Anheuser-Busch

Getting the Interview

112 candidate interviews

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – It was a very long process. A couple of online tests, a in person interview, an onsite interview--where you take a very odd/long TAP-role play assessment, then finally a final interview via phone.

Interview Question – Lots of specific scenario questions   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Global Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – First round was an individual case interview. You had 30 minutes to prepare followed by 7 minutes to present to two AB employees. The next round was a behavioral interview. Following that there was a business game simulation at AB headquarters. The final round was a group panel interview with executives.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty straight forward. You need to know why AB and why you fit there.   Answer Question

Senior Controller Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiting agency, AC

Interview Question – Being surprised of information I already detailed on my CV beforehand.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview Details – Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Interview Question – The role play/TAP assessment   Answer Question

Electrical Maintenance Technician Interview

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is one that's fairly typical for the large corporations. The first step is go to go in to take a computer based exam. The questions aren't very difficult, but there is a ton of them and you only have a certain amount of time to answer them. My approach was to just make sure that the questions I answered were correct and not to get too rushed or freak out. I wasn't able to answer all of the questions in the allotted time and I have been called back for the next step in the process so my strategy apparently worked. I also had the part where they ask a bunch of canned questions, like were you ever in a situation where you were frustrated with you supervisor, what was the situation and how did you handle it. They won't let you get away with generalizations. You have to describe a specific incident and tell them how you handled it. So, be prepared to have specifics like that. Once again, I was prepared with specifics and I'm going to yet the next step in the process.

Interview Question – I haven't completed the process yet so I'm going to fill this in once I've either been hired or rejected.   View Answer

Weekender Interview

Fairfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2013.

Interview Details – I have a friend who works there and he told me to apply for the Weekender Manager position. I had a little managerial experience but nothing in the distribution field, which is probably why I wasn't offered the job.

Interview process was pretty intense, and time consuming. Even though I wasn't offered the job it was a good experience in dealing with a long, multiple level interview. Here is an outline of the interview process:

1) 30-45 minute phone interview, asking all the normal questions, and going over your resume and qualifications.

2) If you pass the phone interview you have to go in to the plant to do a Math test, and then a test depending on the job you are applying for. The math test was about 15 questions and was simple percentage and scheduling type stuff; this part was timed (I think it was 20 minutes to do 15 questions). The other test I took was much longer, not timed, and asked situational questions. The majority of the questions would lay out a situation and ask you to select two answers 1) what you would MOST likely do in the situation, and 2) what would you LEAST likely do in the given situation. I felt like that test was two fold, partly seeing how you would manage a difficult situation, and partly a psych evaluation.

3) If you pass the basic skills test, they then invite you to the plant to do a structured interview. When I say structured I mean insanely structured; the interviewers each had packets and would literally rate you on a number scale as to how well you responded to their questions (very impersonal). I had two people interviewing me, one was the HR guy who I was in contact with through the entire process, and one was a senior manager at the plant. The questions were very generic and really let you pick how you wanted to answer them, overall no really surprising questions. At the end they ask you about 10 questions asking you to rank your own proficiency in certain skill areas, which is annoying because you don't want to come across as over-confident, but also want to let them know your strengths. During the interview the manager got called on his walkie talkie and had to leave temporarily, which was kind of strange but understandable, the plant is running all the time and I guess there was an issue.

4) After my interview I didn't get asked to continue to the next part, they said they had other candidates with years of managerial experience so I wasn't too surprised. I guess the next part in the process is another managerial assessment, where they give you mock situations and you have to plan a response. Apparently its pretty in depth and takes about 2 to 3 hours.

Not entirely sure about the next step in the process, but I think if you pass the mock situation part, they have one final interview where they offer you the job.

Interview Question – When they asked me to rank my proficiency in electrical circuits I responded "very proficient". I guess one of the interviewers was skeptical that I was proficient and asked me "Ok, whats Ohm's Law?" Never thought I'd get that question applying for a managers position, but luckily I knew it.   View Answer

Global Management Training Program Interview

Global Management Training Program

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through university recruiting. Had to answer questions and do two personality type tests. if you get through that stage you have a group interview, a one on one interview, a business simulation in STL, and an executive panel interview in STL

Interview Question – Why ABinBev   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiters at this company sent very mixed signals. They were not very friendly and were very socially awkward. As I had the last interview of the day, I felt my interview was rushed and the recruiter just wanted to leave and be done with work for the day. As well, he/she answered the phone during my interview which I felt was rude. I believe it was a blessing in disguise I did not receive an offer from this company because they seem to have no work life balance and most employees seem to hate it since the InBev takeover.

Interview Question – When is a time when you had to use market knowledge to make a business decision?   View Answer

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2011.

Interview Details – I'll admit: working in HR at the Corporate level of AB INBEV is not for the faint of heart. I passed the pre-screen interview at my campus which contained the standard behavioral interview questions. I did decently and then was asked to fly out to St. Louis for the final round. I was interviewed in a room with five other applicants by five or six employees (this was a TRUE group/panel interview). They shotgun questions at you at random trying to catch you off guard while also posing some questions to the group of applicants to answer as they wish. It's pretty tough especially when other applicants can comment on your answers. I don't have the type of personality they are looking for and was not offered a position.

Interview Question – Do you believe that target setting is the best way to engage employees?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Merrimack, NH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2011.

Interview Details – There were many steps in the interview process. First, I had to submit an application on their website. Next, there was a 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. After that, they scheduled a more in-depth phone interview. Next, I spent a day on-site completing a series of 2-person behavioral interviews, a mathematical/problem-solving skills test, a multiple-choice personality test, and then a 3-part roleplay over the phone. From my understanding, the events that I completed in the all-day visit sometimes occur over a series of on-site visits.

The first phone interview was pretty basic and the HR representative asked about my work/education experience. The second phone interview was behavioral and also involved questions about my past experience. The behavioral interviews were fairly typical and questions were mostly structured in the "Tell me a time..." format. Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of your interviews! The interviewers seemed friendly, proud of their work, and somewhat laidback. At the same time, it did seem like the people had issues finding a work/life balance.

The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. The role play was my least favorite part of the interview process and I felt it was somewhat awkward and forced.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to defend a decision you made.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anheuser-Busch