Ann Taylor Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

I interviewed with a sales lead. We talked about mainly about style, current trends, and how to work with different types of clients. It lasted 15-20 minutes. After the interview, I was asked to put together a fully styled outfit using current trends. I was then offered the job by the store manager on the spot, I accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

The manager was very clear and genuine in the interview . She made me feel very comfortable and was very honest about what to expect as a sales associate , in order to prepare me for my new role.

Sale Lead

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor (Bridgewater, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Sundays are the most important days for business so Sunday availability is crucial. Client servicing is important. You have to know how to be styled and to style. If you are flexible as well that is great! They are really looking for people who want to grow with the company or at least stay long term.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My availability and my starting rate.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Very straight forward. I had such a wonderful manager, so the interview went very smoothly. She was very honest, frank and made me feel relaxed so we really got a feel for each other as well as the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a time where I went above and beyond, for someone while at work. Explain why if was such an act and what was the response.   Answer Question

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

It is best if you know someone who works there because th employers are more likely to accept referrals. Overall, the process is easy. Fill out the app and call the store. They are always hiring so it is likely that you will get an interview. They are going to ask you fashion questions such as your favorite designer. Then, you will have to create outfits, It is a fun interview actually. If you are hired, you'll get training. They care A LOT about being big competition, which is very overwhelming because they expect a lot from you with being the best sales associate and convincing clients to buy items all the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start at 9.00/hr. It is above minimum wage.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a call about two weeks later. The interview was extremely relaxed and casual. It consisted of a few questions about my current job responsibilities, if I'm comfortable selling a credit card, whether I work well on my own, and some questions about style. I was also asked to put together an outfit incorporating the season's trends.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Process took about a week. They were filling four positions. The manager was very friendly and nice. I actually got lost at the mall because I was new to town and had not been in that mall yet, but I just gave the store a call and the manager was understanding. My interview lasted about an hour, but we spent some time talking about books. We also spent a while discussing the training involved. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Loft is all about style and I'm a little all over the place, so it was difficult to explain. This is also my first retail job, so explaining my qualifications for the position was a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got 25 cents more than I asked for.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks, very easy, was hired on the spot based on my work experience and knowledged of the company. I was already prepared to answer any questions they were going to throw at me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pretty much asked me what type of pay was I looking for and I flat out told the hiring manager and they accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor (New Orleans, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online for LOFT back in May. Later on in July, when they were hiring, I received a call saying that they would like me to come in for an interview if I was interested. When I came to the interview, the hiring manager was very inviting. She was actually one of my favorite manager of all of the interviews I attended. I felt welcomed and she continued with the interview. We also began talking about little things as if we were having a normal conversation rather than an interview. When I was done she said she was busy and would call me within a week. What do you know, exactly a week later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Being new to retail, I think my most difficult question was about customer service. In my previous jobs, I never really had to work with customers considering I did video work and I was a student worker for an office. Other than that, the questions were not hard at all. They were more on a personal level for the most part.   Answer Question

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online about a week ago, received a call on a Saturday morning asking me to come in for an interview. I was in a room with the manager for a good 45 minutes and we literally just had a conversation like we knew each other and were catching up. She asked different questions and made it a very easy-going experience. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of relationship do you want with your manager and co-workers?   Answer Question