Ann Taylor Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

basic interview that lasted about twenty minutes. dress appropriately. asked basic questions about interests and schedule. whole process took about three weeks. I applied online and received a phone call about two weeks later to come in for an interview and was then hired the next day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I walked in, asked to speak to the manager of the store and gave her my resume. She later called me to come in for an interview. The first round of interview was actually a group interview. The second round was 1:1 which went well.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, and I didn't even follow up because I thought I had no chance of getting this job. The hardest part was the online application and the lengthy personality test you have to take. Anyway, I was called by one of the managers and she was extremely kind. She asked me when I could come in for an interview and I went in a few days later. It was a one on one interview in the back office and it was very conversational. I think she was reading questions off a paper but she didn't take notes or anything. She asked me how and how often I communicated with clients at my previous job, where I get my fashion inspiration, and my favorite piece of clothing for this upcoming summer (I was not prepared for this one!). There were no wrong answers. The manager told me everything I need to know about the company instead of "quizzing" me on what I knew about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very simple and easy. I got there on time, but the hiring manager was busy, so she told me to walk around. I did and checked the clothes. 5 minutes after the hiring manager took me to the back room and she interviewed me there. The interview must have lasted 15 to 20 minutes. The hiring manager was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style? What type of place would you like to work for? (Fast paced or slow paced) Why did you apply to Loft? Where do you get fashion information?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Making sure I had a flexible work schedule, and fit the definition of a Loft Girl. They also wanted to make sure that I was organized, a good team-player and wanted prior retail experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Just show up. They had so Many no shows to the interview that they would have hired anyone. There has been a lot of turnover and they have trouble getting new people To stay more than a few days due to bad attitudes in stores. The interviewer was told that I didn't want to work in an environment of gossip and friction so my first day was horrible. I was scheduled On a Sunday with no manager and a part time Person that was clueless and women gossiping and complaints and one lady was so rude. Terrible location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Murray, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Put in application on line. Brought resume in to store. Store manager called to schedule interview. Co-manager interviewed me first and then Store manager interviewed me. Store manager called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking customers for their e-mail address?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable asking customers to open an Ann Taylor credit card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

One in person interview with the store manager, lasted about 15 minutes. Asked about my sales/retail and customer service experience. It was a laid back interview and the manager was friendly and made me feel at ease and welcome.

Interview Questions

• Asked me why I wanted this job and what I would bring to the company. Asked what my "personal style" was. After the interview I was given a scenario and asked to pick out an outfit appropriate for that scenario.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ann Taylor in April 2015.

Interview

Staff including management was friendly and supportive. During interview was asked to go on floor and put together three outfits to go from work to evening wear. Overall a good experience. Impressed with the customer service and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to go on floor and put together three oufits.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Rockville, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

It was quick, friendly, and casual. They asked me first what I knew about the company so make sure to do research on it. They asked me simple questions such as "tell me about yourself" and why loft.

Interview Questions

• About the image LOFT portrays   1 Answer