Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview

My first interview was one on one, over the phone, with the manager of the department I was applying to. Second interview was a panel interview with with 3 employees and the same manager. It was a very casual atmosphere, everyone was very personable.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about previous experience and motivation for joining Anthem.   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview where the recruiter called to get background on me and whether or not i would be a possible fit for the company. I will know something in two to three weeks.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would enable you to do this job? Would you be able to make a switch after having done health care?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview

The 1st interview was a telephone interview and it basically went over everything I submitted to Right Hire's application. Person was foreign, nice and well spoken. He told me the next level would be a panel interview and I would hear something in next two weeks.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview

I was hired as a intern , then converted as a FTE. The internship interview was pretty straight forward for IT developer. The hiring process was very smooth till background check. No hassles.
    They will convert into FTE based on performance and vacancy . However anthem does outsource lot of IT . Converting into FTE , really needs a strong performance .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application and was invited to take an online assessment a few days later. I took the assessment and then received an email to do a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't an interview at all. The "interviewer" didn't ask me any questions. He just went over my application and told me I should hear something soon. Well it has been 4 weeks and I havent heard anything yet.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which went well, which lead to a "panel" interview/discussion with all the managers in the department, ending with a one on one interview with a hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Roanoke, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Manager who interviewed me couldn't tell me how much the job started out paying. The questions didn't even relate to the job. Manager couldn't answer basic questions like benefits, advancement,etc. Told me I needed to speak to someone in HR

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff...if this happened what would you do.
      Why did you do that?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate for higher pay and was told they don't do that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview

Application, online test, phone interview, face to fact interview

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult about the interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Sat with two floor managers, both had their serious faces on for the interview. I was interviewed by both I guess to add the pressure of the interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes it wasn't long but the questions were direct. During the interview they also asked questions about me, such as school, schedule, and availability. They also gave me a small tour of the building to establish the comfort level at the end, it seemed that after the interview they loosen up.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about previous experience such as, describe a time when you had to deal with a customer who was upset over the phone. How do you handle a customer who is being rude and yelling at you over the phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I applied online and was notified within a few day for an on site interview. The interviewer was easy to talk with, which made the process easier.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. Once you apply online and select you intended salary, they will make you an offer. I was very satisfied.