Anthropologie

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.3

MIT (Manager In Training) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online, it took about 2 weeks to get a call to interview, and due to their office hours, I had to wait until Friday for an interview (was called on Monday). I went in on Friday about 10 minutes early to interview and they had been having some unexpected issues in the store. I was greeted multiple times, and finally ended up interviewing at about 11:45. I met with the Visual Manager first, she was really nice and welcoming, we just sat on the couch and talked for about 25 minutes, and then I interviewed with the Store Manager, also really nice. Nothing too unexpected, aside from the wait time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer that we don't already have?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online. After a week or so, they contacted me scheduling a group interview. We were just two interviewees, and I was the one who answered all the questions first in a perfect manner. I had a great interview!! They sent me the link for the online behavioral test. Long story short, they do not want to hire any minorities or immigrants. I am originally from Europe. I have been living in the States for e few years now. I have a strong sense of fashion, personal skills, special and real interest in the brand and right background for the job. I do not have language barriers. Look at their employees next time you visit Anthropologie or Free People, then you will see what I mean.
    Sorry but, this discriminatory approach is in contradiction with their vision of well rounded, world traveler customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I was called 20 minutes after dropping off a resume, and asked to come back for a group interview. They were hiring for the upcoming holiday season, so they needed to up their staff quite a bit. Easy questions, relaxed setting. I would recommend dressing "Anthro" and smiling a lot. As far as I can tell, they were looking for friendly faces with flexible schedules and an appreciation for the Anthro shopping experience.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anthropologie in January 2015.

I applied for the position before holiday season. Once holiday season ended and their holiday season employees left they emailed me to fill out an online survey taking around roughly 30 minutes just asking basic moral questions like should you be influenced by drugs on the job, etc. Then they called me about a week later requesting for me to come in to interview. They gave me no specific time to come in just to come between 1 and 3 pm for when the hiring manager would be there. When I arrived I felt to dress the part just in some free people clothes that I thought fit the brand well and both the store manager and hiring manager complimented my outfit numerous times before finding out that I was there for an interview. They were very warm and welcoming and it was one on one with each of them. It was more conversation than anything and honestly one of the most laid back interviews I have ever experienced. They could tell that I got flustered by a few questions seeing as I was still young (freshly 18, and still in high school) but remained very warm and welcoming. The experience as a whole was very laid back and not stressful like many other interviews i've experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you feel is the target customer of our store? Why do you feel this way and what about our store is appealing?   Answer Question
    Didn't feel the need to negotiate, they offered $9.50 an hour and told me about the incredible discounts I would receive and that was enough for me.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

The Anthropologie interview process consists of a number of interviews with members on the buying team (typically from the lowest person up). It is important to know that the interviews are back to back...so be prepared to be interviewed by a lot of different people (some are definitely easier than others.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to describe exactly who the Anthro customer is.   Answer Question

I ended up relocating with my husband and accepted a position with a different company.

Customer Associate Interview

I applied for this position before Christmas but did not get called in for an interview until January 14th. The interview was a group interview, and there were 5 of us there total. The interview was really informal, just the store manager and another worker asking us questions and we all answered one ata a time. After I had the interview, the next day I dropped off a hand-written thank you card, and about a week and a half later I got an email saying that they decided to move forward with someone else. I feel like they just hired people based on their looks, because I don't know how they could have gotten information on our qualifications based on the few general questions they asked us.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe our typical Anthro customer? Describe a time when you delivered excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Display Coordinator Interview

I found the position and completed the application online. It took about a month for them to reach out to me in an email, stating that they would like for me to come in for an interview. The communication, thus far, was a little bit impersonal. The interview was scheduled between 1-3, which left me to believe that it might be a group interview. I arrived 10 min before 1, at the store downtown chicago and was kindly greeted and taken downstairs to wait on one of their display couches. It was interesting having an interview in the store while customers were shopping, which surprisingly made it much less intimidating. The overall interview was very straightforward and lasted 15 min. They asked for my portfolio, which I wrote down my website and brought a USB, but I guess it was expected of me to bring a labtop or tablet(which I don't own). Great interview and good experience. Now I know to bring in my labtop so that they can visually see the artwork which I am attempting to explain.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online. It took about three weeks to hear back. I received a call to schedule an interview, and complete the online survey. For the interview I wore teal skinny jeans, a cream crochet top, with a gray cropped sweater with teal roses layered on top, and short beige booties. I arrived to the interview early and explored the store. When it was time for the interview I was told to wait in the dressing room. The interviewer came out and we sat down on a couch in the store. It was very informal, like a conversation between friends. She asked me about my retail experience and some things on my resume. She then had me pick out an outfit that represents the brand. I had about 10 minutes, and then had to explain why i picked the outfit. TIPS: Pick a full outfit i.e. layers, shoes, accessories. It went well, and we got along great! She said she would get back to me by the end of the week. Unfortunately, I got a rejection letter email from URBN. I called the store to find out what had happened, my interviewer said she was going to hire me, but I did not pass the online survey. NOTE: When completing your survey (online, timed) only select highly agree or highly disagree options. I spread mine out and that is why i failed. Questions are easy, about stealing, customer service, showing up on time, and doing drugs on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time you had to solve a problem with a customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online, and a few days later I received an email to come in for open interviews. I had to call to reschedule, because I could not make it. The hiring manager gave me another time to come in. When I went in for my interview, I met with the hiring manager one-on-one. Although, there were multiple interviewees in the store at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • How would your best friend's mom describe you in three words?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Conducted a group interview in the store, very relaxed and comfortable. I wish it was a one on one interview but this one was not that bad. Some people were really quite so make sure you talk so you stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time you made a sale that impacted the store?   Answer Question