Ann Taylor

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online about a week ago, received a call on a Saturday morning asking me to come in for an interview. I was in a room with the manager for a good 45 minutes and we literally just had a conversation like we knew each other and were catching up. She asked different questions and made it a very easy-going experience. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What kind of relationship do you want with your manager and co-workers?   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

Interview Details – I applied online for LOFT back in May. Later on in July, when they were hiring, I received a call saying that they would like me to come in for an interview if I was interested. When I came to the interview, the hiring manager was very inviting. She was actually one of my favorite manager of all of the interviews I attended. I felt welcomed and she continued with the interview. We also began talking about little things as if we were having a normal conversation rather than an interview. When I was done she said she was busy and would call me within a week. What do you know, exactly a week later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Question – Being new to retail, I think my most difficult question was about customer service. In my previous jobs, I never really had to work with customers considering I did video work and I was a student worker for an office. Other than that, the questions were not hard at all. They were more on a personal level for the most part.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in November 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online and if you are chosen for an interview they initially reach out to you by phone to schedule a one on one. During the one on one interview you are asked to pull 3-4 outfits together based on different circumstances such as 1) date night 2) brunch with the girls 3) office attire 4) travel attire and then answer basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Who is a LOFT girl? What does she like, what is her style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You either accept their offer or you do not.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy. Met with the co-manager discussing fashion, career goals, and life in general. Come dressed in LOFT and have a strong understanding of your fashion, where you get your inspiration, and your interest in the company.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the interview was finding an outfit within the store and explaining why I chose it. Always remember the third piece.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure this is a job you will be passionate about. The pay is not very high, but the people you work for make it worth it.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and went in the store later that week to hand in my resume and introduce myself to the manager. After a week with no call back. I went back up to the store and checked on the status of my application. The hiring manager remembered me and set me up for an interview.

The interview was simply a casual conversation. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, and put me at ease. She asked about 8 questions, such as "why do you want to work for loft", "name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer", "tell me about your future goals" etc. Just the basic questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I didn't even have to complete the task.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2013.

Interview Details – I Interviewed with two of the managers, separately. I remember the process was short and went very smoothly. I got a call back the same day I interviewed and was offered the position. Expect some behavioral and personality questions. Tip: dress professionally and try to wear Ann Taylor or Loft clothing for the interview. Present yourself like you are dressed to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. They just want to see if your fashion style aligns with LOFT's image and whether you are capable of doing tasks.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2012.

Interview Details – Quick and Easy process, and my credentials spoke for me. I had a lot of retail experience before hand so i was hired pretty much on the spot. I was connected through a mutual friend that spoke highly of me. It took about a week to get situated but besides that it was an easy process.

Interview Question – It was a rushed interview, and my credentials spoke for me   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy when the manager really wants to hire you. As long as the place is very busy and does not have enough sales associate, it could be easy to get higher pay. It also depends on the manager if she/he agrees and the location/area. Always look presentable and listen to your manager and always be friendly to your coworker.

Interview Question – With my manager, it was easy but must have a legit good answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not call the place unless being told too. It could get really bad if you are too pushy and may get low pay and bad image.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – The first thing you do is submit an application online and complete a "personality assessment" it is pretty basic but can take some time. Afterwards, i was called to come do an interview with one of the mangers. I was unaware that is would be a group interview (2 of us, 1 manager) but I was okay with it. The whole thing was very conversation based and relaxed. Questions included favorite fashion trends, handling a difficult client, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – After the basic questions and answers we were asked to put together two outfits and explain them: 1 for a teacher at work (have a large teacher client database), and one for a ladies' day out.   View Answer

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within a week or so. I was interviewed with a group by the sales lead. It was fun, more like a group discussion. We all went around and stated our answers, it was very relaxed. I was called in for a second interview with the manager by myself. That went well. I was asked a few questions I had to confirm. I could tell he had viewed the notes the sales lead took of me during the group interview.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to solve a difficult assignment with a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We listed our desired rate on a sheet of paper and was told what it would be by the second interview.

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!