Ann Taylor Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Applied online and received a call after a week for an interview at the store. The interviewer was a manager and we sat outside the store. Usual customer service questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us, and describe your style. The interview only lasted for about 15 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Quick 15 minute interview, was taken to the back by one of the managers. Extremely nice and pleasant. Not a bad experience. Accepted Immediately and was given a great negotiable offer. Can't wait to start working there with a sophisticated clientele and an open way of life.

Declined to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

manager was not the brightest and was very transparent in that her knowledge only extends beyond retail. It was the easiest interview. I referred by a friend and got called in for the interview and a week later I received a call that I was hired.

None

I applied online – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview was structured more as a conversation. Questions included: What does it mean to be a Brand Ambassador? What would you do if you saw an employee doing something they shouldn't be? How would you handle seeing someone shoplifting?

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2015.

I'd received a phone call a week after applying for the position.

As I walked into the store, the assistant manager welcome me with smile. As I waited for the manger of the store to come out, we had a lovely chat about ourselves. The manger finally came out and we introduced ourselves.

Overall, the interview was very casual. I'd expected the interview to last 30 mins but instead we've talked for almost an hour (you know the interview is going well if you past the 30 minute mark).

Just be yourself and do your research on the company. They expect you to know a thing or two about their brand.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest achievement/accomplishment?   View Answer
    • Why did you choose Ann Taylor over other retail clothing stores?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Pay was made clear during the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

Filled out the online application, got a call back 2 days later for an interview. Interview was not difficult, regular questions, why you want to work at ann taylor? your type of style? time you worked as part of a team? what does customer service mean to you? past experience?

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

Was very pleasant. Spoke to the Co-Manager and she was very welcoming. I was a bit confused because she was not the person I initially spoke to about the job.

Weird. It was as if they forced a certain pay, and did not ask me what I would like.

I applied online – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Fast and easy. I received a phone call and was asked a few questions regarding my availability and how I would sell items to certain customers. The manager asked me if I'll e okay with wear heels everyday. They usually look for an associate that is energetic with open availability.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you faced at work and how did you overcome it ?   Answer Question
    It was fast and I was called the next day following the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ann Taylor.

The interview was very simple, and honestly kind of fun. They met with me immediately, asked me what I knew about the company, and who their target audience was. They asked where my favorite places to shop was and really just about my hours I could work

Interview Questions
    • They had me pull together 2 looks, never forget shoes and accessories.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Quick and easy, not nerve wracking in the least. Staff was very approaching and the manager was friendly and easygoing. We discussed my work background, my history of working in retail and my availability. Very nice environment to be around