Answers Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Answers Corporation.

Interview

Great interview with the recruiter who was very professional. Unfortunately the company refused to see me for the second round . They are looking for a BS degree and years of experience and additional certificates with IT. I'm sure most of you already have a great job. You will be working with their top brass who have higher learning degrees. So you have to be as smart as them or better.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Answers Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

I had three different screening interviews with no communication between the three. I finally had a "real" interview, was promised a follow-up that never game, although in the interview, they said to expect at least 3 more interviews. 7 interviews for a intermediate position? Ridiculous. Overall, it was a disorganized experience. My sense is that they are growing fast and don't know how to manage the growth.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Answers Corporation (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

My fellow classmates just graduated and somebody forwarded this position to us, I know at least three of us applied for this position including me. It was about mid or late May and they were suddenly looking for interns at their Mountain View office, which gave me a feeling that some of their interns just tore the contract with them. The HR called back after my emailing my resume very quickly, followed by a phone interview, take-home case study in about just two days. The case was really time consuming for either Stats students or Information School students like me because they wanted someone with stats degree as well as data analytics skills. HR told me that there were 8 candidates who did the case study and to my surprise, the later online Google Hangouts interview which was the final round still had 8 candidates. The Google Hangouts interview was basic, but all about stats. As I confirmed with another offer to me, I turned down this one. The company sounds nice, and the position was also attractive. However, I didn't even consider it because don't feel good during the interview process. I didn't feel their respect to us candidates. They rescheduled my interview time to three days later without asking me whether I was happy to. They also had all of the candidates to the last round of interview and then kept us waiting. I asked how long I may be waiting during my interview, they said maybe at least one month. Later I followed up and asked for updates there was never a reply. Several weeks later, when I have already started my intern at another company, I heard that one of my classmate got the opportunity of interview for this position. Seems like they didn't get enough people to fill the positions and started over the process. Later he told me that he got the oral offer and accepted it. He started preparing for moving to Bay Area and we all gave him our wishes. Then guess what, Answers.com took back the offer because of "short of budget", saying "you could get it if you were interviewed earlier".

Interview Questions

• Some basic SQL questions, some basic stats concepts like "p value". Case studying included a stats case study and the use of an online API.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Answers Corporation.

Interview

It was straight forward. My first interview was an interview with hr. Conversation was about seeing if you wanted the position and the hiring process more than anything else. Then had an interview with two managing software engineers at the office. Technical questions, but was not hard. More about seeing if you knew how to program not if you are any good. Last interview was over the phone with senior manager who manages the rest of the managers in the software department. Fun interview. Gave riddle logic questions. Easy compared to other riddle questions I've had. Then they called back a week later with a decision.

Interview Questions

• E riddle question was if I had 9 balls and one was heavier than the others and I only had an old fashion weighted scale how could I find out the heavier ball with the least amount of weighs.   1 Answer

Interview

The process moved very quickly. The day after I submitted my resume online, I received a call from HR forest up a phone screen interview. The next week I had a on site interview with the hiring manager and the department director. A week later, there was a follow conference call to present the research findings from mock data.

Interview Questions

• the questions were all pretty easy - but there seemed to be an emphasis on handling multiple projects   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Answers Corporation in December 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was great. Quick response from recruiter and hiring manager. Five interviews total. Phone interview with HR, then with hiring manager. In person panel interview went well. Then needed to schedule two with upper management. Scheduling nightmare, Schedule an interview, and get no call. Reschedule and the person calls 20 minutes late!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer when they wont let you get to work and fix the users complaint?   Answer Question

SAS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Answers Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

got a sas test from the manager then returned the code in 24 hours. it's about MySQL, three tables, you need to combine them and select the variables as required with calculation.

Interview Questions

• create the time frame so that can be updated every day   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Answers Corporation.

Interview

I got an interview with Answers Corporation through a career fair hosted through my college. The first round involved a video chat with the engineering team. Everyone was really nice and accomodating. After that, I was asked to complete a code challenge which was really easy. Then there was a technical phone interview with a senior engineer. There weren't any difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What does the static modifier mean in Java?   1 Answer

I did not feel the offer was good enough. When I asked to negotiate, they sort of stopped co-operating. I found it very unprofessional. It was very disappointing considering the fact that I mentioned I really wanted to work with Answers.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Step 1 was a video conference with the engineering team. It was very comfortable and everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Step 2 was to complete a code challenge and e-mail back your solution. Step 3 was a final technical/behavioral interview with a lead engineer. This was also very comfortable and there wasn't anything too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Write the game "Rock, Paper, Scissor" in the language of your choice.   Answer Question

Associate (Content) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Answers Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a pretty mild behavioral interview. The interviewer went down my resume and asked me about different things on it. She mainly just wanted to know that I'd had some editorial experience and to feel me out through conversation. Answers seems to be need interns pretty often, and if you like it, they'll offer you an extension after a few months, which is often the track to a full-time position.