Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in April 2010.

All hiring is initiated through online processes. It's frustrating because you have no way to follow up to find out your status unless they contact you by phone, which generally takes 1-2 weeks. You then complete several online aptitude and suitability tests before being called in for a personal interview. The personal interview process is pleasant and you will be interviewed generally by two department managers. After the entire process is completed, kif all goes well you may receive a hiring letter, a welcome packet, and training start date.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It is a huge company. It's a take it or leave it proposition.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Started with a phone interview which went well, which lead to a "panel" interview/discussion with all the managers in the department, ending with a one on one interview with a hiring manager.

Health Outreach Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in October 2012.

hired by staffing agency then hired on full time there is an extensive background test and anything that cant be physically verified will hold your hire process up make sure you can verify everything you put down on application

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Application, online test, phone interview, face to fact interview

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in November 2009.

Hired based on a recommendation from an existing employee.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember, but everything has changed now that the company has been bought by Wellpoint.   View Answer
    Non existent. I got the job based on a strong recommendation from a strong existing employee.

Recovery Specialist Interview

peer interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fond du Lac, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

The hiring process was incredibly simple. It was one interview with the department manager. Once that interview was complete it was about 4 days and I was offered the job. The biggest thing to stress in the interview is customer service and how you like helping people with information and issues.

Interview Questions
    • I would have to say the most difficult question was give an example of a time when you were not able to help a customer and what you did to rectify the situation.   Answer Question
    I feel that the offer that was given was fair for a customer service position. You will want to ask for 13.00-14.00/hour.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in December 2011.

Ok..

Interview Questions
    • Not worth the interview in Denver's office   View Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in April 2010.

I met with the department manager, followed by a panel interview. I was offered the position 3 days later. Very fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fond du Lac, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in August 2009.

They tout the phrase "excellent opportunity for advancement within 9-12 months." Do not believe this. What ever you are told in the interview, be sure to get in writing at the time of the offer.

Beware this is just like factory work, except it is a clean environment. You get your own cubicle, it's a very casual dress code and you can listen to your own music. Be sure your eyes can handle staring at monitors and your butt can handle being in a chair for 8+ hours a day NON-STOP. Production is their main focus, so no talking.

Mandatory overtime is the norm. Mandatory OT in Wisconsin has been going on over a year.

As far as the people, they seem nice, but you will do well if you trust no one.

Interview Questions
    I was originally offered $11.00, but negotiated up to $12/hour.

Worked for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield? Contribute to the Community!