Anthropologie

309 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Associate Interview

Customer Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – Interview took about 15 minutes and was a little rushed but pretty basic questions; they just hope that you know a little bit about the type of customers and products they have, and hope that you fit that mold as well. Was called back a few days after the interview. Orientation is straightforward and everyone is helpful when you start.

Interview Question – How would you describe the average Anthropologie customer?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went on anthropologie.com careers section. I chose Sales Associate position in Miami, and it showed that they were hiring. Picked on the store close to me. They had this little questionnaire, mainly asking about your tastes in clothing. I received an email a few days later telling me the time to come in for my interview.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and then the store manager. I was called a few hours later to tell me that I was hired!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult at all. This was my third job interview so I wasn't too nervous.
I've never been good at answering questions like "What is your best quality?" or "Why should we hire you?".
  Answer Question

The Grove, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthropologie in June 2012.

Interview Details – First half of the application process includes a group interview. This can be very frustrating because it creates a competitive atmosphere and if you are shy it is hard to get your voice heard.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straightforward and what you'd expect to be asked in a retail interview.   Answer Question

The Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was asked to complete a survey. They then emailed me inviting me to an interview. It was a group interview in the evening, and they really wanted to know about the girls, not just customer service-based stuff. They want to know who you are, why you like Anthro, who your style icon is, why Anthro, and even a fun fact, which I think caught some people off guard. I then was invited back to a second interview that same night, and accepted a time slot the following day. The second interview was with another manager, and she had us do the clothing-picking activity that others described. It was pretty easy, but I took way too long and I think that worked against me.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite designer?

If you had a store, what would YOUR customer service policy be?
  View Answer

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in May 2014.

Interview Details – I saw a sign for open interviews and I asked an employee, and she said to fill out an application online, then bring your resume to the open interview.
The interview was very informal and comfortable. The hiring manager was very warm and friendly. She asked us a few questions and then we had to pick out an outfit for someone attending a summer wedding.

Interview Question – Do you follow any fashion blogs?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Anthropologie

Interview Details – It was really straight forward and so easy going. I love all of the people that work there. Applied online, interviewed week later and then accepted a job offer within the next 24 hours.

Interview Question – What is a goal you set for yourself and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed to fill out a survey. A few days later I was brought in for an interview. It was a group interview that took place in the corner of the store and then at the end we were required to put outfits together. Very laid back.

Interview Question – What celebrity's style would you say is more similar to yours?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – applied online, takes a while to hear back. once i was called i was asked to come interview. i accepted the offer the day after i interviewed. since working here though i see that the interview process varies depending on the need of fulfillment. they hire a lot of students.

Interview Question – "if i was a bumper sticker what would i say?"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews. The first is a group interview, just make sure you really understand their brand image and market. Its important to understand that Anthropologie is a collection of very unique, global inspired pieces. Just really make sure you have a good sense of the brand, and you know how to articulate it. I was honestly surprised they offered me the job, I have had no previous retail experience.

Interview Question – 1.Give an example of exceptional customer service you have received.
2.What would you do if you saw a shopper stealing.
  View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthropologie in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email for the first interview. It was scheduled at 2pm. The manager that was interviewing the group seemed to like me and I was sent a survey request after the interview. About two days later I was sent an invitation for second interview. I thought I did well because a lot of the same questions were asked but from a different manager. Don't waste your time! I felt they wasted my time. They didn't send me a regret email but on the application status it said, "will consider you for future opportunities" Also, I have over five years experience working with people on a daily basis. It is their loss!

Interview Question – Tell me a time you made a wrong decision   Answer Question