Anheuser-Busch

3.3

Utility Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in July 2012.

I recently interviewed for the Utility Operator position. The interview process was long and took half the day. If I would have made it further it would have lasted till late in the Afternoon. To start off I arrived at the facility a little before 800 AM. They have pretty tight security. They requested ID and gave me a temporary badge while I awaited for the Human Resources Person to escort me to the office. The whole building was very nice and highly professional. The first part of the interview process was an industrial skills test which consisted of reading comprehension, a section to see how quickly you can locate part numbers that are not the same, a math/table reading section (very easy math) and a mechanic section ex. what way will this gear turn if this one is turning this way. The second part of the interview was more or less a test to see how you would handle certain situations on the phone. They put you in a room with two packets of data. The first packet has a scenerio from a tea making factory where you are a labeler in charge of training, and letting the rest of the line know when there is a change. You have a new person working for you and they are not a team player (the person you will be receiving a phone call from). They call at a designated time and you must explain to them why teamwork is important. He will keep saying i don't understand I make my quota. So you must explain it to them in a decent manner like well it would be nice for you to contribute to the team and show them and help them. The second call is from you boss and you have to explain why you messed something up. It is fairly easy but you must role play rather well. The last part i made it to was a technical interview with two different people. They ask you about different types of systems ie. Steam, Refrigeration, CO2, Heat exchangers, Boilers, Pumps, Valves and waste management. A tip for everyone know you CO2 systems because I knew a lot about everything else but did not get the job because i had no knowledge of CO2 compression systems and was weak on refrigeration. I thought I did rather well but was told i didnt know enough about that and was asked to leave and would not be offered the job. Of course i was mad about the situation a little but their work schedule and upward mobility was not fitting in with my preference. They do rotating shift work and as a new person you would be filling vacation slots for more senior people. There system is all about seniority so even if you accell quickly you will not be promoted because it is Union. The started at 29.75/hour but if you are like me you like to be home sometimes. The schedule was 7 days on 1 day off (2nd shift) 7 days on 2 days off (3rd shift) 7days on 4 days off. I was very impressed by everyone working in the office area but not with the 2 people in the technical interview because i believe they worked there a long time and were rather arrogant. I hope this helps anyone that wants a job with them and make sure you go in there ready because if you don't you can not re-apply for another year.

Global Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2011.

4 step interview:
    1. group interview, 30 minutes to plan/work followed by a 10 minute presentation to the interviewers. Nervwrecking, but don't sell yourself short. They're not looking for the "correct" answer. They want to see how you work in groups. Be yourself.
    2. 2 on 1 interview. Standard interview, basic questions.
    3. business simulation. Lots of fun. Again, more about how you work than your teams results. My team came in last and I still got an offer later on. Meet as many people as you walk in and exit.
    4. 6 on 6 informal interview. The president of North American operations and a few of the VP's on one side and 6 interviewees on the other side. No formal structure. They can ask you anything. This is a gauge of how well you fit the company culture. Check out the 10 principles on the company website and be prepared with stories from your past that exemplify them. Understand meritocracy. Be yourself and relax.

There is no real technical aspect to the interview. It's about being well rounded, motivated, and engaged.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest complaint with my previous co-op?   View Answer
    They made the best offer of all my others, so I took it. The base salary is good, but hwat really makes it great is the free housing, training stipend, rental car, and travel opportunities. This program is designed to give you lots of exposure to upper management. If you excel, you will move up very quickly. You're marked from the beginning as a star performer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Apply online and submit resume, you are advised only if you are getting an interview, interview is with hiring manager and 2 or 3 other people, no HR representative, HR will contact you if you are getting hired. It is obvious that interviewers are not experienced at giving interviews. They write notes through the entire interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you took on an additional assignment even though you have a busy schedule   Answer Question
    • Describe a time it was difficult to maintain a cooperative friendly attitude with a fellow employee   Answer Question

Hourly Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Initial testing. No contact until company ready to do something, then immediate response is necessary. Full background and drug screening for all positions. Interviews are usually initial, sr. mgnt, then plant mgr. Most questions based on personality traits. Only contact will be if they want you to move on. No haggling, contract includes everything that has been negotiated by the union.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example how you have dealt with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question
    Union contract - no negotiations

Group Manager Interview

interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2012.

The process was extremely grueling, but it is refreshing to see a company that is so concerned about hiring the right person. First came a notification by the HR rep about wanting a phone screen. This was mostly background questions (education, social affiliations etc). I was notified about a week later of another phone screen with their operations manager. This was very similar to the first with more discussion of job history and experiences. After that came a third phone screen with the plant and production managers which was more structured and included a handful of 'tell me a time' type of questions.

A couple weeks later I was invited on site and had a 2 on 1 interview with the HR/plant manager. After that I took a math test and a personality test. The math was high school level arithmetic and dealt primarily with extracting important information from graphs/charts. The personality test was 100 situational questions.

After passing those, the following day I took a test called the TAP (no clue what it stands for and the people there don't know either). It was 3.5 hours of pure torture. Reading 3 different packets and then having 3 separate 15 minute phone conversations with people pretending to be your boss (scenario 1 where you develope a daily production schedule) and employees on your crew (scenario's 2 and 3 where you have to encourage teamwork with a disgruntled mechanic and go over a series of memo's with 2 employees in a conference call skit). Very awkward but I was notified on my way home that I had passed.

A couple of days later I had 2 last phone screens. The first was with corporate people and the second was actually with the CEO of the MCC. The last interview was the most intense. He was very, very proficient at interviewing in comparison to the others and really challenged me to state my best case for why I should have the job.

An hour or so after that a contingent offer was made upon passing a background and drug screen. I accepted the job and am still in the contingency phase until passing these last tests. Overall a very good experience!

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?"   Answer Question

Global Management Training Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2012.

Applied online, a week later was asked to take a logic test which wasn't very demanding, was invited to a on campus information session, and was invited to a on campus case interview. The case was a hard one, I had 30 mins with the case information which consisted of about 13 pages. Then afterwards I had a 10 mins presentation to AB recruiting people.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2008.

When I was hired, I had to go through three interviews. A general interview, a second interview with a supervisor and a third interview with a manager. The company does a background check for DUI's and felonies, and a drug test. The interview with the manager was the most difficult. He was there with his top supervisor and the interview was conducted in a big office. The environment, office, was intimidating.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2012.

After approximately one month of my application, they contacted me for 2 tests. (cultural and verbal) and after that we scheduled an interview. It consisted of 1 case study and a motivational interview.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2012.

3 interview steps:
    1- face to face interview with hr supervisor and qa supervisor
    2- personality test
    3- role play exercise

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time u had a disagreement and what step u took to resolve it   View Answer

Corporate Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in May 2010.

Situational questions such as: Tell us of a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. What did you do?