Ann Taylor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Keizer, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the District Manager intitally and had an interview with her first in store. The interview went very well, was very conversational and had a "get to know you" feel to it. She asked me questions like "why LOFT?" "Where do you get your style inspirations from?" "what can you contribute to the company?" and since I did not have previous retail experience, she asked me how I would relate to the customers, or something along that line. I reviewed all those questions before my interview and answered them without any hesitation. She even commented how she was impressed with my "why LOFT?" answer. I did think it was odd they did not ask me about my management experience too much or ask me any behavioral questions, but I was fine with that. I then met with the store manager after the district manager and immediately had a feeling like she wasnt expecting me. She spent at least 20 minutes in the back of the store "getting ready for me(?)" and immediatley asked to see my resume, like thats how she would know my name. She read through my resume, asked more of the same questions, except she did ask me "where do you get inspiration after working long days from?" Really she seemed like she was scrambling to find something to ask me because she really did not seem prepared to be interviewing me. I still felt the interview went very well, but left with the sense that they already knew who they were going to hire. At the end of the interview she said we will call you at the end of the week, no matter what. Well, end of the week rolled around and I heard nothing. I then called the district manager 4 days later just to get some input as to why I heard nothing back, and her response was "you didnt go to the second interview!" Umm, yeah I definitely did. I spent $60 on a new outfit, I practiced interviewing with my friend, I researched the company and they didnt even realize I showed up?! I felt very disheartened and frustrated after hearing this since I invested so much in this interview, and they essentially didnt even give me the consideration I deserved. Very disappointing exeperience. Hopefully, it is not indicative of the company as a whole.

Interview Question – "Why LOFT (or why Ann)?" this question will definitely be asked at some point.
Alot of the other questions seemed to be improvised off of the conversation we were having.
  Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and went in the store later that week to hand in my resume and introduce myself to the manager. After a week with no call back. I went back up to the store and checked on the status of my application. The hiring manager remembered me and set me up for an interview.

The interview was simply a casual conversation. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, and put me at ease. She asked about 8 questions, such as "why do you want to work for loft", "name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer", "tell me about your future goals" etc. Just the basic questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I didn't even have to complete the task.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went very well, questions that you expect to respond in any interview. Nice lady who did the interview. Very personal questions about my family and stuff like that. Took a lot of time for me to get the job, probably one month so I have to call her to know if I got the job. I made me feel like no one was looking for a job.

Interview Question – What amount would you like to earn   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted because I need it

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2013.

Interview Details – I Interviewed with two of the managers, separately. I remember the process was short and went very smoothly. I got a call back the same day I interviewed and was offered the position. Expect some behavioral and personality questions. Tip: dress professionally and try to wear Ann Taylor or Loft clothing for the interview. Present yourself like you are dressed to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. They just want to see if your fashion style aligns with LOFT's image and whether you are capable of doing tasks.   Answer Question

PT Sales Associate Interview

PT Sales Associate

Interviewed at Ann Taylor

Interview Details – Applied online was called in for interview. Standard retail questions. Got a call a few days later saying we're interested in hiring me. Started a week later w/ training. Eased me into work environment and then I was good to go.

Interview Question – Why did you leave previous job   Answer Question

Hanover, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – I had applied online and gotten a phone call the next week. We scheduled an interview, only lasted no more then 15 minutes with the store manger. She took down my schedule. Asked about my hobbies and school. Got a call with an offer.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw someone in the store stealing?   Answer Question

CO Manager LOFT Outlet Interview

CO Manager LOFT Outlet
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted through a hiring site by the store manager, did not apply directly for the position. They asked me to apply online and go through the management assessment, which I assume I "passed". Met the manager the next day for an interview at the store. Very extensive interview (about an hour) where she asked multiple different questions on everything from what do you know about our company to "tell me a time when" questions to "how would you handle a situation where" questions.

Interview Question – She stopped the interview and took me to the sales floor where she left me to observe the store (customer, staff, interactions, merchandising, etc) and provide thoughts on the store as a whole and what I thought a managers role should be.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ann Taylor

Interview Details – Applied online via third party website and was called into the store for an interview. Interview dress was business casual. The process was fairly casual and conversational with questions ranging from previous work experience to how friendly/open I am to meeting new people.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you overcame an obstacle and how did you do so?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was given a group interview. It was a professional and smooth process. They asked a few questions and everyone was able to answer to how they felt was the best response. You were then called from there and selected for hire.

Interview Question – What you would do if you had a tough customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a good hourly for me being it was my first retail job. I was content

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2012.

Interview Details – Quick and Easy process, and my credentials spoke for me. I had a lot of retail experience before hand so i was hired pretty much on the spot. I was connected through a mutual friend that spoke highly of me. It took about a week to get situated but besides that it was an easy process.

Interview Question – It was a rushed interview, and my credentials spoke for me   Answer Question