Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Short one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. It was very laid back and casual, they really try to make you feel as comfortable as possible in interview. I was asked basic questions about my studies, plans for the future, opinion of the store...etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the typical customer like that you see in store?   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a week or two asking if I could come in for a group interview. I interviewed with one other person. The interview was very conversational and friendly. We were asked maybe 20 questions, and then we did a styling activity. I was told I would receive a survey via email and then be called if the process was going to continue. I received and submitted the survey the next day. A couple days later, I was called in for a second interview. The second interview was also very conversational and friendly.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

group interview. asked us weird questions. i remember i thought one of the other girls definitely wouldnt be offered a job but she was.. overall the person who interviewed us (another sales person or manager) was not intimidating and it was a fun couple of hours. we also got to tour the underbelly of the store which was cool.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite thing about anthropologie? how would you describe anthropologies aesthetic?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Talked about fashion, about personal hobbies and why Anthropologie was the place for you to work and style people. It was very easy and really comfortable, not a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• If you had to style a customer, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Anthropologie (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Horrible hiring and interview process! I interviewed in October for one position but I ended up interviewing with 2 teams because they were impressed with my resume and 2 teams were interested in me! I left extras tic and they called me within 2 days to tell me I could choose either position because both teams wanted me. I choose right away and then weeks flew by where I didn't hear anything back from the talent acquisition representative. I followed up as constantly as I could without being overbearing and still trying to maintain my cool. Then I hear back saying that they are still waiting to get things confirmed. Another month later I get an email from the director saying they had to get back to me in the new year. January rolls around and I get an email from a new Talent Acquisition representative saying they were impressed with my resume and wanted to discuss a position with me. I was so confused and called her to explain where I stood. She seemed clueless as if the other TA rep I talked to was imaginary, and that I needed to come in to interview again for the same position. This should have been my first clue on how ridiculously unorganized company is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existent

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed. Multiple interactions with various members of management and weeks long waiting for response. Entire process was more than 4 months. Continued follow-up necessary to get hiring status. Seemed disorganized.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

The hiring manager called to ask if I was still interested in working for Anthropologie. I had previously applied with a different store but the pay and hours were too low for me to leave my current company. She talked to me for a total of maybe 10 minutes. She was extremely distracted and had to put me on hold a couple times because she was working on the sales floor. I have worked in retail for almost 10 years and always find it very unprofessional to interview candidates while working the sales floor. She expressed to me that they were in a hurry to get someone hired because they were short handed. She did not seem to like the fact that I told her I had to give my current company two weeks notice. That seemed really odd to me, most companies understand and encourage you to give your current company at least two weeks notice. She told me she would get back to me either way by the end of the week. It has now been over two weeks and I haven't heard a thing from her. I did a couple follow up calls and she was either not in the store or too busy to talk to me. I most likely will never apply for this company again based off this experience which is a shame because the first store I applied at was great and the Store Manager was amazing.

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Group interview in the store with a manager. It was pretty straight forward and really based on getting to know who you are as a person. They may have you go create an outfit based on a given situation. Its really easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I asked in person at a store if they were hiring and they happened to be holding a group interview the next day which I was invited to join, but still needed to submit/apply online to be in the system. I started with a group interview, and then my second interview was a smaller group interview with outfitting challenges.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the store via email for a in store interview. Arrived early and was told to take a seat in the middle of the store and the store manager would be with me in a few minutes. About 10 minutes after the interview was supposed to start, the store manger finally came over after she was just standing behind the register not doing anything other then chatting with her co workers while I waited. Had the interview in the middle of the store with people shopping around us and felt that the store manager wasn't engaged around anything that I had to say and basically made me feel like I was taking up her precious time. What a waste of time it was for the both of us and needless to say I was not interested in the job after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Very simple interview nothing out of the ordinary for a management position   Answer Question