Ann Taylor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
South Barrington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was given a standard retail oriented personality questionnaire. Later I was chosen to be interviewed. I was booked for the interview the next day I was called. Just over a week later I got a rejection via snail mail. It was a postcard,

Interview Question – Explain when you had good customer service?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter within a week of applying online.We set time aside to discuss a bit about me and my career path further.Our scheduled conversation lasted about 35-40 mins.She was impressed and got me and interview with the DM the following week.I met with the DM and I nailed the interview,she told me that she was interested and to give her a call/email at the end of the week. Well, this was about 2 weeks ago.She contacted me the following monday after I had reached back out to the recruiter to see if there was still an interest. The DM stated that there was and we scheduled a time to talk. However, she didn't call me and later emailed me to reschedule. We talked the next day and she told me that she would like for me to interview with other store managers within the next 2 weeks to see if I would mesh well and get a better understanding of the brand. I was contacted to set up possible times that may work with the other store managers schedules...I have not yet confirmed nor declined the meeting. This process has taken over a month and has led me to keep my options open. I've gotten an array of other offers in the process and am very confused as to why I would have to interview further.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate
Orland Park, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Ann Taylor in May 2011.

Interview Details – in a group of three girls and asked questions such as our style and how we would describe it. What our past supervisors would say about us. Who is our favorite celebrity for style. Why work at loft.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ann Taylor in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call three days after I applied online. The lady asked my about my experience in retail even though she had my resume in front of her. She liked what I was saying so she invited me to a group interview. So two days past, I want to the group interview. She informed me right away when I saw her that she had pink eye so shaking hands was out of the question. I filled out a job application first (even though I did this online). What a waste of time and the store had no AC. I was sweating because I had to walk far. As far as the group interview goes be prepared to talk about how your style had evolved over the past 10 years, your style icon, your favorite designer/store, and what to you want to gain by working for AT/why do you want to work for AT?. The interview went well I thought. Every got alone and everyone was involved. She also talked about how they went wrong in the hiring process with current employees and when the company expands, they won't be apart of it because they weren't giving the best service possible and because of how they camed dressed to work. Anyway, she said in a couple days she would call if anyone of us got a second interview. If not, thanks for your time. It was a waste of time for me, but if you have an interview, good luck.

Very Easy Interview

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Orland Park, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview lasted about 10 minutes

Interview Question – How am I as a merchant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i negotiated for an additional 3 grand a year

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!