview 1:1 via Skype. About a week later, I participated in a 30-minute Skype call with a Marketing Director. It consisted of a few behavioral questions, and I was provided the opportunity to ask my own questions. After probing, the interviewer let me know I was being considered for a role that would be a lateral move from my current position. I informed him that I was most likely unwilling to consider a lateral move. He let me know there were limited roles at other levels. The next day I received an email informing me that I was invited to Selection Day in NYC. The email asked for confirmation that I could attend and asked if I needed travel arrangements. The week before the interview, I had a preparation call with an HR representative. The HR representative explained me I was being considered for the "brand" function, but provided no detail on the role or level. Selection Day starts with a happy hour on Friday evening. This was a "casual" atmosphere with candidates and ABI leaders at a NYC bar. Most of the candidates were local to NYC. Happy hour provided limited opportunity to better understand what ABI was seeking. Almost all of the candidates were less experienced than I myself, which made it unclear if my comment about not being interested in a lateral move was heard. Leaders included the NA VP of Marketing, Budweiser’s NA VP of Marketing, Bud Light’s NA VP of Marketing, the NA VP of Innovation, the NA VP of Insights and various HR team members. The happy hour was scheduled 6:30-8:30, but lasts later for those that stick around. It was unclear if it was appropriate to stay late – but the HR representative mentioned the next day that she did not leave the bar until 12:30 AM. On Saturday, candidates split into groups of 5 for 2 hour slots throughout the day. The first hour is a series of 5 10-minute "speed dating" interviews with ABI leaders. Each 10-minute session consists of 1 candidate and 2 leaders from ABI: 1 from HR and a team leader (e.g. Bud Light VP, Innovation VP). It goes by fast, and most questions are behavioral. Next is a panel interview with 5 candidates and 5 members from ABI (2 HR, NA VP Marketing, 2 other leaders) sitting on opposite sides of a long table. The session starts with each candidate presenting a slide they were asked to prepare before the interview. Each candidate’s slide answered: 1) Why are you a good fit for ABI?; 2) What is a big opportunity for ABI and/or the beer industry? After candidates present their slide, ABI leaders ask questions to each of the candidates in no particular order. Rarely is the same question asked to multiple candidates. The candidates are told they can jump in with their input if they have something worth sharing, but it is not clear if this is truly encouraged. After the 2-hour session, HR informs candidates they will find out if an offer will be extended that evening. ABI sent an email that evening stating they need more time. The next day I received a call from HR informing they will not extend an offer. No additional detail is provided. It was a different type of interview than anything I had experienced previously, but overall I was disappointed with process. As an experienced candidate, the lack of transparency was extremely disappointing. During the happy hour, I developed a great rapport with at least two of the senior leaders. One leader specifically let me know they were already thinking about me as a potential fit on their team. The rapport appeared to extend into the formal interview on Saturday, which is another reason why ABI’s decision not to extend an offer perplexes me. In the end I'm not sure if I would have accepted an offer as the ambiguity about the role and cookie-cutter answers to many of my questions during the process were not inspiring and appeared inauthentic. “Access to people” and “Be where the trends are happening” were repeated multiple times by different leaders – and it came across as something HR prepared for the leaders in a "how to answer candidate questions" guide.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give harsh feedback to a direct report?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 important things when marketing to millennials?   Answer Question
    • Provide me an example of how you're a competitive person   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for AB InBev?   Answer Question
    • What do you see as a next big opportunity for AB InBev and/or the beer industry – what can we do to improve our business?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. First there was a screening call, followed by an online profile and application submission. Two tests - one cultural that took 15 min, you had to choose which type of personality/employee you are, followed by a 30 min timed logic test that was similar to the GMAT Critical Reasoning section. Once you pass all of that you are invited to submit on-demand solution - which is a video interview that you record on your own time and submit within 5 days. Questions below. Once you pass all of those steps you are invited to do a 30 min Skype Interview with a Manager or Director of the position you are applying for. Once you pass that you are invited to a weekend long interview in NYC where you meet the VP North America and answer panel interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most innovative or creative idea that you have implemented? Talk about the idea, how you implemented it, and specific results?   Answer Question
    • If I were to look at the web history section of your browser, what would I learn about your skill set/ abilities/ interests that isn't on your resume?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev (Champaign, IL).

Interview

two rounds of interview. first round was focused on checking the past experience and skills. second round was mostly behavioral. with question pertaining to working in ambiguity and working for executives and higher management.

Financial Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

All communication via email. No attempt to contact verbally, therefore, check your spam folder. First interview, phone with HR directly on location (not an outside screener). Next was two interviews, same day, 1-1.5 hour each. Initial interview very structured, interviewers took notes and asked the questions directly per HR direction. Second interview was with one person and very free flowing, conversational - no notes taken. It was probably one of the best interviews I have ever had in 25 years. Second interview indicated interest and various levels where I could benefit the AB family. As left HR stated would contact within 2-3 weeks either way, as they pride themselves on getting back quickly and realize looking for other positions outside AB. I sent an email for thank you's next day, with immediate response from all 3 (encouraging). It has been over 5 weeks and no communication. I have reached out via voicemail and email (to more than HR). No response. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly "tell me about a time...". Very structured. Some accounting related. Second interviewer was more about what challenges do you see for AB in the future.   1 Answer