Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvard Square, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Harvard Square, MA).

Interview

I applied for a receiver position because of the increased pay. It wasn't clear to the manager I interviewed with, I guess she and the other manager didn't communicate that because she seemed to be surprised I was interviewing once we began talking. I worked at target for 3 years but am very chic by nature. She asked if I had any other retail experience besides that because she was extremely unimpressed by that experience. She did inform me that because I would be part time receiver, I would also be on the floor as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

• What is the Anthropologie customer age range?   1 Answer
    • Why Anthropologie?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 interviews. I was interviewing during a management change so I had to go in more than expected. Nice but kept saying my skills weren't what they were looking for for a training position......

Interview Questions

• What would be the first 5 things you would do when coming into work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Applied online, received email about 2 weeks later with time slots for interviews, and then chose the time segment that fit my schedule best. The interview was done in the middle of the store on a couch with the manger on duty during that time.

Interview Questions

• If you were hiring employees what would you look for characteristic wise?   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a week or two asking if I could come in for a group interview. I interviewed with one other person. The interview was very conversational and friendly. We were asked maybe 20 questions, and then we did a styling activity. I was told I would receive a survey via email and then be called if the process was going to continue. I received and submitted the survey the next day. A couple days later, I was called in for a second interview. The second interview was also very conversational and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Online application, test, and then in person interview. Very friendly, laid back. Was interviewed by 2 people. They sat me down on a couch in the main room, and asked me a couple of questions concerning the store, the customers, and my past experience. Very easy interview - wasn't nerve wracking at all.

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Short one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. It was very laid back and casual, they really try to make you feel as comfortable as possible in interview. I was asked basic questions about my studies, plans for the future, opinion of the store...etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the typical customer like that you see in store?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was warm, inviting and friendly. They make you feel very comfortable and at ease. They interviewed us in a group so be prepared to stand out with all the right answers. They'll ask questions about loss prevention, your experiences as a supervisor, how you have lead a team, and what did you learn from your experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with people who have tried stealing from your store?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com. I received an email that I could join an open interview. I went and it was just me and the manager. It was really easy and conversational. I had to pick out two outfits. One casual and one dressy. A couple days later I got another email stating that someone else got the job but I will be considered for other positions.

Visual Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

The interview process was long. I had 4 interviews, a project and assignments in store. First interview with regional manager, then with colleague Visual Manager, then a project, then another interview with both, Store Assignments - pick 3 outfits, then an interview with store manager. It was a long process, they take the hiring process very serious!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Who inspires you? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

group interview. asked us weird questions. i remember i thought one of the other girls definitely wouldnt be offered a job but she was.. overall the person who interviewed us (another sales person or manager) was not intimidating and it was a fun couple of hours. we also got to tour the underbelly of the store which was cool.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite thing about anthropologie? how would you describe anthropologies aesthetic?   1 Answer