Anthropologie

2.3

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie.

1st interview was an open interview which is a bit of a misnomer as you have to register on line and fill in the form. Don't wait to be called though, call the store you are applying for and let them know you intend to come.
    The interview was very informal the interviewer was very friendly, we sat on the sofa in the store. Three women being interviewed all from completely different back grounds and ages. Questions were very basic, just a simple run down of your CV.

2nd interview was one on one for me again on the sofa in the store. This time it was more indepth questioning, what would you do if you saw a shoplifter in progress, how would you style a 40 something going out for Valentine's Day. Lots of questions on previous jobs and also why you would want to work for Anthro

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if yous aw a shoplifter in progress,   View Answer

I dont know yet

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview was 1 hour in duration. The expectations and job demands were explained. Then I was to "style" a look form head to toe, by walking the store and picking out an outfit that best represented me and my styling capabilities.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in February 2015.

Very simple. Few questions. Nothing hard. No dressing up a customer. Less than 30 mins. They hire everyone who walks in the door. Don't worry. You will be hired as long as you are a woman and you know how to speak.

Don't get exciting if you get an offer. It doesn't mean you are better than others, it just mean you are a backup plan.

Interview Questions

Declined after get hired. Reasons? 5 days of ON CALL?? For real? Means I could have a chance to work for 0 day. Too many employees already. They are saving us just for what if. I don't want to be someone's backup, thank you.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie.

The interview was pretty simple, they just asked about your personal sense of style and what you look for in customer service. They mostly just expect you to have a decent sense of style as well as know how to style other people, and provide great and enthusiastic customer service.

Interview Questions
    • We had 10 minutes to grab clothes from throughout the store and create an outfit for an imaginary person that we created.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie in February 2015.

Group Interview- 4 other girl interviewing for the position, we sat in the middle of the store on one of the couches, loud music that you hear in the store was on - somewhat distracting and made it hard to hear everyone in the circle; the person who interviewed us was very friendly - didn't write down any of our answers; Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply; Describe the typical Anthro customer; What inspires you; Describe a time you made a mistake; Why should we give you the job?   Answer Question

MIT (Manager In Training) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online, it took about 2 weeks to get a call to interview, and due to their office hours, I had to wait until Friday for an interview (was called on Monday). I went in on Friday about 10 minutes early to interview and they had been having some unexpected issues in the store. I was greeted multiple times, and finally ended up interviewing at about 11:45. I met with the Visual Manager first, she was really nice and welcoming, we just sat on the couch and talked for about 25 minutes, and then I interviewed with the Store Manager, also really nice. Nothing too unexpected, aside from the wait time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer that we don't already have?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online. After a week or so, they contacted me scheduling a group interview. We were just two interviewees, and I was the one who answered all the questions first in a perfect manner. I had a great interview!! They sent me the link for the online behavioral test. Long story short, they do not want to hire any minorities or immigrants. I am originally from Europe. I have been living in the States for e few years now. I have a strong sense of fashion, personal skills, special and real interest in the brand and right background for the job. I do not have language barriers. Look at their employees next time you visit Anthropologie or Free People, then you will see what I mean.
    Sorry but, this discriminatory approach is in contradiction with their vision of well rounded, world traveler customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I was called 20 minutes after dropping off a resume, and asked to come back for a group interview. They were hiring for the upcoming holiday season, so they needed to up their staff quite a bit. Easy questions, relaxed setting. I would recommend dressing "Anthro" and smiling a lot. As far as I can tell, they were looking for friendly faces with flexible schedules and an appreciation for the Anthro shopping experience.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie in January 2015.

I applied online and was sent an email a few weeks later with an ethics survey that all potential employees must pass. After this was completed, one of the store managers called me in for a one on one interview. The questions were mostly about what the brand is about and who their customer is.

Interview Questions
    • If you had unlimited money, where would you go shopping and why?   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email the next morning asking if I wanted to interview. A week later I met with the Store Manager and one manager from another location at a local coffee shop (the store is not yet open) I was the first to arrive and was surprised to find out it was a group interview as that was not mentioned in my email correspondence. It went well though, fairly simple, the two other interviewees arrived and we talked about why each of us was a good fit, what we want out of the experience, loss prevention, etc. Four days later I got a call offering me the position!