Ann Taylor Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CO Manager LOFT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Initial application online asked more questions than my in person interview. I felt like the manager interviewing me was just reading straight from a question sheet. I saw her take notes but didn't feel like she was engaging me as an individual.

Interview Questions
    • Should you be friends with your coworkers?   View Answer

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2014.

I applied online, and went in the store later that week to hand in my resume and introduce myself to the manager. After a week with no call back. I went back up to the store and checked on the status of my application. The hiring manager remembered me and set me up for an interview.

The interview was simply a casual conversation. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, and put me at ease. She asked about 8 questions, such as "why do you want to work for loft", "name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer", "tell me about your future goals" etc. Just the basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I didn't even have to complete the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ann Taylor in May 2013.

Definitely wear Ann and Taylor clothes to an interview! and try to make sure they're not old clothes- the person interviewing will notice. The interview questions were quite easy, too….one of the questions I was asked was where do I get my fashion inspiration from. Also, I was asked what magazines I read….nothing too in-depth.

Interview Questions
    • Why should the company hire me- what could I bring to the table   Answer Question
    There wasn't room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2011.

I applied online and then received a phone call from a very upbeat and professional manager. The interview was conducted in small backroom of the store. The manager was very friendly and guided me through the process smoothly. By the end of the interview I was certain that I wanted to be a part of such a dynamic team!

Interview Questions
    • Why wasn't I working in retail full time since I apparently enjoyed it so much? It was a little embarrassing to discuss low salaries in retail.   View Answer

Ann Taylor Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2012.

Must go through online application and basic assessment. Then if a manager is interested, you are called for one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most critical skill for becoming an Ann Taylor Sales Associate?   View Answer
    No negotiating, they offered at my full desired salary.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor in May 2011.

Applied online and was contacted the next day by recruiter. Was told that a manager in the district would call to set up interview. Took almost a week for phone call. Set up interview. Met with the DM and SM. DM asked all the questions. They came into the interview not having any info on me or my resume. Felt as though this was very unprofessional. Lasted 40 minutes, felt as though they didn't like me from the moment they saw me. I was in a suit, guess that wasn't "image".

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in October 2009.

The manager contacted me within 48 hours of filling out the assessment online. I then went for an interview 2 days later. I arrived at the store 15 minutes early and asked the sales associate standing at the desk for the manager (I asked by name). The sales associate acted pretty snotty, but I shrugged it off. The manager came from the back and she was very friendly and professional. She asked the basic questions "What do you know about Ann Taylor?" "Why do you think you would be a good fit?" She explained the expectations of the job, which seemed reasonable enough. She then explained that if I was good 'fit' that she would be calling me back.

Interview Questions
    • How would your last employer rate your job performance?   View Answer

While I did receive a call back, it was several days (like 4). I had already accepted an offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in November 2009.

Very simple, in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!