Anheuser-Busch

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.4

Global Traineeship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2014.

Took over 2 months. Had 3 online tests. First a cultural fit, than behavioural test and finally a logical test.

After the online tests a phone interview with case study.

Interview Questions
    • What is the challenges AbInbev will face in the future?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2013.

I applied through Envision online. Spoke with a staffing recruiter who set up an in person interview with 2 Anheuser Busch managers. Envision helped me prepare well for the interview, but then after interviewing they strung me along for weeks saying they had not heard anything back from the hiring manager despite the interviewer commenting that a decision would be made quickly. It is now 2 months later and no response.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2013.

Met with the company at the career fair at my university, applied online via the career center's website, and also on the AB jobs website. Had an on-campus interview, then was invited on-site for an interview. The on-site interview was a panel with 5 interviewers and 5 other interviewees in the same room, which they did not tell us about before we got there.

Interview Questions
    • When another interviewee responded to a question, they would ask another interviewee how they would react if they were their boss, what they would have done differently, or if they thought they did the best thing in that situation.   Answer Question
    Good with negotiation. Got offered an internship and asked for a co-op instead, they accepted.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2014.

Smooth, typical interview over Skype. They said they would get back to me within the week. I've sent three emails and a thank you note and have only heard silence. Very unprofessional.

Information Technology Security Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2013.

I was given this interview opportunity by the means of a website setup by my university/affiliates. The website is well structured and can be very resourceful (offers resume overview, tips, great detailed searches, interviews you qualify for). Companies can access student's uploaded resumes and request more information through the specific educational department.

I applied for the paid internship as a Junior with plenty of experience (3 years before I re-enrolled, and 2 years before then) as well as it being a passion of mine.

Interview scheduled on campus, and was interviewed by 3 managers per-say. One was the Network Administrator, a PR Hiring guy, and my specific project manager if hired. Switched roles between good cop/bad cop by critiquing my claimed knowledge/experience by means of asking specific detailed questions. Efficient interviewing on their part, but I could see how it could rattle others. I loved it however I was noticeably sick and apologized for that while keeping a professional demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very specific programming questions regarding libraries I would use in situation X on Y hardware, etc etc.   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

HR took months to get back to me on interviews and scheduling. Interviews were disjointed and disorganized. At certain levels, you will have to meet with senior management (VP level) in order to qualify due to banding. Because of the additional level of interviews, it might take months to get a final offer - if at all.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were standard "tell me of a difficult situation" or "tell me about this" type questions. Nothing fancy.   Answer Question
    Always ask for a higher salary because you might not receive a raise for several years.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2014.

I met them at our Career Fair and attended one of their info sessions. I applied online and they invited me in for an initial case interview. The case itself was almost impossible to nail. You work for a hypothetical company that currently produces 4 beers. They provide how much beer is produced each season and how much revenue each beer brings in. Then they give you another list of 8 beers with the same data, and ask you to choose two beers to implement into the current beer portfolio. They also tell you which beers appeal to which target audiences, and tell you what their competitors are doing. They also tell you to come up with a marketing strategy for your new beers. They ask you to do this in 30 minutes, and then give a 10 minute presentation of your plan.

This is pretty much impossible, but the idea is to focus on the key issues and make up the rest as you go. I was only able to get to a few of the important points in my presentation, but they invited me back anyway. They don't expect you to solve everything, they just want to see your thought process.

The second round interview the next day was a very laid-back behavioral interview. I thought it went well, but for some reason was not invited to St. Louis for the third round.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Anheuser-Busch should do to improve our brand?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2014.

I was very surprised by how unprofessional the HR process was at AB. I was notified by email that I'd been selected to interview and asked to select my availability from a list of dates. Despite repeatedly following up by email and phone, I didn't hear anything back about scheduling well past the last date listed as an option. For a while, I truly suspected the interview request wasn't real. After giving up, I finally got a reply, giving me a single scheduling option two days later.

Once I finally made it to the actual interview, it was more like what I would expect from a company of this size and caliber. The questions were very tough and it did seem like their efforts to convey just how much and how hard I'd be working were a little over the top, but nothing too extreme.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your short term goals were incompatible with your long term goals and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Go through Envision staffing services for initial phone interview, after that interview prepare to be barraged by behavioral/situational interview questions by a 3-4 person panel, and pretty much only those type of questions. Master the STAR technique: Situation Task Action & Response.

Interview Questions
    • paraphrased - Tell me about a time where you were faced with a hard situation in the work place. What actions did you take to resolve the situation and what was the result of those actions?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2014.

Step 1: Apply Online

Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test.
    Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario.

Step 3: Phone Screen Interview
    Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate.

Step 4: TAP
    Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun.

Step 5: Final Interview
    Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them.

Step 6: Loss for words
    I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days.

Step 7: Emotionally Drained
    Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again.

Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2
    Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job.

Step 9: Offer
    Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in.

Overall Feelings:
    Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiated because it was fair.