Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview Details – Application, online test, phone interview, face to fact interview

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult about the interview   Answer Question

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in November 2009.

Interview Details – Hired based on a recommendation from an existing employee.

Interview Question – Don't remember, but everything has changed now that the company has been bought by Wellpoint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent. I got the job based on a strong recommendation from a strong existing employee.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Interview Details – peer interview

Fond du Lac, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview Details – The hiring process was incredibly simple. It was one interview with the department manager. Once that interview was complete it was about 4 days and I was offered the job. The biggest thing to stress in the interview is customer service and how you like helping people with information and issues.

Interview Question – I would have to say the most difficult question was give an example of a time when you were not able to help a customer and what you did to rectify the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I feel that the offer that was given was fair for a customer service position. You will want to ask for 13.00-14.00/hour.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in December 2011.

Interview Details – Ok..

Interview Question – Not worth the interview in Denver's office   View Answer

Case Manager Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in April 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the department manager, followed by a panel interview. I was offered the position 3 days later. Very fast process.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Claims Processor
Fond du Lac, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in August 2009.

Interview Details – They tout the phrase "excellent opportunity for advancement within 9-12 months." Do not believe this. What ever you are told in the interview, be sure to get in writing at the time of the offer.

Beware this is just like factory work, except it is a clean environment. You get your own cubicle, it's a very casual dress code and you can listen to your own music. Be sure your eyes can handle staring at monitors and your butt can handle being in a chair for 8+ hours a day NON-STOP. Production is their main focus, so no talking.

Mandatory overtime is the norm. Mandatory OT in Wisconsin has been going on over a year.

As far as the people, they seem nice, but you will do well if you trust no one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was originally offered $11.00, but negotiated up to $12/hour.

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in December 2008.

Interview Details – took one day. started 2 weeks later

Interview Question – behavorial questions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone to phone interview. Then person to person interview with Director of call center. Shadowing of other agents to see if job tasks were desireable. Job was offered.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was called over the phone and asked a series of "corporate questions" like tell me a time when you gave exceptional customer service? Also, I was asked to go over my job history verbally, even though they had my resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, they wanted to give me a lower rate but I told them I had years of customer service experience. They were looking for job titles that were "customer service", not looking for skills but titles

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield employees and interview candidates.