Anthropologie

274 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Department Manager Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in March 2011.

Interview Details – One computer test/personality quiz then a face to face interview with the Store Manager, then a telephone interview with the District Manager

Interview Question – What would you do if you found out an employing did recreational drugs outside of work?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Home Department Selling Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in January 2013.

Interview Details – Super lax interview, more product oriented then that of Associate or VSA, looking for long term commitment and knowledge of company culture.

Interview Question – What do you have that your competition does not?   View Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – Applied in store and gave them my resume. They called me back and had me come in for a group interview with about 18 people. They asked questions and had everyone go around and answer them. Most of the people I interviewed with had worked retail before or had a college degree. I was the youngest one there (still in high school) and had never worked in retail and I was one of the three that got the job. Looking the part is very important for the interview!

Interview Questions

• What kind of person would you say anthropologie trying to represent?   Answer Question
  • What was your best experience with one of the sales associates at anthropologie while you were shopping there?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Anthropologie

Interview Details – Apply online, and check for open interview times for your selected location. Be on time. The process will go somewhat along these lines: Initial interview. (If there are two managers there, then your chances of a quick turn around are greater), you will receive a response within a week to ten days either via email or call back. Once hired, your orientation could be anywhere between one to three weeks.

Interview Question – There is always an outfitting exercise. You will be given only 5 minutes or so. NEVER choose an outfit that is already on a form or in a window. Be original. This is where you have you time to shine! Sell the outfit, and get creative!   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Operations MIT Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – I had a group interview with 5 or 6 other people. We met with the store manager and reviewed all the responsibilities of the sales floor position. The interview lasted about an hour. I stayed after the interview to do some shopping and was hired will trying on apparel in the dressing room!

Interview Question – The most difficult question I found was with regards to shoplifting; how you would react, what you would expect procedure to be.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied to numerous positions online.. ) visual assistant, department manager, etc,,) I have extensive retail experience ( including management, visual etc..) Only interview offers I received were for PT sales associate positions.

Additionally, their questionaires on-line are extensive.

Seemed to have great rapport with the hiring manager, but felt too fashionable for their store.

Interview Question – Interview itself was easy. "who is our target customer for this locale, where else does she shop".. etc.
Most interesting question.. Asking me to 'pick' out items for a customer who wanted his girlfriend to feel 'comfortable' for Valentine's Day.
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie in October 2012.

Interview Details – It's typically a group interview. They ask about your style inspiration, who your role model is, what you like about the company and why you think you would be a good fit. Questions are not difficult, just be enthusiastic about the brand and talk about friendly customer interactions you have had. Wear a dress or skirt, no jeans or suits. They want to see how well you will fit in with the store.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just have an idea about current fashion trends.   Answer Question

Assistant Home Department Manager Interview

Assistant Home Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in September 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and application in person. A waifish imp of a girl took it from from me and I thought I would never hear from them again. Low and behold they called me. I had an interview with the Store Manager. She set up an interview with the Visual Manager. We talked, we liked. I had an interview by phone with the District Manager and District Visual Manager. They called me back in five minutes with an offer. Took about 5 days.

Interview Question – Who is the Anthropologie customer? Umm.. I don't know. I havent started yet. It presumes familiarity and intimacy with the brand although I clearly don't shop there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I asked for so I accepted right away.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. Had a group interview and really made sure to talk about fashion and past work experience.

Interview Question – All of the questions were super easy and felt like a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set pay they pay all employees. Not much room for negotiations on pay.

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Anthropologie in February 2014.

Interview Details – The Visual Manager was friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was one on one and felt very relaxed through out.

Interview Question – If someone didn't know you, what would it say in your handbook?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anthropologie