Ann Taylor Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.2

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Very straight forward. I had such a wonderful manager, so the interview went very smoothly. She was very honest, frank and made me feel relaxed so we really got a feel for each other as well as the company.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to explain a time where I went above and beyond, for someone while at work. Explain why if was such an act and what was the response.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

It is best if you know someone who works there because th employers are more likely to accept referrals. Overall, the process is easy. Fill out the app and call the store. They are always hiring so it is likely that you will get an interview. They are going to ask you fashion questions such as your favorite designer. Then, you will have to create outfits, It is a fun interview actually. If you are hired, you'll get training. They care A LOT about being big competition, which is very overwhelming because they expect a lot from you with being the best sales associate and convincing clients to buy items all the time.

Interview Questions
    They start at 9.00/hr. It is above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Homewood, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor in February 2014.

Applied online, Interviewed within the next two weeks. Interview was very easy store manager asked only about five questions. One on one interview. Hired on the spot. No drug test to take

Accepted as is

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Process took about a week. They were filling four positions. The manager was very friendly and nice. I actually got lost at the mall because I was new to town and had not been in that mall yet, but I just gave the store a call and the manager was understanding. My interview lasted about an hour, but we spent some time talking about books. We also spent a while discussing the training involved. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Loft is all about style and I'm a little all over the place, so it was difficult to explain. This is also my first retail job, so explaining my qualifications for the position was a challenge.   Answer Question
    I got 25 cents more than I asked for.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

The process took 2 weeks, very easy, was hired on the spot based on my work experience and knowledged of the company. I was already prepared to answer any questions they were going to throw at me.

Interview Questions
    They pretty much asked me what type of pay was I looking for and I flat out told the hiring manager and they accepted.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2014.

Questions will be specifically about the company and fashion trends. how would you describe Loft? what does customer service mean to you? who is you're fashion icon? You will be asked to put two outfits together.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in July 2014.

I applied online about a week ago, received a call on a Saturday morning asking me to come in for an interview. I was in a room with the manager for a good 45 minutes and we literally just had a conversation like we knew each other and were catching up. She asked different questions and made it a very easy-going experience. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of relationship do you want with your manager and co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online for LOFT back in May. Later on in July, when they were hiring, I received a call saying that they would like me to come in for an interview if I was interested. When I came to the interview, the hiring manager was very inviting. She was actually one of my favorite manager of all of the interviews I attended. I felt welcomed and she continued with the interview. We also began talking about little things as if we were having a normal conversation rather than an interview. When I was done she said she was busy and would call me within a week. What do you know, exactly a week later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Being new to retail, I think my most difficult question was about customer service. In my previous jobs, I never really had to work with customers considering I did video work and I was a student worker for an office. Other than that, the questions were not hard at all. They were more on a personal level for the most part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in November 2013.

You apply online and if you are chosen for an interview they initially reach out to you by phone to schedule a one on one. During the one on one interview you are asked to pull 3-4 outfits together based on different circumstances such as 1) date night 2) brunch with the girls 3) office attire 4) travel attire and then answer basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Who is a LOFT girl? What does she like, what is her style?   Answer Question
    You either accept their offer or you do not.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in October 2013.

Interview was very easy. Met with the co-manager discussing fashion, career goals, and life in general. Come dressed in LOFT and have a strong understanding of your fashion, where you get your inspiration, and your interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interview was finding an outfit within the store and explaining why I chose it. Always remember the third piece.   Answer Question
    Make sure this is a job you will be passionate about. The pay is not very high, but the people you work for make it worth it.

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!