Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions & Reviews in Van Nuys, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in April 2014.

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process.

The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations.

I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take.

After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else.

After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager.

I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level.

I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring.

This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates.

It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there.

Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.
        Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2014.

Step 1: Apply Online

Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test.
    Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario.

Step 3: Phone Screen Interview
    Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate.

Step 4: TAP
    Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun.

Step 5: Final Interview
    Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them.

Step 6: Loss for words
    I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days.

Step 7: Emotionally Drained
    Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again.

Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2
    Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job.

Step 9: Offer
    Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in.

Overall Feelings:
    Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiated because it was fair.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in May 2012.

So far , after obviously passing the online personality test, I was called in for a "Industrial Skills test which consisted of basic math and reading comprehension. Next I was called in for a personal interview with 2 people that asked some typical interview questions like,, "tell us a time when ..." and " what would you do if.." I am currently going in soon for the Role Play part of the interview, and im kinda nervous, can someone help me out and give me a example of their production schedule they had to create so that I am prepared, Ive never had to make one. Do you have to draw out a graph chart or something or how exactly does that part of the interview work? Thanks in advance.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you disagreed with a coworker and what happened?   View Answer

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!