Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.3

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2011.

Initial 1 on 1 interview--Easy behavioral and situational questions

Got called back for final panel interview--sat down in room with other interviewees and VP's of AB and was asked rapid fire behavioral questions regarding leadership, work experience, and academic success

Interview Questions
    • If not this position, what other position would you pursue?   Answer Question
    • Why I did not return to previous internship company (Enteprise)   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2012.

1st round was an HR round - was not much because already worked a project at Anheuser Busch through Accenture Ltd.

2nd round - Had a conference call with 2 people (senior management)

Was asked strengths, weaknesses, future goals, skills, ERP systems which I was familiar with, discussed previous experience, salary expectations - regular stuff.

3rd round - was called onsite but since I moved out of St Louis, they set up a video conference call.
    Real life scenarios for the following questions

Scenario where you had divergent views with in a team meeting and what did you do to get your idea implemented.

Scenario where you had made a mistake and realized later. How did you correct it?

Scenario where you had taken a proactive role in leadership or something you came up with which helped the team succeed in the project

Scenario where you had misunderstanding with team mates and how did you get along and convince them

Scenario where you had some unexpected work come to you. How did you respond and did you perform.

Scenario where you had a team member underperforming. What did you do to motivate and help him perform?

Scenario where you came with an innovative idea and what were the benefits in terms of revenue or team performance.

Environ Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2011.

I was notified via email that I had been chosen for a face-to-face interview. I was given the dates that were open, and I was to email the hr rep with my chosen time and date. I called and left a message to reiterate what was in the email, just in case something happened. I then received an email with the confirmation date, time, and who I was going to be meeting.

The day of the interview, I had to check in with security. I had to wait a while because the security guard suddenly had a number of visitors to check in. Once he was free, he came over to where I was waiting and told me he had notified the interviewers 12 minutes ago. He wrote the time on a post it note and handed it to me. At least I knew I wasn't forgotten and the interviewer knew I was there on time (early).

Once in, the hr rep met me and we exchanged pleasantries on the way to the room. I could tell she was a pro because she gave me some background about AB on the way up and information about the next step in the process on the way back down to the lobby. Once we came to the correct floor, she couldn't find a room that was open. She became flustered and called the other person I was supposed to meet. I then found out this person was in another state and coming back that evening. He would be joining us over the phone.

While talking to the other person, we walked up and down the hall checking rooms. She then told the other person that this was ridiculous, and we were going to go up to the hr floor. Once there, the hr rep shows me to a small room with about 8 chairs. She said she had to go check to make sure the room was free. I waited for about 5-10 minutes and then had to move to another room; this room was larger, with space for about 20 people.

When we finally started, I ended up speaking to the person who would have been my boss, on the speaker phone, and the hr rep was sitting next to me. It felt like and odd situation because I didn't know if I should speak up for the sake of the person on the phone, or if I should talk in a normal voice for the hr rep in front of me.

Before any questions were asked, the hr rep gave me a quick run-thru of what to expect during this interview and how they judge the interviewees. Each interviewee is given a number on their sheet, and they are judged anonymously by comparison. The other person gave me a quick run-thru of what the job would entail. I had been coached a bit by people that knew the process, so this wasn't new and I was prepped. They didn't ask many specific questions pertaining to the job; most were your basic general interview questions such as "Tell me a time when..." The questions pretty much fell in line with what was posted in the job description. I am guessing the other person had the same papers as the hr rep, so one would ask a question that was already printed on a paper, and they would take notes under the question. There was one question per page, and the hr rep said, "Don't feel like you have to fill the whole time. If there are any quiet times, we are just taking notes." They each switched back and forth asking the questions, and there were about 8-10.

The process took about 2 hours, counting my wait time, moving from office to office, calling the other person, and the actual interviewing. When I left, I asked how many they were bringing in. I was told about 7 or 8. The next step was interviewing with the other person and his boss, then an offer would be extended. I am not for sure, but judging by what the job would have entailed, I think I might have been the only one that wasn't able to meet the other person (direct boss) face-to-face. This was the only part of the interview I was really irritated by. Other than that part (and the office space flub), I felt the whole process was professional and what an interview should be. Even though I didn't get an offer, the feedback I received told me that there were simply just other people more qualified.

My advice to anyone going to interview would be to BE SPECIFIC IN YOUR ANSWERS. If they ask for a time in which you effectively managed a project, talk about that one project and give details. Don't talk about 20 other projects you did that were the same. That was a major component in the coaching. Also, if you are serious about the position and see it posted online, save it. Once they close the position and start the interviews, you are going to have a hard time finding the posting. The posting is also the key to prepping for the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to lead a group of people on a project.   Answer Question

Supply Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2012.

Applied online before being asked to do a series of online tests (logical and numerical reasoning). Afterwards was invited for a phone interview which was all competency based questions. After passing that I was invited to an AC in Brussels which i was unsuccessful at.

Utility Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in July 2012.

I recently interviewed for the Utility Operator position. The interview process was long and took half the day. If I would have made it further it would have lasted till late in the Afternoon. To start off I arrived at the facility a little before 800 AM. They have pretty tight security. They requested ID and gave me a temporary badge while I awaited for the Human Resources Person to escort me to the office. The whole building was very nice and highly professional. The first part of the interview process was an industrial skills test which consisted of reading comprehension, a section to see how quickly you can locate part numbers that are not the same, a math/table reading section (very easy math) and a mechanic section ex. what way will this gear turn if this one is turning this way. The second part of the interview was more or less a test to see how you would handle certain situations on the phone. They put you in a room with two packets of data. The first packet has a scenerio from a tea making factory where you are a labeler in charge of training, and letting the rest of the line know when there is a change. You have a new person working for you and they are not a team player (the person you will be receiving a phone call from). They call at a designated time and you must explain to them why teamwork is important. He will keep saying i don't understand I make my quota. So you must explain it to them in a decent manner like well it would be nice for you to contribute to the team and show them and help them. The second call is from you boss and you have to explain why you messed something up. It is fairly easy but you must role play rather well. The last part i made it to was a technical interview with two different people. They ask you about different types of systems ie. Steam, Refrigeration, CO2, Heat exchangers, Boilers, Pumps, Valves and waste management. A tip for everyone know you CO2 systems because I knew a lot about everything else but did not get the job because i had no knowledge of CO2 compression systems and was weak on refrigeration. I thought I did rather well but was told i didnt know enough about that and was asked to leave and would not be offered the job. Of course i was mad about the situation a little but their work schedule and upward mobility was not fitting in with my preference. They do rotating shift work and as a new person you would be filling vacation slots for more senior people. There system is all about seniority so even if you accell quickly you will not be promoted because it is Union. The started at 29.75/hour but if you are like me you like to be home sometimes. The schedule was 7 days on 1 day off (2nd shift) 7 days on 2 days off (3rd shift) 7days on 4 days off. I was very impressed by everyone working in the office area but not with the 2 people in the technical interview because i believe they worked there a long time and were rather arrogant. I hope this helps anyone that wants a job with them and make sure you go in there ready because if you don't you can not re-apply for another year.

Global Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2011.

4 step interview:
    1. group interview, 30 minutes to plan/work followed by a 10 minute presentation to the interviewers. Nervwrecking, but don't sell yourself short. They're not looking for the "correct" answer. They want to see how you work in groups. Be yourself.
    2. 2 on 1 interview. Standard interview, basic questions.
    3. business simulation. Lots of fun. Again, more about how you work than your teams results. My team came in last and I still got an offer later on. Meet as many people as you walk in and exit.
    4. 6 on 6 informal interview. The president of North American operations and a few of the VP's on one side and 6 interviewees on the other side. No formal structure. They can ask you anything. This is a gauge of how well you fit the company culture. Check out the 10 principles on the company website and be prepared with stories from your past that exemplify them. Understand meritocracy. Be yourself and relax.

There is no real technical aspect to the interview. It's about being well rounded, motivated, and engaged.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest complaint with my previous co-op?   View Answer
    They made the best offer of all my others, so I took it. The base salary is good, but hwat really makes it great is the free housing, training stipend, rental car, and travel opportunities. This program is designed to give you lots of exposure to upper management. If you excel, you will move up very quickly. You're marked from the beginning as a star performer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Apply online and submit resume, you are advised only if you are getting an interview, interview is with hiring manager and 2 or 3 other people, no HR representative, HR will contact you if you are getting hired. It is obvious that interviewers are not experienced at giving interviews. They write notes through the entire interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you took on an additional assignment even though you have a busy schedule   Answer Question
    • Describe a time it was difficult to maintain a cooperative friendly attitude with a fellow employee   Answer Question

Hourly Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Initial testing. No contact until company ready to do something, then immediate response is necessary. Full background and drug screening for all positions. Interviews are usually initial, sr. mgnt, then plant mgr. Most questions based on personality traits. Only contact will be if they want you to move on. No haggling, contract includes everything that has been negotiated by the union.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example how you have dealt with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question
    Union contract - no negotiations

Group Manager Interview

interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2012.

The process was extremely grueling, but it is refreshing to see a company that is so concerned about hiring the right person. First came a notification by the HR rep about wanting a phone screen. This was mostly background questions (education, social affiliations etc). I was notified about a week later of another phone screen with their operations manager. This was very similar to the first with more discussion of job history and experiences. After that came a third phone screen with the plant and production managers which was more structured and included a handful of 'tell me a time' type of questions.

A couple weeks later I was invited on site and had a 2 on 1 interview with the HR/plant manager. After that I took a math test and a personality test. The math was high school level arithmetic and dealt primarily with extracting important information from graphs/charts. The personality test was 100 situational questions.

After passing those, the following day I took a test called the TAP (no clue what it stands for and the people there don't know either). It was 3.5 hours of pure torture. Reading 3 different packets and then having 3 separate 15 minute phone conversations with people pretending to be your boss (scenario 1 where you develope a daily production schedule) and employees on your crew (scenario's 2 and 3 where you have to encourage teamwork with a disgruntled mechanic and go over a series of memo's with 2 employees in a conference call skit). Very awkward but I was notified on my way home that I had passed.

A couple of days later I had 2 last phone screens. The first was with corporate people and the second was actually with the CEO of the MCC. The last interview was the most intense. He was very, very proficient at interviewing in comparison to the others and really challenged me to state my best case for why I should have the job.

An hour or so after that a contingent offer was made upon passing a background and drug screen. I accepted the job and am still in the contingency phase until passing these last tests. Overall a very good experience!

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?"   Answer Question

Global Management Training Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2012.

Applied online, a week later was asked to take a logic test which wasn't very demanding, was invited to a on campus information session, and was invited to a on campus case interview. The case was a hard one, I had 30 mins with the case information which consisted of about 13 pages. Then afterwards I had a 10 mins presentation to AB recruiting people.