Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.3

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online after seeing the signs posted in the store. I was asked to fill out a survey about basic things like is it ok to steal and get high before work. I was then invited via email to attend a group interview. I spend a good amount of time cleaning up my resume and planning my outfit only to get a rejection email at 11:19 pm the night before the interview. I don't have any retail experience so I understand that I might not make the requirements, but they could easily see that from my application. Just wish I would have gotten a chance to interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

I submitted my resume online and interviewed at the store with about 5 other girls two weeks later. I returned for another interview at the store which was a one on one and received a job offer the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

All correspondence was through email. The day of the interview was very unorganized, they interviewed us in the middle of the store while guests walked around. Very unprofessional in my opinion, the manager was all over the place trying to figure out questions she wanted answered, which she should have done before we arrived.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Anthropologie style? Why do you want to work here? What sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

I found the opening for the position online and then was contacted about two weeks later to set up an interview. The interview was a group interview, but there were only two other people as well as the manager. He only asked us each about two questions and then gave us a tour of the store and told us a lot about the company. We then straightened out availability dates and then were done!

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Filled out an online application and got an email to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual with a couple other girls in the middle of the store. (Which I thought was strange, but Hey I guess things are done differently at Anthropologie.)

Interview Questions
    • Create an outfit for a woman who just gave birth going to take family Christmas photos.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Well the interview process was relaxed it was a group interview 5 other girls besides myself, and two interviewers they seemed nice asked few questions then left for five minutes talked and came back named 4 of the girls and told them to stay for more questioning then my name and another girl and told us we can go and they will contact us by email. Well obviously pretty clear to everyone we are not getting the job, its not the rejection part that bothered me, its the embarrassment and having all the girls look at you like "oh you do not qualify". I felt it was rude and I did not appreciate that. I truly felt embarrassed as I got up and walked out while they all stared. So that was my experience. Everything else went fine besides that.

Sales Manager Interview

The product and visuals are great. I've long admired the cohesive vision the company conveys in its floor sets, but as a shopper, never wowed by the service I received there- so it seemed like there was a lot of opportunity to ramp up the customer experience. I orginally applied for the store manager position but after the first interview, it was recommended that I interview for the position of Sales Manager. In total, I had to attend multiple interviews at different locations all over the metroplex. The interviews consisted of your usual battery of retail management questions, but also included a session where I had to pick out outfits for specific types of shoppers. Ultimately, it was this long, drawn out interview process that turned me off to the company because it was inconsiderate to make me have to go all over town to meet with so many people, wasting so much gas. It felt like decisions don't get made without consulting many others. I'd rather be a part of a company that empowers people to make their own decisions and get things done. I was offered the position- but went with another organization.

Interview Questions
    • i was asked to pick outfits for certain types of shoppers   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and filled out a style profile with questions like who is your style icon, what is your personal style, etc. I was emailed back to set up an in person interview for the next week. I was then interviewed by a manager sitting on the couch on the sales floor. Two days later I was asked back for a second interview which was much like the first. I was offered the job via phone later that day.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were hard or unexpected. Most questions were personal style and customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online for a part-time customer associate position. I got an email two days later to do an online survey, which I did. I got an email the day after that saying they wanted to meet me and gave me two times they were holding interviews. I went to the first option, and I was interviewed on a couch in the store with one other person by the store manager. She was really sweet and seemed genuinely interested in our answers to her questions, as well as answering our own questions. I prepared for the interview pretty well, and dressed very Anthropologie-y. None of the questions were out of the ordinary if you do your research- Why do you want to work here? Describe the Anthropologie aesthetic. What are areas you could improve on? Have you been trained in loss prevention? What inspires you? And other basic retail interview questions. Five days later I received a call from the store offering me a job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because they started me at more than my last job.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2014.

Store Manager called to set up interview. Interviewed the next day. Sat on the couch in the store, interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. Overall simple, straight-forward process. Still waiting to hear back and hopeful, but Glassdoor doesn't have that as an option under the "offer" section.

Interview Questions
    • Describe our target customer's hobbies, interests, and generally what she is like.   Answer Question