Ann Taylor

Average Difficulty
106 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – Applied online and then received a call about a week later. Was your typical interview, only about 15 min long. I thought the interview went alright, however I didn't think I was what they were looking for b/c I only could work for the summer. Interviewer said she would get back to me the next day with a decision. Well it has now been almost a month and I haven't heard anything--no email, no phone call, no letter, nothing. I find this very rude and disrespectful. I understand that not everyone is a good fit for the job, but at least have the decency to contact me and let me know that they weren't going to offer me a position.

Interview Question – Asked about previous experience, what i expect from my manager, if i was dependable, how i take criticism, etc. No real curve balls, but they did ask how I keep up on the latest fashion trends.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ann Taylor

Interview Details – I met with the store manager and co-manager for one on one interview at the store location. Discussed what the job entailed and different approaches to customer service tactics and expectations

Interview Question – putting an outfit together for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went very well, questions that you expect to respond in any interview. Nice lady who did the interview. Very personal questions about my family and stuff like that. Took a lot of time for me to get the job, probably one month so I have to call her to know if I got the job. I made me feel like no one was looking for a job.

Interview Question – What amount would you like to earn   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted because I need it

Hanover, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – I had applied online and gotten a phone call the next week. We scheduled an interview, only lasted no more then 15 minutes with the store manger. She took down my schedule. Asked about my hobbies and school. Got a call with an offer.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw someone in the store stealing?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ann Taylor

Interview Details – Applied online via third party website and was called into the store for an interview. Interview dress was business casual. The process was fairly casual and conversational with questions ranging from previous work experience to how friendly/open I am to meeting new people.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you overcame an obstacle and how did you do so?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ann Taylor in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was given a group interview. It was a professional and smooth process. They asked a few questions and everyone was able to answer to how they felt was the best response. You were then called from there and selected for hire.

Interview Question – What you would do if you had a tough customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a good hourly for me being it was my first retail job. I was content

Temecula, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ann Taylor in July 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked if they were hiring and they immediately said yes. I applied online and turned in a paper application. They interviewed me on the spot (I was VERY comfortable) and I was hired right then and there. They mostly just asked me questions about myself and how I stay in with current fashions.

Interview Question – Put together an outfit to me a modern business woman would wear to work but easily convert it into an outfit for a night out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ann Taylor in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online because you have to take a test on which they decide whether to interview you or not. The following week I received a call from one of the managers calling me in for an interview. Simple. I went and she asked me very simple questions (tell me about yourself, what is your work experience, how would you confront an angry customer, where do you go to very your fashion sense, etc). Very short. Then she spoke about the company and what the store was all about.

I got a call later in the week offering me the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The only question that made me think was "how would you confront an angry customer?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – While shopping in the store I asked about the "now hiring" sign and after speaking with a manager for a few minutes I was offered an interview. The same day I sent in my resume and application. I was called in two days to schedule an interview for the following week. Interview was very basic and lasted only 10 minutes. I was called within the hour with a job offer.

Interview Question – Very simple and basic questions, such as "When was an instance when you gave exceptional customer service?" Also, "How do you feel your skills will make you a valued employee?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but feel I could have.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview Details – Found the ad on craigslist. Applied to the website. They called me in about a week later. I got the job on the spot and started that day.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ann Taylor

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ann Taylor Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 106 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ann Taylor employees and interview candidates.