Anne Arundel County Public Schools

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anne Arundel County Public Schools

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort George G Meade, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort George G Meade, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in August 2011.

Difficult process. Staff at Riva Road BOE offices are evenly split: either very professional or seem unable to articulate their responsibilities. Keep copies of everything; you will need to resubmit! Offices are quick to give appointments but principals are not quick to make decisions. Be sure to say that you love kids, keep meticulous data, are in daily contact with parents/guardians, and will perform 20 hours a week of volunteer duties with no complaints. You'll be doing it once you are hired! Definitely looking for young candidates; whiten your teeth, color your hair, soften the wrinkles.

Interview Questions
  • What was the best class you ever taught and why? What was the worst class and why?   Answer Question
Negotiation? The first 3 interviews I went on I received no offers. I colored my hair and the next 3 interviews resulted in 3 offers; I took the first 1 and had to decline the second two.

Other Interview Reviews for Anne Arundel County Public Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gambrills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gambrills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in July 2010.

About 2 months after applying online, I received a phone call from an administrator to set up a phone interview since I lived out of state. On the day of the phone interview, there was a panel of administrators (principal and two assistant principals) who interviewed me in a conference call. The interview lasted approximately 35-40 minutes. They asked me a lot of in-depth, technical and situation-specific questions. Two days later, I called them to see if I was offered the job, which I was.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remember - there were so many questions. I didn't find them difficult, since I have many years of experience in the field, but I do remember that they were very situation-specific.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for salary was possible. After I was told that I got the job, I had to call the HR department, I was told what my salary was going to be, and from here on it was a nightmarish bureaucracy with many-many phone calls and in-person visits to the HR, regarding my certifications and getting all my data right in their computer system. The HR department seems to be rather disorganized and inefficient.

Teacher Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in January 2010.

schools were hiring at a job fair i went to the fair and filled out an application got a phoen call and then had a phone interview after that had to wait a while then had an in person interview not with a school principal but with the coordinator for the program who told me b ased on my education i was at the top of the pay scale and that they were looking to hire someone cheaper

Interview Questions

Worked for Anne Arundel County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!