Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was very casual and conversational. It took them a long time to give me an estimate of when my first day would start. Overall, it was a positive experience

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie in October 2012.

First interview was with a group of 10 other people. After I made it through the first round I got an interview with the store manager and another applicant. Basic retail interview questions, and was giving a scenario to choose an outfit for. The other applicant and I were sort of pitted against one another.

no negotiation, I started at $9/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2013.

Very easy. Applied online, then got called in 2 weeks later, got the job 2 weeks after that. The hiring manager was very sweet, nice, and attentive.
    Usually they have open-hires where anyone can come in between a certain time and be interviewed, but in my case i got called in with 3 other girls and was interviewed in a group.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

I applied online and was sent a survey. Upon completion of the survey, I was called to set up an interview. I was greeted at the store and asked to sit, after a lengthy wait the manager sat down with me to ask questions. She asked me about the qualities of Anthro, why I thought I'd fit in, ways that I've dealt with challenging customers and ways that I go above and beyond at my job.

Interview Questions
    • A mock sales situation where the manager posted as a customer and you guide her through the selling process.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

I applied online at the end of July and they called me two weeks into August to schedule an interview. When I arrived they had seemed to have forgotten about my interview which made me slightly wary of the work environment. However my interviewer was really nice and seemed genuinely interested in me and the things I had to say. Working in retail you'll begin to understand that his is very important. She asked a few questions about Anthropologie and their target client and what other places the target client would shop. She was excited to know that I had a background in furniture and furniture textiles considering Anthropologie also sells bedding. I left super excited and awaiting a second interview. I received a call the next day asking me to come in for my second interview the following day with the store manager. She was the kindest manager I've ever met. She only asked me two questions about Anthropologie and asked me a bunch of questions about my interests and what I like to do. It was nothing like a typical interview! It was more like gaining a new friend in class kind of experience which I really enjoyed. The environment in the store seemed super relaxing and the girls were really nice while I was waiting to be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your fashion Role Model?
      Where do you get your inspiration from?
        View Answer
    We never really talked about the pay rate but since I am leaving a job for this one she was kind enough to match my pay rate at my current job and actually gave me a bit more!

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthropologie.

We had a "fishbowl" interview. One staff person interviewing four candidates. I had not done an interview like that before. Interesting, but it seemed one sided, and difficult to ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone giving an additional discount to a customer?   Answer Question

They have a block out period for all of November and December, and I have already made plans to be away for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. A couple days after I received an email for a interview at the store. The first interview was a very casual conversation in the middle on the room, with the Hiring Manager. She said they would call back the same day to confirm a second interview with the Store Manager. I received the call a couple hours after confirming the second interview for the day after. The interview with the Store Manager was a bit more serious and less casual than the first one. The setting for the second interview was more private but still in an open area. After the interview he said they will be in touch. So far I have not heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between selling and service? How would you sell your outfit to a customer?   Answer Question

Home Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

Initially interviewed about a year ago. Went to three interviews. Then never heard back in set time frame, when I called they said they had hired internally. Ok, I get that. Received a phone call a week ago for another interview because the person they promotes had quit. Went in for 4th interview and it went great. Said I would hear from them the following Monday. I didn't realize this would be a 5th interview over the phone. Needless to say, it's been a very tedious process, but pleasant. Everyone I have interviewed with had been great. Going in to fill out background check paper work and after that, more waiting to see if I get the position. This is the only down side. The multiple interviews and constant waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very common/easy. Nothing difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

I had already applied to FP in the city but since it was a highly competitive job and I have not had any previous retail experience/ am a college student, I couldn't seem to score the job. Nonetheless, I gained a lot of experience interviewing with the URBN company brand from doing 5 interviews with FP. Anyway, I heard a friend of mine was interviewing for this location so I decided to do so myself. I applied online to see if I could get an interview too. I hadn't received any emails to interview with them so I took the initiative of calling and asking if they had any open interviews, which they did.

That following week, I went ready with a resume and wore a dress with a cover up that I bought from Anthro/ UO a while back. Remember that modesty is key in Anthropologie since their client age range is pretty wide (fashionable teens, to elderly women)

As for the interview, it was great! Before the manager came around to talking to us, I greeted the two other girls that came in after me. (yes, it was a group interview) Since they were down to earth and easy to talk to, we chatted for a bit. It really helped to calm the tension that could come with competitiveness and nerves during an interview. The manager sat down with us and asked us each different questions like "What do you think the Anthropologie woman represents?", "Tell us about your current work experience, hobbies, etc.", "What do you know about the brand?", "What does good customer service mean to you?", "What would you do if you caught someone stealing?" It really just felt like a conversation, not an interview. The girls were open and seemed to be interested in what everyone had to say about their own experiences/ answers.

Then after that, we had an outfit challenge which was loads of fun! We each got a different assigned customer example (mine was a mature woman going to a wedding that night) and we interacted well with each other during the challenge even though it wasn't supposed to be a group challenge. When we were done, we had to show our outfits off and tell them why we chose those particular items. Accessorize accordingly. A simpler outfit, bold accessories.. A more colorful/ printed outfit, simple accessories.

The manager also spoke about her own experience working there, and answered the questions after we got a chance to answer them throughout the interview. She was very interested in what we each had to say. Overall, it was the best interview I had all summer.

The next day they sent me the survey request which I'd already done. It basically asks you a lot of drugs, alcohol, theft questions. Then, the next day I got the call and they offered me the job! Overall, my advice is to know the Anthropologie customer and have a lifestyle that compliments it. I'm an art student that enjoys being active and doing extracurricular activities! Have a sincere, confident, and sweet personality.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you suspected someone of theft?   View Answer
    $10 pay, which is more than I'd expected so I didn't bother negotiating.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

I applied to this job online, and was contacted three to four weeks later with an email asking if I would fill out a background info/survey webpage. A few days later, I received a call asking me to come in for an interview sometime that week.
         The interview itself was on a couch in the middle of the store, and was very casual. I was asked about my responsibilities at my current job (a sales associate at a different store), my favorite part about working at my current job, as well as the most challenging part. I was asked to describe where I get my inspiration from, and what makes me a good fit for Anthropologie. I was also given four minutes to create a persona, an outfit, and a short story behind the persona/outfit.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation but it seemed they were open to it.

Worked for Anthropologie? Contribute to the Community!