Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.3

Customer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online and received a phone call within a week or two asking if I could come in for a group interview. I interviewed with one other person. The interview was very conversational and friendly. We were asked maybe 20 questions, and then we did a styling activity. I was told I would receive a survey via email and then be called if the process was going to continue. I received and submitted the survey the next day. A couple days later, I was called in for a second interview. The second interview was also very conversational and friendly.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie.

Completed job application online, received email invitation to group interview with very young sales manager, job offer on the spot, completed company test online and passed, began work almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    I inquired about pay based on my experience and education. No negotiating for seasonal employees. Potential to negotiate if hired a permanent job at end of season. Disappointed with low pay offer, even if seasonal, considering education in related field.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

It was a group interview with one other person. The interview was your typical interview for a part-time job. The manager each asked us about five questions relating to the company and the Anthropologie customer. Then at the end, the manager asked us to put together an outfit that best represented our style.

Visual Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

really casual, easy. we just sat on the couch in the store and chatted like we were friends in a living room. your personality is important. they just want to know that you have experience in something art related, but it does not have to be very much. they know it is an internship so people do not always have a lot of experience, but it does not matter if you are a creative person

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Very casual, sat on a couch in the middle of the store with two managers. It was very conversational, talking about everything from my previous experience, where I find my style inspiration, to my favorite bloggers. I was asked to walk through the store, and select pieces to put together an outfit for a specific event. Once I found the pieces I wanted to use, I brought them back and described the pieces I chose, why I chose them, and how I would pair the entire outfit.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you find your style inspiration?
      Describe a stressful situation?
      What do you love most about Anthro?
      Describe your last visit.

Answer Question

Visual Display Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anthropologie in March 2015.

Interview was very unprofessional and uncomfortable. The manager was 20 minutes late. The interview was held in the store with customers bumping into us. Manager did not look at my resume, cover letter or portfolio prior to the interview. Everything I prepared for this position was not looked at prior and during it was not really cared about.

I was told the position I applied for was actual for an upcoming possible opportunity that I would compete against others for. The actual date on that position was unsure as there were not any openings for being a display coordinator in the area. The actual name of the position she was hiring for was a visual sales associate. That position cleans the store, opens/closes the store and helps customers. She said I would mostly be needed during the holiday and as it was March when I applied...I would be a sales associate for 7 months before working on an actual display.

I was told the position would not pay what the original posting was for. I basically showed up and prepared for an interview that wasn't for the actual position I applied for. The manager was unprepared for the interview and I received a lot of helpful information about this company that would make me consider applying for another position.The process to becoming a part of this company is long (3 separate interviews). One of which is a design project.

I removed my resume submission shortly after the interview. I am sure the position would have been a decent one if it was actually the position I was supposed to be interviewing for. Not a fan of the manager. Did not really handle the interview well. I am sure every manager is different. The one I got made it an uncomfortable time.

Interview Questions
    • Why anthro? What is the customer base? What do you know about the store?   Answer Question

The position I applied for was titled "Upcoming Visual Display Coordinator Opportunities" When I got to the interview I was told the position I was applying for was a Visual Sales Associate with the possibility of applying for an open Display Coordinator position. (None of those positions are open currently). Not interested in being a sales associate waiting for a possibility to fight my way past senior VSAs to get the position I was actually interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie in March 2015.

The manager was 20 minutes late to the group interview, which I found incredibly rude. From the flagship store, I expected better. The sales associate just kept saying, "Don't worry, I promise she is coming soon." Upon being greeted at the store, we were brought downstairs where we were interviewed on the couches in the home section. The 5 of us who were being interviewed waited awkwardly downstairs, walking around aimlessly looking at the merchandise until the manager came down. The questions were pretty typical retail interview questions. I would recommend bringing a copy of your resume and dressing in something that is/ looks like it could be anthro.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie in March 2015.

Very easy. Applied online and heard via email that I was selected for an interview. I had 3 different interviews (two in the store and one on the phone). The overall experience was positive and everyone there was welcoming and excited to meet me. I love this company! I guess I need to write more to meet this 50 word minimum. Nice clothes and great discount.

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie.

1st interview was an open interview which is a bit of a misnomer as you have to register on line and fill in the form. Don't wait to be called though, call the store you are applying for and let them know you intend to come.
    The interview was very informal the interviewer was very friendly, we sat on the sofa in the store. Three women being interviewed all from completely different back grounds and ages. Questions were very basic, just a simple run down of your CV.

2nd interview was one on one for me again on the sofa in the store. This time it was more indepth questioning, what would you do if you saw a shoplifter in progress, how would you style a 40 something going out for Valentine's Day. Lots of questions on previous jobs and also why you would want to work for Anthro

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if yous aw a shoplifter in progress,   View Answer

I dont know yet

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview was 1 hour in duration. The expectations and job demands were explained. Then I was to "style" a look form head to toe, by walking the store and picking out an outfit that best represented me and my styling capabilities.