Anixter International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.4

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Anixter International.

Took about six months from start to finish. Such a painstaking process. With all my experience the offer was so low I was insulted, but I needed a job with benefits.

Developmental Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anixter International in January 2014.

Interviewed with my future SR Manager and peer (Supervisor), another SR Manager, and GM of facility. Interview lasted about 2 hours. Individuals were extremely nice. Asked questions to see how I would fit in within the culture.

Human Resource Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International in October 2013.

I was contacted by Recruiter in response to job posting that excluded the company name. Recruiter talked about company for 20 minutes and stated turnover statistics indicating company has great tenure. Recruiter asked me to read company philosophy book and call back to continue interview. I called back same day with no response from Recruiter. Contacted Sr. Director of HR to confirm recruiting firm was hired by them. Was told they have full management of the process. 3 weeks later no response or letter stating I was excluded. A poor process for the candidate that does not match the companies philosophy of excellent customer service.

Interview Questions
    • no questions asked, recruiter talked about company for entire call.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alsip, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International.

If you are applying for a Operatios Supervisor position at the Alsip, IL facility, you better think long and hard if you really need this job.

During your interview here are a few questions to ask:

1) how did this position become available? The real answer is probably that they fired someone.
    2) how many supervisors have you gone through in the last 24 months? The real answer is no less than 12! They go through supervisors like water. Corporate can't seem to question why so many supervisors are being let go. Some of these people were with the company for many years and were very smart/talented, but the managers will always make you the fall guy/gal so they keep their jobs.
    3) what will my hours be? The real answer will be: take whatever hours they give you and add AT LEAST 2 hours to that.
    4) so my pay plan includes a bonus? How many times in the last 5 years have the bonuses been paid out 100%? Real answer is once, most of the time you will get about 50% of your bonus. Subtract taxes from it and you are lucky to be just over $1000.
    5) what is the ratio of managers to supervisors? Truthful answer is almost 1:1. What company has 1 manager to watch over 1 or 2 supervisors? This is a "$5 billion a year" company not a Wendy's franchise.

Anyways, if that doesn't scare you away at least you can put on your resume that you work for a Fortune 500 company. Maybe that will help you when you look for your next job...hopefully not because you were number 13.

Interview Questions
    • Interview is a piece of cake as the managers usually ask all of the same typical questions that businesses have asked for the last 20 years.   Answer Question

Operational Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alsip, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International.

You have to pass their 5 minute survey. It details what type of person you are.

Interview Questions
    not much on negotiation unless you chase addition week of vacation. you get additional 2500.00 per year if you work second shift

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International in March 2013.

Met with three different managers including my future manager. Each one took about a half hour and they asked the standard interview questions. After that it was about a week later that I got an offer. Pretty simple and painless process

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have one. If you're prepared, this is an easy interview.   Answer Question
    They accepted my first set of conditions (salary and vacation).

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anixter International.

Straight forward, mostly behavioral questions. No need for a specific education background for this position. Very easy to learn and little training is needed or provided.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International in January 2013.

This was a very professional process. I initiated the interview process by contacting current employees as well as through the online job portal. Initial interview was by phone, subsequent interviews were in person and on location. The interviewees were friendly and professional. Asked good, smart questions, and really listened to answers. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • How will you grow the account base that is already here.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International in October 2011.

Knew the hirirng manager which circumvented the normal chanels of HR and blind resume'. Interview consisted of open dialogue regarding the position and a review of qualifications. Took several weeks to qualify if the manager could add head count. Once established, the process, offer took little time.

Interview Questions
    • None. fairly routine interview process. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Anixter International in October 2010.

Interviewed several times via phone and in person interviews over several weeks. I was waiting for feedback on my interview and never was contacted by organization. The position was advertised with an external search firm and that is how I discovered that organization wasn't interested. Please contact a candidate, as a professional courtesy , if they spend several hours during several interviews with your organization.