Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.3

Business/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

The application process was smooth and easy. I applied through my University career link and was offered an interview within weeks. I did little research of the company and brushed up on my resume the night before - nothing too drastic. The interview itself was 45 minutes long with (2) staff from their Finance Department. The questions were mainly behavioral. The interview is the hardest I've experienced and it was not a good one either. The questions themselves were very wordy and lengthy although in the end what they're asking you is basically the generic behavioral questions. I often had to ask them to repeat the question or rephrase it. The interviewer themselves seemed disengaged and wanted to hurry up with my interview. Throughout my answers, they kept asking follow-up questions that seemed more like instigating rather than clarifying. It made me feel uncomfortable, as if what I told them was not genuine enough. 10 minutes into the interview, I knew that the vibe from the interview was not going well - from both sides. I left knowing I did not impress them but I was alright with that because the feeling was mutual. I still sent a long thank you email promptly telling them I appreciated their time. I did not hear from them at all. Two months later, I contacted via e-mail and still no reply to that. It's disappointing to know how I took the time to apply, prepare, and wait throughout this application process and in return, they couldn't even spend 5 minutes letting me know of their decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how your leadership role at school has helped you in preparation for your career?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process starts with online quizzes. First one is simply trying to access your work ethic and boring stuff. Second one is more of math quizzes and a matching parts game to play.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with issues between you and your coworker and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Shopper Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 different groups. The whole interview session was very laid back. Spoke for the category manager and shopper insight manager. Bring some good examples of your pervious work and be prepared to talk about them. Some behavior questions were also asked during the interview. Over all the interview experiences were very pleasant.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2015.

Interview

After the online application and screening of my resume I was invited to fill up some online questionaries, 3 different type of. Thus I recived an email that communicate me that I've passed this first phase of the interview screening process where they asked me to schedule an appointment for a telephon interview. I recieved a call from London right on the programmed time and we had a classical pre-screening interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of challenges do you think we face?
      Why you can help us facing those challenges?
      Why ABinBev?
      Why the global management trainee program?

Answer Question

Brand Activation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I was asked a few tough questions but he was very laid back about it. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes. They will ask you questions about the company so make sure to do your research.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

The first interview was an hour long case study. 30 min to review the material, 30 min to present and answer questions. Case study tested marketing, sales, and supply chain skills.

Second interview was behavioral. Questions such as what is your favorite non-AB brand? Why is your favorite brand successful? What is your favorite marketing campaign and why? Name a time when you failed?

Third interview was in St. Louis. First half of the day included a brewery tour and Q&A session with current GMTs. Second half was a 2.5 hour business simulation game. All candidates were split into teams of 5 and given a hypothetical company and targets for each month. Team has to work together to reach targets.

Final round interview was in St. Louis. Panel interview with company executives. Mainly looking for how you interact with fellow candidates and presenting yourself to senior management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2015.

Interview

Interview has taken 4 weeks now.Two online sessions answering basic questions and aptitude test.
    Structured interview with HR and Manager.Telephone role play which is a little difficult. Awaiting results on this.

Seasonal Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Interview

A very long process for a rewarding position. Includes a personality test, phone skill test, math test, typing test, and 3-4 interviews depending on the position. Took about 2 months total, try scheduling interviews for the day after the phone call saying you advanced to the next step. Be prepared for interviews with two people at once, including with the Brewmaster and General Managers themselves.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Union-set pay, no negotiation but not a bad hourly rate.

Brewery Development Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

I reached out to them through their website regarding the position. I was contacted by a women named Jennifer in HR 2 weeks later saying that they would like a phone pre-screening that would last 15 minutes. It lasted 45. I then drove to their New Hampshire Brewery where 2 female interviewers conducted a behavioral interview. During the Interview Jennifer came off very strong, asking me why I choose the decisions I made during projects at school. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to ask a group member to leave a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Milan, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

My first interview was only about my personal background, my aims and my experience as a PR and communication employee. The HR manager checked my marketing and consumer behaviour knowledge, as well as my English and German.

Later, I had a skype-interview with the European Marketing Manager, relating to a business case set during the Soccer World Championship. I had to promote and convice some clients that were reluctant about beer as the main sponsor of that event.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a company that is in doubt about use our brand as main sponsor for Soccer World Championship? What tips do you think are the most useful to promote Budweiser in an airport?   Answer Question

Because they asked me to start earlier and I had two exams to sit, before my graduation. Moreover, I lived in an other country different from mine and that of the job.