Anheuser-Busch

Average Difficulty
121 candidate interviews

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total. Extensive backround check. Personality test with situational questions. Laid back company culture but uptight interviews. Advice would be to prepare for "Name a time when" questions. Drug tests are mandatory.

Interview Question – Name a time when you persuaded someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Global Management Trainee Program Interview

Global Management Trainee Program

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in December 2009.

Interview Details – There are six stages to the selection process:
1. CV-screening
Good academics results and proof of initiative wrt extracurricular activities are essential here.
2. Online test on abstract reasoning skills & cultural fit
As the description indicates this stage involves a lot of reasoning and personality tests. You first have to fill in some motivational boxes, e.g. why you want to join AB Inbev. Then there is a timed part (90 minutes) in which your personality is mapped and IQ/intelligence is tested by means of multiple choice questions.
3. Video interview
If all this goes well you are invited for a video interview (skype was used) and you're asked typical interview questions (e.g. what are your strengths, weaknesses, disappointments, motivation for life changing decisions etc.). From feedback I derived that it is important to be quick on your feet, and be prepared. These types of questions are pretty standard so look them up. It is also quite essential that you know the company itself, so browse the website thoroughly.
4. First assessment day
All over Europe assessment days (10 in total) are held where you are expected to prepare a business case in 20 minutes and then discuss it in group, coming to a consensus and a final decision. The key to being successful here is being fast, you don't get time to read everything so be selective. I was presented with a business case in which you had to pick a project to use a budget for. There wasn't a lot of creativity involved, the main distinguishing features were taking charge ("leading the meeting, keeping time") and being analytical, keep figures in your head. Sadly this is where the application process ended for me. After this stage only 40 applicants remained.
5. AB Inbev day
Another assessment day where approximately half/ a third is eliminated.
6. Panel interview
A panel interview at AB Inbev HQ with high ranking managers among which the CEO, Carlos Brito.

Overall perception:
The selection is hard for "normal" master's degree (soon to be) graduates as myself. Most of the people present had internship/post master experience. However AB Inbev comes across as very professional and interesting to work for. The program is extremely selective, only 10-20 people are selected from a pool of a couple of thousand applicants, coming from all over Europe.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest disappointment recently?   View Answer
  • Give an example of a situation where one of your weaknesses showed itself.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in June 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process took a little over a month. I had a phone interview first. Then I went in and met with the managers of my department. then I came back to meet the 2 main bosses. Then I had to come back a third time with college transcripts, a drug test, a full background check. The interviews were very probing, a lot of "tell me a time when..."

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you persuaded someone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given my offer and told I couldn' negotiate...rather strange.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global Management Training Program Interview

Global Management Training Program
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2011.

Interview Details – First round interview was a group business simulation. Room was cut in half and presented a case. Had 30 minutes to plan, 10 minutes to speak. The goal here is to be the obvious leader. Not just the person who talks the loundest but someone who takes charge and offers solid advice and reasons. I was not this person and did not move on. 1:1 interview would have occurred the very next day.

Interview Question – How would you implement two new beers into the current portfolio.   View Answer

Global Management Training Program Interview

Global Management Training Program
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through our campus recruiting service. I was sent an email soon after with links to a personality fit test and IQ test. Three days later I was sent an email inviting me to an on campus case interview. For the case interview, they sat me in a room and gave me a packet of information and told me that I had 30 min to come up with a solution and formulate an eight minute presentation to pitch to the interviewers in the next room. After the presentation the interviewers asked a couple questions and said that they would let me know the results of the interview by phone that night.

They called me that night and invited me to another on campus interview at 10:00 the next morning. This was a typical behavioral interview that lasted about 35 minutes. They notified me about 4 days later that I was invited to fly out to St. Louis for a group interview.

This group interview consisted of a business simulation where we were split into teams to make business decisions to try and win the competition. After the simulation, they took us to see (and take photos with) the famous Clydesdale horses. We then got to tour the facilities and browse the gift shop.

I was contacted by email later that week to say that I would be flown out to the final interview stage, the panel interview. This day they gave us a brewing tutorial and then took 6 candidates into a room to have a group interview with 6 of the top employees in the organization, including the North American Zone President. They asked individual questions and asked us to ask each other questions.

I was called 3 days later and informed that I was not being offered the job because they felt that I was not committed to the company in the long term.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 15 years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2010.

Interview Details – You will have 1 interview with the branch manger and a DSM. they will ask you a bunch of questions of what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Question – How in your past jobs have you helped the business   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Apprenticeship - Machine Operator Interview

Apprenticeship - Machine Operator
Williamsburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – It was smooth but extensive. Expect answering an online questionnaire, centralized CBT exam, resolve real life workplace situations in 35 minutes all throuhh the phone, and at least two face to face interviews with the HR then the staff.

Interview Question – Generally speaking, all the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – No offer yet because Im still going through the hiring process. Long hiring process. Applied online, took an online assessment, then took an on site assessment. A little over a month later, went in for an interview with HR and department managers. Lots of behavioral type questions, "tell me when you improved a process..." I'm going back for the TAP phone assessment soon and if that goes well then last step is final interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were frustrated with a work situation, and how you handled it. Tell about a time your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Logistics Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – Structured interview with 2 or more managers. 2nd interview with director or higher

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a workplace disagreement and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating - I've heard there is some wiggle room on vacation days

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – First interview asked for team leadership experience and situational questions about how you handled the people around you.

Second interview was similar, just more in depth about teamwork. Then two "tests" followed about time planning/management/scheduling.

Interview Question – The pseudo-tests they had were difficult. Dealt with different length processes and fitting them together to make the most efficient use of the time provided.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Disapproved of the location

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!