Anthropologie Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2014.

The entire process took about three weeks, which was too long if you ask me. I completed the online application, a week later I received the online assessment and after completing that I received an open interview invitations five days later. The open interview is engaging and not overwhelming, do your research and be comfortable with the company style and demographics. A few days after that I received a call for an interview with the general manager. I thought for sure I'd be in the running to be hired, after all I did excel in the open interview and made myself known and I do have plenty of retail experience and fit in with the overall Anthropologie style. My interview was scheduled for 3 pm, so I arrived timely and fifteen minutes early, however, once I got there the general manager who called to set up the interview made it seem like I was late and accused me of it too. For reasons, I will never know her schedule was changed and she was under the impression that the interview would start at 2:30 pm. In turn they put me in an uncomfortable position, accused me of being late when I was early, and I did my best to answer all her questions under the pressure of only having ten minutes to interview because she rudely let me know she had to be back on the floor by 3 pm. By far the worst interview experience of my life. It was so unprofessional to accuse someone of being late when it reality your schedule changed and I was not given the proper opportunity to interview. I've never been late in my life for anything.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to do a survey. The survey was about ethics, drugs, alcohol. The following night I received an email at 10.44pm to see if I could come in for an interview the following afternoon. Which I could make.

When I got to the store I was told to walk around the front of the store until they were ready for me. Another girl came in for the interview as well. I didn't realize it was going to be a group interview. We talked a little bit before they sat us down for the interview. It was very casual, we sat on a couch that was in the store. The interviewer would ask us a question and we each took turns answering. It was basic interview questions with a few fashion questions thrown in. Ex. What our fashion inspiration was? What our general inspirations were? Why Anthropologie? What are two words my previous employer would use to describe me.

An hour after the interview I received an email for a second interview with the store manager the next day (tomorrow). So hopefully it goes well!

Interview Questions
    • If you were to own the store how would you you want to run it?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online through their website and got an email inviting me to a group interview a couple of days later. The first interview was fairly simple and they asked us about our fashion icons and what aesthetic we thought we represented. I received an email inviting me to a second interview about a week later where there was about 5 other girls and we were asked to style an outfit based on scenarios given to us. After the interview I was sent a link to an online questionnaire and called about a week later to be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was my first job offer and I was really excited. I think that if you have greater experience you can negotiate.

Temp Sales Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Anthropologie in December 2013.

Very laborious effort put forward to work even on a temporary status with this retailer! There were initial phone calls, then an open interview with other prospects and then a call back that involved styling outfits for invented situations and customers. Overall, a good process, but it seemed bias and a bit juvenile. Lots of pressure to make sure candidate was "Anthro" material...

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself fitting into the 'culture' of The company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie in November 2013.

Received email with date of group interview. Group interview was very informal. Asked questions about the anthropologie aesthetic, why you want to work there, describe your approach to customer service. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • During the second interview, it started out by putting together a holiday outfit head to toe and presenting it.   Answer Question
    Received a telephone call 2 hours after the second interview with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2013.

I applied online and was invited to their open interview session about a week later. Interviewed with eight other girls. The interviewer was friendly and nice but didn't seem to take any notes nor mention anything about the survey (maybe she only emailed it to qualified applications, not sure). Lasted about an hour in total. No difficult questions, very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you you want to work at Anthropologie?
      Describe good customer service.
      Why should we hire you?
      Sell your outfit to me.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in October 2013.

I was contacted for a group interview I didn't go because I was misled to believe that the job was permanent instead of seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie in September 2013.

1st interview: general overview of your skills, love of Anthropologie, and work history. Be sure to be able to say why you love Anthropologie
    2nd interview: Fashion challenge. You are given a scenario of a customer and must find an outfit that suits that scenario and then present that to the group. Be sure to know what clothing is suitable for different ages and body types.
    Both were group interviews with about 7-9 people.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Anthropologie.

The overall atmosphere was nice and laid back. The interviewer was awesome and she created an inviting interview environment. She wasn't rigid and she made everything more relaxed. The questions were straight to the point and something you'ld expect, "Why anthro?" "Describe your first anthro experience", "Who is the anthro shopper?", "describe yourself" etc.

Display Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie in April 2012.

I applied online, went through two phone interviews and then had an in-person interview. The whole process was very helpful and not too complicated. Unfortunately they filled the position internally, but the visual manager told me to re-apply. She was very helpful and was more than happy to answer my questions about how I had done when she called to say the position had been filled. She really helped me figure out what areas I needed to work on and what areas I had done well in.

Interview Questions
    • What blogs and magazines reflect the Anthropologie aesthetic?   Answer Question