Anthropologie Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.3

141 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Anthropologie.

When I was interviewed I talked to a manager first, she was very nice and the whole atmosphere is very inviting and open. After speaking with the manager I immediately talked with the store manager who was very engaging and actually acted like she cared and wanted to know about me. She was very sweet. The whole company atmosphere is accepting and based on customer service. It was a very happy interview.

Interview Questions
  • Create an outfit for our target customer   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Anthropologie

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was very casual and conversational. It took them a long time to give me an estimate of when my first day would start. Overall, it was a positive experience

Sales Associate Interview

I did a group interview. Questions asked included, "Why do you come to Anthropologie?" and "How do you describe the aesthetic?" Friendly staff and easy going atmosphere but hard to stand out with such a big group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

I applied online and was sent a survey. Upon completion of the survey, I was called to set up an interview. I was greeted at the store and asked to sit, after a lengthy wait the manager sat down with me to ask questions. She asked me about the qualities of Anthro, why I thought I'd fit in, ways that I've dealt with challenging customers and ways that I go above and beyond at my job.

Interview Questions
    • A mock sales situation where the manager posted as a customer and you guide her through the selling process.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2014.

I applied online at the end of July and they called me two weeks into August to schedule an interview. When I arrived they had seemed to have forgotten about my interview which made me slightly wary of the work environment. However my interviewer was really nice and seemed genuinely interested in me and the things I had to say. Working in retail you'll begin to understand that his is very important. She asked a few questions about Anthropologie and their target client and what other places the target client would shop. She was excited to know that I had a background in furniture and furniture textiles considering Anthropologie also sells bedding. I left super excited and awaiting a second interview. I received a call the next day asking me to come in for my second interview the following day with the store manager. She was the kindest manager I've ever met. She only asked me two questions about Anthropologie and asked me a bunch of questions about my interests and what I like to do. It was nothing like a typical interview! It was more like gaining a new friend in class kind of experience which I really enjoyed. The environment in the store seemed super relaxing and the girls were really nice while I was waiting to be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your fashion Role Model?
      Where do you get your inspiration from?
        View Answer
    We never really talked about the pay rate but since I am leaving a job for this one she was kind enough to match my pay rate at my current job and actually gave me a bit more!

Sales Associate Interview

I felt like there was a lot of competition for this position but the interview was not intimidating. You just need to show that you know how to close sales and that you have an interest in fashion.

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary, they asked the standard questions such as why I wanted to work for Anthropologie, my history with sales, how I handle difficult customers and my willingness to work evenings and weekends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Anthropologie.

Open interviews are held a couple of times a week usually in groups and if they like you they will bring you in for a second interview. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was very warm and inviting, it really made me want to work there even more.

Interview Questions
    • I had to pick out an outfit during my second interview which kind of puts you on the spot   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Anthropologie in July 2014.

I interviewed at the Anthropologie in Little Rock, AR at The Promenade. I applied online, and got an email like 4 hours later asking me to come in for an interview a week later. I got there about 15 minutes early, so I had to wait. The store manager came out and interviewed me, and she was incredibly nice and fun to talk to. She asked a lot of customer service questions and style questions. I had to do the styling challenge, which was a little difficult just because I wasn't given a lot of time and wasn't super familiar with this seasons clothing.

It ended up going great though! She sent me the online survey to fill out which IS PASS OR FAIL. It says on the website its not, but it definitely is. The questions were interesting and some were almost trick questions. I was pretty black and white.

I got a call the next day from the hiring manager who told me that she just wanted to get to know me a little better and asked me some questions about myself. She told me the store manager really liked me and that she was excited to meet me! She offered me the job and told me that she would send me an email regarding times for orientation and training for the following week!

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite article of clothing in your closet? if someone were looking at it in the store, how would you sell it?
      Survey question: Do you think someone who has worked for the company for a long time and has a high position should receive special treatment?
      What is LP? (Loss Prevention: stealing, etc.)
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, she offered me less than my previous jobs salary, but I couldn't ask for higher in a starting position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Anthropologie in July 2014.

Applied online, later that day was offered to join open interview the next day. Group of about five interviewees answering questions and talking about customer service experience. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, just talking about yourself and the Anthropologie brand. There was an opportunity to ask questions. I would suggest dressing more on brand as opposed to what you would wear to a typical job interview.

Sales Associate Interview

It was really straight forward and so easy going. I love all of the people that work there. Applied online, interviewed week later and then accepted a job offer within the next 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is a goal you set for yourself and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Worked for Anthropologie? Contribute to the Community!