Ann Taylor Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ann Taylor (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I walked in, asked to speak to the manager of the store and gave her my resume. She later called me to come in for an interview. The first round of interview was actually a group interview. The second round was 1:1 which went well.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ann Taylor (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later, and I didn't even follow up because I thought I had no chance of getting this job. The hardest part was the online application and the lengthy personality test you have to take. Anyway, I was called by one of the managers and she was extremely kind. She asked me when I could come in for an interview and I went in a few days later. It was a one on one interview in the back office and it was very conversational. I think she was reading questions off a paper but she didn't take notes or anything. She asked me how and how often I communicated with clients at my previous job, where I get my fashion inspiration, and my favorite piece of clothing for this upcoming summer (I was not prepared for this one!). There were no wrong answers. The manager told me everything I need to know about the company instead of "quizzing" me on what I knew about it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Making sure I had a flexible work schedule, and fit the definition of a Loft Girl. They also wanted to make sure that I was organized, a good team-player and wanted prior retail experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Just show up. They had so
    Many no shows to the interview that they would have hired anyone. There has been a lot of turnover and they have trouble getting new people
    To stay more than a few days due to bad attitudes in stores. The interviewer was told that I didn't want to work in an environment of gossip and friction so my first day was horrible. I was scheduled
    On a Sunday with no manager and a part time
    Person that was clueless and women gossiping and complaints and one lady was so rude. Terrible location.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ann Taylor in April 2015.

Interview

Staff including management was friendly and supportive. During interview was asked to go on floor and put together three outfits to go from work to evening wear. Overall a good experience. Impressed with the customer service and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to go on floor and put together three oufits.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ann Taylor (Murray, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Put in application on line. Brought resume in to store. Store manager called to schedule interview. Co-manager interviewed me first and then Store manager interviewed me. Store manager called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking customers for their e-mail address?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable asking customers to open an Ann Taylor credit card?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Applied online and received a call after a week for an interview at the store. The interviewer was a manager and we sat outside the store. Usual customer service questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us, and describe your style. The interview only lasted for about 15 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Quick 15 minute interview, was taken to the back by one of the managers. Extremely nice and pleasant. Not a bad experience. Accepted Immediately and was given a great negotiable offer. Can't wait to start working there with a sophisticated clientele and an open way of life.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Declined to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ann Taylor (Pembroke Pines, FL).

Interview

manager was not the brightest and was very transparent in that her knowledge only extends beyond retail. It was the easiest interview. I referred by a friend and got called in for the interview and a week later I received a call that I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2015.

Interview

I'd received a phone call a week after applying for the position.

As I walked into the store, the assistant manager welcome me with smile. As I waited for the manger of the store to come out, we had a lovely chat about ourselves. The manger finally came out and we introduced ourselves.

Overall, the interview was very casual. I'd expected the interview to last 30 mins but instead we've talked for almost an hour (you know the interview is going well if you past the 30 minute mark).

Just be yourself and do your research on the company. They expect you to know a thing or two about their brand.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest achievement/accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Ann Taylor over other retail clothing stores?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay was made clear during the interview.