Anheuser-Busch

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.4

Weekender Interview

Came in to facility to take basic reading, math and mechanical aptitude test

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement in the workplace and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Online test assessment, interview, phone interview excercise, and group manager interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a difficult co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Skills Test, interview and role play

Logistics Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Structured interview with 2 or more managers. 2nd interview with director or higher

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a workplace disagreement and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    No negotiating - I've heard there is some wiggle room on vacation days

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2013.

Wasted a lot of time with these guys. About 10 hours total and 3 weeks in waiting. Spent about 1 hour on the phone for initial phone screening, another 1 hour on the phone talking with the hiring manager, and a full 8 hour day for the in person interviews / testing. Everything seemed to be going great and the hiring manager said he would be in contact with me within a few days and would let me know either way if I got the job or not.

I was honest with the hiring manager on the phone before I came in for the interview and told him that I had another job offer on the table (I found this out just a day or two before AB contacted me about the Automation Engineer position). He really appreciated the honesty and told me to wait to accept the position because I would be a great fit at AB and I would like working for AB better. I told him I would come in for the interview but I would really appreciate a quick response if I got the job or not. He agreed.

About a week went by after the interview with no calls or emails from the manager. I tried to call a couple of times and left voicemails, no response. 10 days passed and I sent emails, called, left voicemails and recieved no response. I had a maximum of 3 weeks after the interview to accept the other offer on the table. 20 days after the interview I tried calling and emailed once again with no response from the manager. Finally I emailed somebody in the HR department about the situation. A couple hours later I received an automated rejection email from the same HR person's email account saying that I was not selected for the position.

I invested 10 hours of my time with this company and they couldn't spare 5 minutes to make a phone call and tell me I was not selected or 30 seconds to send me an automated email. Absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable, especially when the manager and I got along so well.

I couldn't be happier with the other job that was on the table (Electrical Engineer at Boeing) and I'm SUPER happy I ended up not working at AB. But it just irritates me that AB acted so unprofessionally and will likely do this to others. In retrospect there were tell-tale signs about what type of company AB is, which is focused so much on profit that they are blinded by the fact that PEOPLE are the key to profitability.

Here are a few things that I observed: (1)Primarily younger people in the engineering group (I am only 30 myself). Severe lack of older generations which tell me that this isn't somewhere to be for the long term. Job required unpaid overtime, travel, on-call duty, and eventually move to other cities for years at a time like military tours. The group seemed overworked and underpaid. I have heard AB takes advantage of younger workers. (2) There was a tornado that touched down on my street the night before the interview which caused me to be 5 minutes late to the interview. At exactly the time the interview was scheduled for, the manager called my phone and left me a somewhat nasty voice mail about not showing up to the interview. I didn't notice this until after the interview because I left the phone in the car. I explained what happened with the tornado and they really didn't seem too sympathetic. Definitely NOT a company focused on employee work-life balance. (3) Got a nice speech from the hiring managers boss that basically said absolutely everything AB does is to pinch pennies for profit, that's the just of it. Only concerned with the bottom line.

Advice: If you are an engineer find a better company to work for. Find a company that has older engineers that you can learn from, not somewhere that the oldest engineer in the group is younger than 40. There isn't much to learn from somebody who isn't much older than you (or younger). Look for a company that has good tuition reimbursement programs for continuing education. These are the companies that truly value their people. Find a company that has a good work/life balance. You will be happier and more productive at work.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Sit in a room by yourself with a scenario that you have to read and prepare for somebody to call you and "role play" about the scenario you just read. These last about 4 hours, maybe 3 scenarios. Very weird.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2013.

The first interview was a phone interview with an HR recruiter. She asked me specific questions about my experience and had me go through my résumé in detail. She was very kind and seemed engaged. After a week or so I followed up and she said they were still deliberating. After another week she let me know they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just be prepared to explain your experience and resume in detail.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

I spoke with the hiring staff at the career fair, and I impressed the initial contact enough that I received an email with information on how to sign up for an interview the following week.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us a time when you had to balance multiple items at the same time."   View Answer

Industrial Skills Test/Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2013.

This review is regarding the Industrial Skills Test only.

Interview Questions
    • Anheuser Busch-Industrial Skills Test:

There are 4 sections to the IST. Sections 1 & 2 have 25 questions and you are given 35 minutes to complete. Section 3, is 80 questions and you are given 5 minutes to complete as many questions as you can, as quickly and accurately as you can. The last section is 25 questions and you are given about 20-35 minutes to complete. You will be given pencils, a bubble answer sheet, scratch paper and a calculator.

The first section tests your reading comprehension. You will see one page that has writing, such as a memo or rules, etc. and the opposite page will have anywhere from 4-5 questions regarding information contained in the body of the memo, etc. There is a total of 25 questions, and you are provided 35 minutes to complete.

Section 2 is about math reasoning. You will see lots of charts and have questions such as: If “x percent” of “Blank dept” show up for a meeting in February, how many employees does “Bland dept” have? (NOTE: this is just an example and NOT an actual test question). You have 35 minutes to complete this section.

The third section is about matching information accurately and quickly. So you will be provided with 2 types of matching. One is through pictures. For example, you will see a picture of a “Master part” and the following list of parts will either match the “Master part” or will be different. So pay attention as some parts will be rotated or flipped upside down, etc. but may actually be the same as the “Master part”. The other type of matching will be regarding sequence of numbers, or numbers and letters. Example: Part number: 13Y-4131. If you see this exact number in the list of part numbers provided, you mark it as the same, but if it differs (13u-4131, 13Y-41-31, for example) then you will mark it as different. Again, there are 80 of these types of matching questions and you ONLY have 5 minutes. So please, pay attention. They want to see a good number of questions completed, but more importantly they want quality. So if you can only complete 10 questions, that is okay, but they better be correct. If you can do 30, 40 or 50, even better, but again, they better be accurate.

The last section is has situational type pictures and questions. It will show you things like gears, and it will ask you: (example: If gear X turns to the left, then which way will gear G turn?). You will have between 20-35 minutes to complete this section.

Over all, the test was fairly easy. I am only writing about this because I myself could not find any real helpful or insightful information regarding this test before I attended my actual test. But like I said, it really is not so bad. For the math section, you will be provided with scratch paper and a calculator. No other items or instruments will be allowed, however if you have any special needs requests due to disabilities, you will have an option to ask for anything else you may require to complete the test.

So far I am still in the pre-screening selection process. I first applied to a position (obviously, lol), then I was emailed with a questionnaire (questions geared towards how you would react to certain situations; ex: if Amy is not doing her job, what would you do? Tell a supervisor, yell at Amy, do nothing, etc.). Now I have completed this test today, Friday. We were told that they will grade the tests, and email those grades to us by the middle of next week. If you pass, you will be emailed with dates and times to attend an interview. Supposedly if you pass that interview, there will be a phone screening and then another, and perhaps final interview with Sr. Management. I hope this information helps those out there who are about to take this test for Anheuser Busch.

Answer Question

Brewing Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2013.

I sent my resume and a cover letter to HR through an employee friend. I was contacted by HR withing a few days. The first phone call was also a screening which lasted about 45 min primarily asking me about my experiences based off of my resume and why I am interested in the position. At the end of the phone call I was invited to go for an interview at the brewery after about 10 days. I went and interviewed with two people, one from HR and a Senior Group Manager. I didn't get any further. They were very professional though about giving me feedback from the interview and why I got cut off.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a plant setting?
      Tell us of a time when you had a positive impact on someone?
      Tell us of a time when you took a risk?

Answer Question

Relief Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2013.

Process began with a phone interview with a member of their HR team. Basic questions were asked; why the job appeals to you, goals, whether you're available to move, etc. The next interview consisted of four Budweiser personnel asking Behavior questions. There were six questions they asked each applicant.

Interview Questions
    • How have you used technology to overcome an issue/problem in your field? Others were, have you ever had to bargain with a customer over the cost of a product? Have you ever had an instance in which a client was not happy with your work, and how did you respond?   Answer Question