Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Filled out an online application and got an email to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual with a couple other girls in the middle of the store. (Which I thought was strange, but Hey I guess things are done differently at Anthropologie.)

Interview Questions
    • Create an outfit for a woman who just gave birth going to take family Christmas photos.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Well the interview process was relaxed it was a group interview 5 other girls besides myself, and two interviewers they seemed nice asked few questions then left for five minutes talked and came back named 4 of the girls and told them to stay for more questioning then my name and another girl and told us we can go and they will contact us by email. Well obviously pretty clear to everyone we are not getting the job, its not the rejection part that bothered me, its the embarrassment and having all the girls look at you like "oh you do not qualify". I felt it was rude and I did not appreciate that. I truly felt embarrassed as I got up and walked out while they all stared. So that was my experience. Everything else went fine besides that.

Sales Manager Interview

The product and visuals are great. I've long admired the cohesive vision the company conveys in its floor sets, but as a shopper, never wowed by the service I received there- so it seemed like there was a lot of opportunity to ramp up the customer experience. I orginally applied for the store manager position but after the first interview, it was recommended that I interview for the position of Sales Manager. In total, I had to attend multiple interviews at different locations all over the metroplex. The interviews consisted of your usual battery of retail management questions, but also included a session where I had to pick out outfits for specific types of shoppers. Ultimately, it was this long, drawn out interview process that turned me off to the company because it was inconsiderate to make me have to go all over town to meet with so many people, wasting so much gas. It felt like decisions don't get made without consulting many others. I'd rather be a part of a company that empowers people to make their own decisions and get things done. I was offered the position- but went with another organization.

Interview Questions
    • i was asked to pick outfits for certain types of shoppers   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and filled out a style profile with questions like who is your style icon, what is your personal style, etc. I was emailed back to set up an in person interview for the next week. I was then interviewed by a manager sitting on the couch on the sales floor. Two days later I was asked back for a second interview which was much like the first. I was offered the job via phone later that day.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were hard or unexpected. Most questions were personal style and customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online for a part-time customer associate position. I got an email two days later to do an online survey, which I did. I got an email the day after that saying they wanted to meet me and gave me two times they were holding interviews. I went to the first option, and I was interviewed on a couch in the store with one other person by the store manager. She was really sweet and seemed genuinely interested in our answers to her questions, as well as answering our own questions. I prepared for the interview pretty well, and dressed very Anthropologie-y. None of the questions were out of the ordinary if you do your research- Why do you want to work here? Describe the Anthropologie aesthetic. What are areas you could improve on? Have you been trained in loss prevention? What inspires you? And other basic retail interview questions. Five days later I received a call from the store offering me a job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because they started me at more than my last job.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2014.

Store Manager called to set up interview. Interviewed the next day. Sat on the couch in the store, interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. Overall simple, straight-forward process. Still waiting to hear back and hopeful, but Glassdoor doesn't have that as an option under the "offer" section.

Interview Questions
    • Describe our target customer's hobbies, interests, and generally what she is like.   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online and was called in for their open hire event a few days later. The manager mostly just asked questions to see if I had a proper understanding of the brand and its target demographic, and then general questions about my background and experience, why I wanted to work for them, etc. It wasn't a difficult or intimidating interview at all. At the end she let me know that she'd contact me after running a background check, and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a celebrity who would be most likely to wear our clothing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie.

When I was interviewed I talked to a manager first, she was very nice and the whole atmosphere is very inviting and open. After speaking with the manager I immediately talked with the store manager who was very engaging and actually acted like she cared and wanted to know about me. She was very sweet. The whole company atmosphere is accepting and based on customer service. It was a very happy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Create an outfit for our target customer   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to do a survey. The survey was about ethics, drugs, alcohol. The following night I received an email at 10.44pm to see if I could come in for an interview the following afternoon. Which I could make.

When I got to the store I was told to walk around the front of the store until they were ready for me. Another girl came in for the interview as well. I didn't realize it was going to be a group interview. We talked a little bit before they sat us down for the interview. It was very casual, we sat on a couch that was in the store. The interviewer would ask us a question and we each took turns answering. It was basic interview questions with a few fashion questions thrown in. Ex. What our fashion inspiration was? What our general inspirations were? Why Anthropologie? What are two words my previous employer would use to describe me.

An hour after the interview I received an email for a second interview with the store manager the next day (tomorrow). So hopefully it goes well!

Interview Questions
    • If you were to own the store how would you you want to run it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was very casual and conversational. It took them a long time to give me an estimate of when my first day would start. Overall, it was a positive experience