Ann Taylor

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in November 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online and if you are chosen for an interview they initially reach out to you by phone to schedule a one on one. During the one on one interview you are asked to pull 3-4 outfits together based on different circumstances such as 1) date night 2) brunch with the girls 3) office attire 4) travel attire and then answer basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Who is a LOFT girl? What does she like, what is her style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You either accept their offer or you do not.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy. Met with the co-manager discussing fashion, career goals, and life in general. Come dressed in LOFT and have a strong understanding of your fashion, where you get your inspiration, and your interest in the company.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the interview was finding an outfit within the store and explaining why I chose it. Always remember the third piece.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure this is a job you will be passionate about. The pay is not very high, but the people you work for make it worth it.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and went in the store later that week to hand in my resume and introduce myself to the manager. After a week with no call back. I went back up to the store and checked on the status of my application. The hiring manager remembered me and set me up for an interview.

The interview was simply a casual conversation. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, and put me at ease. She asked about 8 questions, such as "why do you want to work for loft", "name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer", "tell me about your future goals" etc. Just the basic questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I didn't even have to complete the task.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2013.

Interview Details – I Interviewed with two of the managers, separately. I remember the process was short and went very smoothly. I got a call back the same day I interviewed and was offered the position. Expect some behavioral and personality questions. Tip: dress professionally and try to wear Ann Taylor or Loft clothing for the interview. Present yourself like you are dressed to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. They just want to see if your fashion style aligns with LOFT's image and whether you are capable of doing tasks.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2012.

Interview Details – Quick and Easy process, and my credentials spoke for me. I had a lot of retail experience before hand so i was hired pretty much on the spot. I was connected through a mutual friend that spoke highly of me. It took about a week to get situated but besides that it was an easy process.

Interview Question – It was a rushed interview, and my credentials spoke for me   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy when the manager really wants to hire you. As long as the place is very busy and does not have enough sales associate, it could be easy to get higher pay. It also depends on the manager if she/he agrees and the location/area. Always look presentable and listen to your manager and always be friendly to your coworker.

Interview Question – With my manager, it was easy but must have a legit good answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not call the place unless being told too. It could get really bad if you are too pushy and may get low pay and bad image.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – The first thing you do is submit an application online and complete a "personality assessment" it is pretty basic but can take some time. Afterwards, i was called to come do an interview with one of the mangers. I was unaware that is would be a group interview (2 of us, 1 manager) but I was okay with it. The whole thing was very conversation based and relaxed. Questions included favorite fashion trends, handling a difficult client, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – After the basic questions and answers we were asked to put together two outfits and explain them: 1 for a teacher at work (have a large teacher client database), and one for a ladies' day out.   View Answer

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within a week or so. I was interviewed with a group by the sales lead. It was fun, more like a group discussion. We all went around and stated our answers, it was very relaxed. I was called in for a second interview with the manager by myself. That went well. I was asked a few questions I had to confirm. I could tell he had viewed the notes the sales lead took of me during the group interview.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to solve a difficult assignment with a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We listed our desired rate on a sheet of paper and was told what it would be by the second interview.

South Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in May 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application that included a lengthy questionnaire about relationships in the workplace, ethics, ect. I received a call several days later. We then scheduled one interview in office that was very informal, with questions regarding schedule, prior retail experience and my celebrity style icons. After the one on one interview, I was asked to pick three complete styles for different occasions.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the interview was not a question, but a task. I was asked to fully style three outfits, including accessories and explanations as to why I chose the pieces. The occasions I was asked to style for were a date, a day out with the kids, and for school (as a teacher).   Answer Question

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fast. Applied on a Thursday, received a call from the store manager on a Saturday, interviewed on Monday, and was hired by Wednesday. Application itself was long - you're required to take a lengthy online interview involving your responses to various situations and your personality type - but the hiring process moved along. The one and only interview took place in the back room of the store with the store manager. Dressed nicely in a dress and heels and felt a little out of place when talking to the manager who was in her summer dress and flat boots. Interview itself took maybe fifteen to twenty minutes and was given a frame of time in which the manager would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Who is your fashion/style icon?   Answer Question
  • How would you help a client looking for an outfit?   Answer Question
  • How would you help a husband/boyfriend/significant other find an outfit for their wife/girlfriend/significant other?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ann Taylor

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ann Taylor Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ann Taylor employees and interview candidates.