Anthropologie Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I asked in person at a store if they were hiring and they happened to be holding a group interview the next day which I was invited to join, but still needed to submit/apply online to be in the system. I started with a group interview, and then my second interview was a smaller group interview with outfitting challenges.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I'm still in the process but so far it is pleasant. Applied online, got an email asking me to interview. Came in and had an easy conversation about my experience. I am now working on a "lookbook" project for my 2nd meeting which will be a working interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you face when it comes to designing spaces?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the store website. They sent me a survey to take a couple days later. Then a week after that, they asked me to come in for an interview. The interview was a group interview with two other people. It was very casual. It took place on the couch in the middle of the store. The interview was very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• 1. If we were to contact your past employer, what would they say were your three strengths and what would they say was something you needed to improve on?   Answer Question

Display Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, HireVue video interview, in person interview. They hire from within often so my position was filled by an internal hire. They were great about keeping my resume on file and reaching out about similar opportunities in different locations.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about three weeks, which was too long if you ask me. I completed the online application, a week later I received the online assessment and after completing that I received an open interview invitations five days later. The open interview is engaging and not overwhelming, do your research and be comfortable with the company style and demographics. A few days after that I received a call for an interview with the general manager. I thought for sure I'd be in the running to be hired, after all I did excel in the open interview and made myself known and I do have plenty of retail experience and fit in with the overall Anthropologie style. My interview was scheduled for 3 pm, so I arrived timely and fifteen minutes early, however, once I got there the general manager who called to set up the interview made it seem like I was late and accused me of it too. For reasons, I will never know her schedule was changed and she was under the impression that the interview would start at 2:30 pm. In turn they put me in an uncomfortable position, accused me of being late when I was early, and I did my best to answer all her questions under the pressure of only having ten minutes to interview because she rudely let me know she had to be back on the floor by 3 pm. By far the worst interview experience of my life. It was so unprofessional to accuse someone of being late when it reality your schedule changed and I was not given the proper opportunity to interview. I've never been late in my life for anything.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to do a survey. The survey was about ethics, drugs, alcohol. The following night I received an email at 10.44pm to see if I could come in for an interview the following afternoon. Which I could make.

When I got to the store I was told to walk around the front of the store until they were ready for me. Another girl came in for the interview as well. I didn't realize it was going to be a group interview. We talked a little bit before they sat us down for the interview. It was very casual, we sat on a couch that was in the store. The interviewer would ask us a question and we each took turns answering. It was basic interview questions with a few fashion questions thrown in. Ex. What our fashion inspiration was? What our general inspirations were? Why Anthropologie? What are two words my previous employer would use to describe me.

An hour after the interview I received an email for a second interview with the store manager the next day (tomorrow). So hopefully it goes well!

Interview Questions

• If you were to own the store how would you you want to run it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I applied online through their website and got an email inviting me to a group interview a couple of days later. The first interview was fairly simple and they asked us about our fashion icons and what aesthetic we thought we represented. I received an email inviting me to a second interview about a week later where there was about 5 other girls and we were asked to style an outfit based on scenarios given to us. After the interview I was sent a link to an online questionnaire and called about a week later to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because it was my first job offer and I was really excited. I think that if you have greater experience you can negotiate.

Temp Sales Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie (Pasadena, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very laborious effort put forward to work even on a temporary status with this retailer! There were initial phone calls, then an open interview with other prospects and then a call back that involved styling outfits for invented situations and customers. Overall, a good process, but it seemed bias and a bit juvenile. Lots of pressure to make sure candidate was "Anthro" material...

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into the 'culture' of The company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Received email with date of group interview. Group interview was very informal. Asked questions about the anthropologie aesthetic, why you want to work there, describe your approach to customer service. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• During the second interview, it started out by putting together a holiday outfit head to toe and presenting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a telephone call 2 hours after the second interview with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie (Pasadena, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to their open interview session about a week later. Interviewed with eight other girls. The interviewer was friendly and nice but didn't seem to take any notes nor mention anything about the survey (maybe she only emailed it to qualified applications, not sure). Lasted about an hour in total. No difficult questions, very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you you want to work at Anthropologie?
      Describe good customer service.
      Why should we hire you?