Anthropologie

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie.

The interview was pretty simple, they just asked about your personal sense of style and what you look for in customer service. They mostly just expect you to have a decent sense of style as well as know how to style other people, and provide great and enthusiastic customer service.

Interview Questions
  • We had 10 minutes to grab clothes from throughout the store and create an outfit for an imaginary person that we created.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anthropologie

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I applied online. After a week or so, they contacted me scheduling a group interview. We were just two interviewees, and I was the one who answered all the questions first in a perfect manner. I had a great interview!! They sent me the link for the online behavioral test. Long story short, they do not want to hire any minorities or immigrants. I am originally from Europe. I have been living in the States for e few years now. I have a strong sense of fashion, personal skills, special and real interest in the brand and right background for the job. I do not have language barriers. Look at their employees next time you visit Anthropologie or Free People, then you will see what I mean.
    Sorry but, this discriminatory approach is in contradiction with their vision of well rounded, world traveler customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie.

I was called 20 minutes after dropping off a resume, and asked to come back for a group interview. They were hiring for the upcoming holiday season, so they needed to up their staff quite a bit. Easy questions, relaxed setting. I would recommend dressing "Anthro" and smiling a lot. As far as I can tell, they were looking for friendly faces with flexible schedules and an appreciation for the Anthro shopping experience.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie in January 2015.

I applied online and was sent an email a few weeks later with an ethics survey that all potential employees must pass. After this was completed, one of the store managers called me in for a one on one interview. The questions were mostly about what the brand is about and who their customer is.

Interview Questions
    • If you had unlimited money, where would you go shopping and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

Easy interview...asked expected questions about core customer, work ethic, and interest in company. Interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to. Be sure to wear "anthro style" clothes not a business suit

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online and it took about 2 days for a response. Interview was with the hiring manager. I was made to feel at ease and she took a real interest in me.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Anthropologie in November 2014.

I received and email just the day after I applied. The interview was in the store in the middle of the customers and with 3 other applicants, what I found a little bit uncomfortable. The interview was for a little over 45 min. They only asked simple things about your perception of the brand and how is the personality of a common customer of the store. The whole interview was improvised and somewhat disorganized.

Interview Questions

I started my own business

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Anthropologie.

I submitted my resume online and interviewed at the store with about 5 other girls two weeks later. I returned for another interview at the store which was a one on one and received a job offer the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Anthropologie.

All correspondence was through email. The day of the interview was very unorganized, they interviewed us in the middle of the store while guests walked around. Very unprofessional in my opinion, the manager was all over the place trying to figure out questions she wanted answered, which she should have done before we arrived.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Anthropologie style? Why do you want to work here? What sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Anthropologie.

When I was interviewed I talked to a manager first, she was very nice and the whole atmosphere is very inviting and open. After speaking with the manager I immediately talked with the store manager who was very engaging and actually acted like she cared and wanted to know about me. She was very sweet. The whole company atmosphere is accepting and based on customer service. It was a very happy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Create an outfit for our target customer   View Answer