Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.4

Group Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Electrical Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2014.

The interview process is one that's fairly typical for the large corporations. The first step is go to go in to take a computer based exam. The questions aren't very difficult, but there is a ton of them and you only have a certain amount of time to answer them. My approach was to just make sure that the questions I answered were correct and not to get too rushed or freak out. I wasn't able to answer all of the questions in the allotted time and I have been called back for the next step in the process so my strategy apparently worked. I also had the part where they ask a bunch of canned questions, like were you ever in a situation where you were frustrated with you supervisor, what was the situation and how did you handle it. They won't let you get away with generalizations. You have to describe a specific incident and tell them how you handled it. So, be prepared to have specifics like that. Once again, I was prepared with specifics and I'm going to yet the next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I haven't completed the process yet so I'm going to fill this in once I've either been hired or rejected.   View Answer

Global Management Training Program Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2011.

Applied online through university recruiting. Had to answer questions and do two personality type tests. if you get through that stage you have a group interview, a one on one interview, a business simulation in STL, and an executive panel interview in STL

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2010.

The recruiters at this company sent very mixed signals. They were not very friendly and were very socially awkward. As I had the last interview of the day, I felt my interview was rushed and the recruiter just wanted to leave and be done with work for the day. As well, he/she answered the phone during my interview which I felt was rude. I believe it was a blessing in disguise I did not receive an offer from this company because they seem to have no work life balance and most employees seem to hate it since the InBev takeover.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time when you had to use market knowledge to make a business decision?   View Answer

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2011.

I'll admit: working in HR at the Corporate level of AB INBEV is not for the faint of heart. I passed the pre-screen interview at my campus which contained the standard behavioral interview questions. I did decently and then was asked to fly out to St. Louis for the final round. I was interviewed in a room with five other applicants by five or six employees (this was a TRUE group/panel interview). They shotgun questions at you at random trying to catch you off guard while also posing some questions to the group of applicants to answer as they wish. It's pretty tough especially when other applicants can comment on your answers. I don't have the type of personality they are looking for and was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe that target setting is the best way to engage employees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2011.

There were many steps in the interview process. First, I had to submit an application on their website. Next, there was a 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. After that, they scheduled a more in-depth phone interview. Next, I spent a day on-site completing a series of 2-person behavioral interviews, a mathematical/problem-solving skills test, a multiple-choice personality test, and then a 3-part roleplay over the phone. From my understanding, the events that I completed in the all-day visit sometimes occur over a series of on-site visits.

The first phone interview was pretty basic and the HR representative asked about my work/education experience. The second phone interview was behavioral and also involved questions about my past experience. The behavioral interviews were fairly typical and questions were mostly structured in the "Tell me a time..." format. Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of your interviews! The interviewers seemed friendly, proud of their work, and somewhat laidback. At the same time, it did seem like the people had issues finding a work/life balance.

For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. The role play was my least favorite part of the interview process and I felt it was somewhat awkward and forced.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to defend a decision you made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwinsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwinsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

I applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later to have an group/panel interview and complete a management/skills test and a math test the next week. After two weeks i was contacted to have another Panel interview and complete a over the phone management test.

The first panel interview was with lower level management and area managers. It was a very standard interview that included ~8-10 "tell me about a time" questions and the give me your history questions. Very basic, easy and strait forward. The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

The Second interview was with plant upper management was a very "get to know you" type informal interview with a few "tell me about a time" questions. For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments.

Overall a great process for really knowing the applicant involving testing, interviewing and management conflict resolution. The phone interview was very awkward (especially trying to do conflict resolution over a phone meeting) at times and it was very obvious what the point was, and once complete it was obvious what you did right and did wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you took additional responsibilities without being asked.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you had to complete a difficult task that you didn't know how to approach.   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in April 2011.

I enjoyed the overall interview. It consisted of one hour being interviewed by two people. The questions were mostly "tell me a time when..." type questions. The second part of the interview I thought was rougher. It involved role playing. I was sitting in a conference room with a telephone. I was given twenty pages of information to formulate a position from. I was given 35 minutes to digest the information. Then I was called by a fictitious co-worker. My role was to pursuade the co-worker to be more of a team player. That wasn't so bad. But the second caller was my fictitious supervisor. This would not have gone so bad but it was unclear to me if I needed to own up to a production malfunction or if I was to explain why it occurred to someone else on my shift. Because of I was more ill prepared for the second caller than the first I felt I did a poor job. I believe the second telephone interview lowered my rating substantially lower than it had been up to that point.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time when you had to face two challanges simultaneously and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Be warned that the interview process is very lengthy and somewhat repetitive.
    You will meet or speak with multiple levels of management to ensure that the company and position is a good fit for both parties.
    My personal interview process consisted of a phone screening, on site management skill/role play assessment, panel interview, additional phone interview.
    The management assessment and math skills test are both quick and easy.
    The role is slightly more challenging and will be difficult for someone with weak interpersonal skills. They do make it pretty obvious when you do something wrong during the role play.
    All face to face interviews are pretty standard and consist of "tell me a time when..." style questions.
    They will only progress you through these steps if you are a contender for the position so stay positive and make sure to FOLLOW UP all interviews with thank you emails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult problem that you didnt know start solving.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you saw someone being treated unfairly, how did you respond?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation. Most people they are hiring are college grads and giving the high level of competition they really don't need to negotiate.

Brewing Help Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in June 2011.

4 interviews, 2 tests, lots of time.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you were doing something and had to switch tasks to another.   Answer Question