Anheuser-Busch

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.4

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

HR took months to get back to me on interviews and scheduling. Interviews were disjointed and disorganized. At certain levels, you will have to meet with senior management (VP level) in order to qualify due to banding. Because of the additional level of interviews, it might take months to get a final offer - if at all.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were standard "tell me of a difficult situation" or "tell me about this" type questions. Nothing fancy.   Answer Question
    Always ask for a higher salary because you might not receive a raise for several years.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2014.

I met them at our Career Fair and attended one of their info sessions. I applied online and they invited me in for an initial case interview. The case itself was almost impossible to nail. You work for a hypothetical company that currently produces 4 beers. They provide how much beer is produced each season and how much revenue each beer brings in. Then they give you another list of 8 beers with the same data, and ask you to choose two beers to implement into the current beer portfolio. They also tell you which beers appeal to which target audiences, and tell you what their competitors are doing. They also tell you to come up with a marketing strategy for your new beers. They ask you to do this in 30 minutes, and then give a 10 minute presentation of your plan.

This is pretty much impossible, but the idea is to focus on the key issues and make up the rest as you go. I was only able to get to a few of the important points in my presentation, but they invited me back anyway. They don't expect you to solve everything, they just want to see your thought process.

The second round interview the next day was a very laid-back behavioral interview. I thought it went well, but for some reason was not invited to St. Louis for the third round.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Anheuser-Busch should do to improve our brand?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Go through Envision staffing services for initial phone interview, after that interview prepare to be barraged by behavioral/situational interview questions by a 3-4 person panel, and pretty much only those type of questions. Master the STAR technique: Situation Task Action & Response.

Interview Questions
    • paraphrased - Tell me about a time where you were faced with a hard situation in the work place. What actions did you take to resolve the situation and what was the result of those actions?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2014.

Smooth, typical interview over Skype. They said they would get back to me within the week. I've sent three emails and a thank you note and have only heard silence. Very unprofessional.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2014.

I was very surprised by how unprofessional the HR process was at AB. I was notified by email that I'd been selected to interview and asked to select my availability from a list of dates. Despite repeatedly following up by email and phone, I didn't hear anything back about scheduling well past the last date listed as an option. For a while, I truly suspected the interview request wasn't real. After giving up, I finally got a reply, giving me a single scheduling option two days later.

Once I finally made it to the actual interview, it was more like what I would expect from a company of this size and caliber. The questions were very tough and it did seem like their efforts to convey just how much and how hard I'd be working were a little over the top, but nothing too extreme.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your short term goals were incompatible with your long term goals and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Plant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Made initial contact with recruiters at college career fair in the morning and was asked to return for follow-up interview that afternoon. Afternoon interview consisted of a 3-person panel interview (2 from HR and 1 from engineering). Time was spent going-through my resume and experience, with much discussion on whether I was interested in a position as a plant engineer (doing actual engineering work) or as an engineering manager (managing personnel) - I was more interested in the former rather than the latter. Following the panel interview, I had to take a test that evaluated personality and management/leadership style.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain a time that I had to quickly solve an unexpected engineering problem involving a project I was working on. While I was able to answer the question well with a good example, being a college student at the time, I thought that some (if not many) college students might not have relevant experience to draw-upon for answering such a question.   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

1. Apply for job
    2. Online assessment based on your work ethic
    3. Online aptitude test
    4. Informal interview with HR and Lead Analyst
    - asked about 7 behavioral questions: "describe a time your work was criticized."
    5. Tap-telephone assessment (I am waiting to do this)

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to motivate someone about a new procedure who didn’t agree with it, if so how did you motivate them?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

I was given a phone interview for a production manager role that would be on shift. When I was initially contacted via email by the HR rep, she scheduled the interview for 9AM on a Tuesday. That day I was waiting for the call, but at 9AM nothing happened. I continued waiting until 912AM until I decided to call her, but I got her voicemail, so I left a message. Three minutes later she finally called saying she was busy. However, I was the first appointment of her day. She was accompanied by two other shift managers in a conference call setting. None of the employees sounded extremely happy to be there. It was clear from the tones of their voices that they held slight dissatisfaction with their jobs. It also irked me that this was the first time I've ever had an interviewer not only call me late but make excuses for it as well.

I was offered to continue the process, but I declined and explicitly cited that the tardiness and apathetic nature of all those who interviewed me indicated that AB was not a place I would enjoy working.

Interview Questions
    • If a chair broke during your shift, what would you do?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Got the interview through On Campus Recruiting, was contact approximately 2 weeks after to set up an interview. Questions were pretty predictable and answerable, no real curve balls. Is more of a corporate finance role.

Intern Interview

Talked to Anheuser-Busch at a career fair and had a follow-up interview the same day. To be considered, the interviewee must have at least a 2.8 GPA minimum. Interviewer read off a sheet of pre-determined questions and filled in the blanks as each question was asked. Very relaxed interview altogether and no curveballs which means you will have to stand out among the generic questions they ask you.