Antenna Software

Very Difficult Interview

Architect Interview

Architect
Bothell, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Antenna Software in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews, which included technical screening. Then I went into the Seattle/Bothell office for an interview. Although the company is larger with a home office in another state, this local office had all of 5 people in it.

These two interviewers that were quite snarky and conduct themselves in a way that will make Antenna software's competitors extremely happy, because they put their egos first in any communication to others. They were supposed to, on the schedule, interview separately, but they came in together and seemed to enjoy themselves quite a lot in rejecting any answer.

In a judgment call of whether to represent their company well or to serve themselves, it was way more important for a couple of my interviewers to entertain themselves. It was a choice for them in the interview to call me a liar, to say I could not have had the experience I had, the certifications I had (with professionally proctored tests), the Masters degree I had - literally they said that to me in the interview. They could have just lied to the director who asked their feedback on interviews and shined me on, but no, they made the choice to hector, bully, and just in general, be harassing during the interview to their own open amusement. Yeah. They laughed and smirked at one another during the interview.

I thought to myself, if these guys were in a meeting with a client and the customer dared have their own architect or technical person challenge them, they would obviously feel it was appropriate behavior to bully if their egos got threatened ...or just for personal entertainment. They did not put Antenna software first, and considering that the company I come from is a client of Antenna software, they were not concerned at all I'd be communicating their unprofessional behavior to others. You know, potential customers, not their management. And here to potential employees. One of the things I look for in a company is one where the culture is to be competitive in the market and presenting well to all people, who are, after all potential customers. So in an interview, I look to how people treat people. I wondered if the company thought it was so rich that it could afford this sort of culture. I thought it would run customers off. Or maybe the management was uncourageous or unknowledgeable that it could be held hostage to people who behave like this. All of this is a red flag.

I had already passed phone technical screenings. At one point I wondered if they were trying to stress test me to get me to storm out of the interview. Nope. That wasn't the case, this was them acting off-road to any official Antenna policy, no doubt. However, clearly, since they had been at the company for a while, this is not new behavior.

At one point, I answered a question using the word "token" instead of "certificate" and the one fellow barked at me that I didn't use the word he liked and therefore was wrong in answering the question about a security architecture. Because I didn't use the word he wanted, I could not have understood the entire concept. His buddy added that "obviously I didn't have any experience working with it." Ok.....I've done presentations on this and my slides are on the internet.....I have a lot of work experience as well. And also enough experience to recognize what is going on here. This is the culture they have set up in the office. The questions they asked were not difficult. However, it seemed that from the start, they would have no answer I gave them..

Interview Question – go over your resume   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Antenna Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Antenna Software Architect interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Antenna Software employees and interview candidates.