Anthropologie Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to do a survey. The survey was about ethics, drugs, alcohol. The following night I received an email at 10.44pm to see if I could come in for an interview the following afternoon. Which I could make.

When I got to the store I was told to walk around the front of the store until they were ready for me. Another girl came in for the interview as well. I didn't realize it was going to be a group interview. We talked a little bit before they sat us down for the interview. It was very casual, we sat on a couch that was in the store. The interviewer would ask us a question and we each took turns answering. It was basic interview questions with a few fashion questions thrown in. Ex. What our fashion inspiration was? What our general inspirations were? Why Anthropologie? What are two words my previous employer would use to describe me.

An hour after the interview I received an email for a second interview with the store manager the next day (tomorrow). So hopefully it goes well!

Interview Questions
    • If you were to own the store how would you you want to run it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online through their website and got an email inviting me to a group interview a couple of days later. The first interview was fairly simple and they asked us about our fashion icons and what aesthetic we thought we represented. I received an email inviting me to a second interview about a week later where there was about 5 other girls and we were asked to style an outfit based on scenarios given to us. After the interview I was sent a link to an online questionnaire and called about a week later to be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was my first job offer and I was really excited. I think that if you have greater experience you can negotiate.

Temp Sales Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie in December 2013.

Very laborious effort put forward to work even on a temporary status with this retailer! There were initial phone calls, then an open interview with other prospects and then a call back that involved styling outfits for invented situations and customers. Overall, a good process, but it seemed bias and a bit juvenile. Lots of pressure to make sure candidate was "Anthro" material...

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself fitting into the 'culture' of The company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie in November 2013.

Received email with date of group interview. Group interview was very informal. Asked questions about the anthropologie aesthetic, why you want to work there, describe your approach to customer service. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • During the second interview, it started out by putting together a holiday outfit head to toe and presenting it.   Answer Question
    Received a telephone call 2 hours after the second interview with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2013.

I applied online and was invited to their open interview session about a week later. Interviewed with eight other girls. The interviewer was friendly and nice but didn't seem to take any notes nor mention anything about the survey (maybe she only emailed it to qualified applications, not sure). Lasted about an hour in total. No difficult questions, very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you you want to work at Anthropologie?
      Describe good customer service.
      Why should we hire you?
      Sell your outfit to me.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2013.

I was contacted for a group interview I didn't go because I was misled to believe that the job was permanent instead of seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in September 2013.

1st interview: general overview of your skills, love of Anthropologie, and work history. Be sure to be able to say why you love Anthropologie
    2nd interview: Fashion challenge. You are given a scenario of a customer and must find an outfit that suits that scenario and then present that to the group. Be sure to know what clothing is suitable for different ages and body types.
    Both were group interviews with about 7-9 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anthropologie.

The overall atmosphere was nice and laid back. The interviewer was awesome and she created an inviting interview environment. She wasn't rigid and she made everything more relaxed. The questions were straight to the point and something you'ld expect, "Why anthro?" "Describe your first anthro experience", "Who is the anthro shopper?", "describe yourself" etc.

Display Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie in April 2012.

I applied online, went through two phone interviews and then had an in-person interview. The whole process was very helpful and not too complicated. Unfortunately they filled the position internally, but the visual manager told me to re-apply. She was very helpful and was more than happy to answer my questions about how I had done when she called to say the position had been filled. She really helped me figure out what areas I needed to work on and what areas I had done well in.

Interview Questions
    • What blogs and magazines reflect the Anthropologie aesthetic?   Answer Question

Display Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie in April 2011.

I interviewed for the position of Display Coordinator, and did not fully understand the position until the interview ( I imagined merchandising was part of the job, but it's not). I still mostly qualified for the job, but there were a few concerns. The main concerns were that I was an "outsider", meaning that I had management experience from other companies and not Urban Outfitters, and the second concern was my lack of power tool experience. All other areas I pretty much aced. I was given a second interview along with a "homework" assignment to bring a week from the day we first interviewed. I never went to the second interview though. I was called and informed with two days from the 1st interview that they had hired from within.

Pros:
    The job seems fun, creative and challenging in a good way.
    The manager was approachable and helpful.

Cons:
    The manager didn't remember our scheduled interview and was sort of surprised.
    I don't think the manager had revised my resume or portfolio. She didn't seem prepared.
    I was frustrated that they would give me an assignment for the second interview (that required time and money) just to end up hiring from with in without seeing what I could offer. That was disappointing.