Anheuser-Busch Weekender Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2013.

I have a friend who works there and he told me to apply for the Weekender Manager position. I had a little managerial experience but nothing in the distribution field, which is probably why I wasn't offered the job.

Interview process was pretty intense, and time consuming. Even though I wasn't offered the job it was a good experience in dealing with a long, multiple level interview. Here is an outline of the interview process:

1) 30-45 minute phone interview, asking all the normal questions, and going over your resume and qualifications.

2) If you pass the phone interview you have to go in to the plant to do a Math test, and then a test depending on the job you are applying for. The math test was about 15 questions and was simple percentage and scheduling type stuff; this part was timed (I think it was 20 minutes to do 15 questions). The other test I took was much longer, not timed, and asked situational questions. The majority of the questions would lay out a situation and ask you to select two answers 1) what you would MOST likely do in the situation, and 2) what would you LEAST likely do in the given situation. I felt like that test was two fold, partly seeing how you would manage a difficult situation, and partly a psych evaluation.

3) If you pass the basic skills test, they then invite you to the plant to do a structured interview. When I say structured I mean insanely structured; the interviewers each had packets and would literally rate you on a number scale as to how well you responded to their questions (very impersonal). I had two people interviewing me, one was the HR guy who I was in contact with through the entire process, and one was a senior manager at the plant. The questions were very generic and really let you pick how you wanted to answer them, overall no really surprising questions. At the end they ask you about 10 questions asking you to rank your own proficiency in certain skill areas, which is annoying because you don't want to come across as over-confident, but also want to let them know your strengths. During the interview the manager got called on his walkie talkie and had to leave temporarily, which was kind of strange but understandable, the plant is running all the time and I guess there was an issue.

4) After my interview I didn't get asked to continue to the next part, they said they had other candidates with years of managerial experience so I wasn't too surprised. I guess the next part in the process is another managerial assessment, where they give you mock situations and you have to plan a response. Apparently its pretty in depth and takes about 2 to 3 hours.

Not entirely sure about the next step in the process, but I think if you pass the mock situation part, they have one final interview where they offer you the job.

Interview Questions
  • When they asked me to rank my proficiency in electrical circuits I responded "very proficient". I guess one of the interviewers was skeptical that I was proficient and asked me "Ok, whats Ohm's Law?" Never thought I'd get that question applying for a managers position, but luckily I knew it.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Weekender Interview

Came in to facility to take basic reading, math and mechanical aptitude test

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement in the workplace and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2013.

The first step is turning in an application on their website when a position opens up. If It is accepted, you are contacted (normally via email) and told to take an online assessment.

You get about 70 minutes for 100 questions or so, if I remember correctly. They want to see how you deal and communicate with other people. Many of the questions refer to a disagreement between two other employees that is affecting production. You can talk to them, leave them alone, go to the supervisor, etc. They are looking for people who can deal with things on their own. There are not supervisors watching over you there anymore, so you must deal with it on your own. Stay consistent with your answers. They like to ask the same type of question multiple times, so keep track of what you answered.

If you pass this online assessment, you will get invited to take the Industrial Skills Test. This is another computer-based test taken on-site at the Brewery. The basis of this test is "to test skills and characteristics important for the position." It normally takes about 2 hours on a weekday. Refresh your memory on how to find, say 70% of a number. This test is a lot of looking at charts with production numbers, as well as some other basic things. You get a few pieces of scratch paper and a pencil to work problems out on. Be prepared for a good amount of math.

Note: Everything at the Brewery is done on a weekday during normal operating hours. So, be prepared to probably miss some work.

Once you finish this test, they normally tell you to come up to the People Department to see if you passed or failed. If you passed, they congratulate you, and ask when you can schedule your first interview. They only have limited availability, again during the day. There are normally 2 HR people doing this interview. Bring an updated copy of your resume to the interview. They will ask you:
    Why do you want this job?
    Why should we hire you?

Tell us about a time:
    You took on extra work.
    You settled a disagreement at work.
    You took charge in a group.
    You tried to change something for the better at work.
    You settled a dispute at work.
    You had to correct a co-worker.
    How did they handle it?

The list goes on and on.
    Be prepared to give details for all of your examples.

They will sit there and just scribble away your answers on their sheets with their specific questions to ask you. They don't look up at you too much when your talking, and that's normal.

I BSed my way through some of them, and did just fine. Just don't make it over the top.

Once this first interview is over, you will wait a little longer until they respond. If you passed, they will invite you to the Final Interview with their Senior Management Team. This interview will vary from 2-6 people interviewing you. They normally come in 1 or 2 at a time and each interview you for 20 minutes or so. This is a lot of the same questions from your first interview.

Why should we hire you?
    Why do you want this job?
    What kind of experience makes you qualified for this job?

They will ask you particular things off your resume about previous work experience, and how you handled situations on the job.

If you make it this far and pass, you normally receive a phone call offering you the job. If you accept, a background and drug test are required. The drug test is a hair follicle test at a predetermined location of their choosing. You will also receive new hire paperwork, and you have the job!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you tried to make a change in your process at work. How did your boss handle it? How did your co-workers handle it? How did you present it to everyone? And, was it accepted?   Answer Question
    What they offer is what you get. There are so many thousands of people who are trying to get on there, so if you don't like their conditions, they will give it to someone else.