Anthropologie

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – I applied online and within two days was contacted to set up an interview for that Friday. Since it was a group interview, there were five other people interviewing for the position as well. The questions were your basic "Tell me about yourself" and "Why Anthropologie?" I was contacted the next Monday to set up a second solo interview. I came in the next day and met with the hiring manager, who was very friendly and warm. We went through the same questions as before, but this time there were more questions concerning fashion and where I get my inspiration from. At the end of the interview, I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. It was all very laid-back and conversational. As long as you know a bit about Anthropologie beforehand and have an interest in the company, you should be good to go.   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Customer Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – Interview took about 15 minutes and was a little rushed but pretty basic questions; they just hope that you know a little bit about the type of customers and products they have, and hope that you fit that mold as well. Was called back a few days after the interview. Orientation is straightforward and everyone is helpful when you start.

Interview Question – How would you describe the average Anthropologie customer?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went on anthropologie.com careers section. I chose Sales Associate position in Miami, and it showed that they were hiring. Picked on the store close to me. They had this little questionnaire, mainly asking about your tastes in clothing. I received an email a few days later telling me the time to come in for my interview.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and then the store manager. I was called a few hours later to tell me that I was hired!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult at all. This was my third job interview so I wasn't too nervous.
I've never been good at answering questions like "What is your best quality?" or "Why should we hire you?".
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Grove, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthropologie in June 2012.

Interview Details – First half of the application process includes a group interview. This can be very frustrating because it creates a competitive atmosphere and if you are shy it is hard to get your voice heard.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straightforward and what you'd expect to be asked in a retail interview.   Answer Question

The Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was asked to complete a survey. They then emailed me inviting me to an interview. It was a group interview in the evening, and they really wanted to know about the girls, not just customer service-based stuff. They want to know who you are, why you like Anthro, who your style icon is, why Anthro, and even a fun fact, which I think caught some people off guard. I then was invited back to a second interview that same night, and accepted a time slot the following day. The second interview was with another manager, and she had us do the clothing-picking activity that others described. It was pretty easy, but I took way too long and I think that worked against me.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite designer?

If you had a store, what would YOUR customer service policy be?
  View Answer

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Anthropologie in May 2014.

Interview Details – I saw a sign for open interviews and I asked an employee, and she said to fill out an application online, then bring your resume to the open interview.
The interview was very informal and comfortable. The hiring manager was very warm and friendly. She asked us a few questions and then we had to pick out an outfit for someone attending a summer wedding.

Interview Question – Do you follow any fashion blogs?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Anthropologie

Interview Details – It was really straight forward and so easy going. I love all of the people that work there. Applied online, interviewed week later and then accepted a job offer within the next 24 hours.

Interview Question – What is a goal you set for yourself and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed to fill out a survey. A few days later I was brought in for an interview. It was a group interview that took place in the corner of the store and then at the end we were required to put outfits together. Very laid back.

Interview Question – What celebrity's style would you say is more similar to yours?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie in July 2013.

Interview Details – The initial group interview ran a little over two hours long.
I was the first to show up but didn't find it awkward to sit there because there was a huge art book on the coffee table next to me. (There is at least one great book on every table in the store.)
Slowly more and more girls started showing up.
One of the two girls I was seeming to get along with the best told me she was interning with a designer and had just graduated from parsons. The other told me that she was studying architecture and interior design at Tulane University.
I was relieved that we all shared similar interests and that no one really came off as pretentious or deeply conservative. All open minded lovely ladies.
There was one girl who showed up in all black, super high stilettos, lots of gold necklaces, and a flashy chanel crossbody who everyone just seemed to ignore.
Another showed up 30 minutes late and interrupted the interview. She wore a worn out green tank top and medium dark wash jeans with sandals.
Neither one of them got hired.
Everyone else present was either wearing a maxi or an above the knee a-line dress from the store, excluding myself.
I wore mustard yellow corduroy pants, a gray knitted pullover with a small embroidered otter on it, and dark brown oxfords.
I later found out that they take the anthro dress code very seriously.

We all sat in a small circle on two little couches kind of like we were at a book club meeting. It was all very casual and cutesy.
The manager who was interviewing us held a clipboard with what I imagined held a note pad with everyone's name on it. She would ask the group one open ended question , point towards someone sitting in the circle , ask for them to start us off, and then go around until everyone had a chance to respond. Each time asking a new girl to start off the conversation. The questions ranged in topic and lasted about an hour and a half.
Some questions included;
Name a time in your life you received excellent customer service and why you appreciated that.
What do you think makes Anthropologie different from other retailers?
Who are some of your style icons and why?
Tell us about something you do in your spare time that most might not.
Its very important for them to know that you are cultured and will bring something unique to their work place.
The last part of the interview consists of you picking out an outfit for a hypothetical customer.
They give you a little card with what she needs and what she expects and you get to browse the store and pick out the perfect outfit.
The tricky part is that they only give you five minutes to do so. I think its so they can weave out the people who can work well under pressure and can work well with any type of customer regardless of her age or background.

Interview Question – What do you think the Anthro customer does in her free time? What does she like? What is her age? and Why does she come here?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview Details – applied online, takes a while to hear back. once i was called i was asked to come interview. i accepted the offer the day after i interviewed. since working here though i see that the interview process varies depending on the need of fulfillment. they hire a lot of students.

Interview Question – "if i was a bumper sticker what would i say?"   Answer Question