Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy in person interview at the store. contacted about 1 week after i submitted my online application. Asked about previous retail experience and how I would handle busy days at the store. Also who are my favorite style icons and how i would describe my personal style

Interview Questions

• Sent on a little scavenger hunt to find an appropriate dress for a customer that is going to a wedding   Answer Question

Visual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Anthropologie (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were two steps: I was interviewed by the store manager first. It went well, the manager was very nice and friendly. Then I was scheduled an interview by 5 days later with the visual team manager. My portfolio helped a lot and the visual manager seems like it. Now I'm still waiting for the answer, hope I can get the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Corona, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. i received a call asking if i would be open for doing a group interview, at my interview it was only me and two other applicants. We met with the hiring manager and had the interview in-store. overall the interview process as very low-key.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online and got email the next day to an interview being held 2 days later. A bit short notice but no appt necessary just need to go in between the hours of 10 and 4:30. very casual interview done at the corner of store. It's a good idea to bring a copy of the resume because the person interviewing didn't seem to know who's coming in for the job. very general questions like describe your background, why anthropologies etc. Was told I should hear back within the following week.

Visual Display Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

So far, I have only had a preliminary phone screening, but was invited in for an interview. The manager sounded very competent and willing to work with me and seemed genuinely interested in setting up an interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my qualifications for the job given that it is very hands on and requires skills with power tools and hand tools and is very art based.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Group Interview with 7 girls. Everyone had a chance to answer each question. Interviewer did not write down any of our names of take any notes during the interview. Questions were easy retail questions. We were asked to write down our availability at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online -- they suggested it. I received an email asking me to complete an opinion survey. 3 days later, I got an email asking me to come in for an interview the following Monday, and to bring a copy of my resume. I got there, and surprisingly it was one on one. The girl was a little intimidating but she seemed to get nicer as it went on. We just talked about myself, Anthro, etc, and then I had to pick out an outfit for a scenario. It was pretty easy. That night, I got an email that they had accepted me! Be prepared with your availability, and also you have to work at least part of a weekend.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

(Woodlands Mall) Very relaxed. Read the interviews, you'll be ok. Open interview. I thought a ton of people would go but it ended up just being me & 1 other girl. 2 people interviewed us. They sat on a couch & we sat in fold chairs. They were really nice, told us a little about the store & let us ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are lucky?   Answer Question
    • Name one difficult situation you've dealt with on a job & how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • How is your closet organized?   Answer Question
    • If your friends or family were to describe one thing about you what would you say it would be?   Answer Question
    • They asked us to each pick out an outfit & come up with a scenario for the outfit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very friendly one-on-one interview. If you are passionate about the brand and the Anthro customer, you should be fine. It is a friendly and customer-based company and they expect you to act like so.

Interview Questions

• Who is the Anthro girl? Why do you want to work at Anthropologie?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an open interview. The manager was nice and asked question all listed on other interview reviews. She also had me go choose an outfit I would wear to a bridal shower. I received an email a few days later saying that they decided to go with someone else.