Ann Sacks Tile & Stone Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an in-person round of interviews. They also asked that I complete a intelligence and personality profile in advance of the in-person interview. I was at their office for 2 - 3 hours, interviewing with 3 people and having a tour. At least a month passed before I heard back from them to set up a second interview with the President of Ann Sacks. We had a great interview that lasted an hour and was told they would follow up within a week or two. I've never heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a luxury brand before.   1 Answer

Senior Showroom Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Laguna Niguel, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very easy. I felt an easy connection with the manager. The company itself was my favorite. I had an eye for Kohler and it's great products and design and history. The company itself is owned by Kohler Company in Portland. The interview process was great, after receiving my resume through the Laguna Design Center Visitor Center, I received an email about the job position. I called and set up an interview. After that, I was selected to start the week after. I sent a thank you letter and submitted a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• I remember vaguely about the interview questions. More likely how well do you fit in with the team and how well would you do as a showroom administrator.   1 Answer

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

The process took about 6 weeks of very sporadic communication. After submitting my resume I was contacted the following day to set up an immediate phone interview. A few days later I went in for an in-person interview which was led by a skilled and personable HR person. After this I was asked to complete a personality assessment, told that it would take only one hour (it took three hours and included a lot of math puzzles). After this I was promised I would hear back early the following week, but then complete silence for THREE weeks. Even with a follow-up, I was strung along. After I had given up hope I was contacted to set up a final phone interview with senior management. He again promised me I would hear back early the following week, but two full weeks later I received a phone call at 5 pm on a Friday to tell me they had gone with an internal candidate. Overall, extremely unimpressed with the lack of professionalism demonstrated.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what the position entails?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ann Sacks Tile & Stone (Kohler, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

This process is ridiculous. No company besides the NSA, CIA or maybe NASA should require 5+ interviews with different people, multiple background checks, and as many hoops as a circus. All this for a entry level position. On top of this it took well over a month and a half. Who has that much time to sit around being unemployed?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was as drawn out and ridiculous as the Interviewing process.