Anton Paar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Prosuct Specialist Interview

Prosuct Specialist
Ashland, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Anton Paar.

Interview Details – had a phone interview- the experience was lacking professionalism on their part. My phone interview was to start at 10am- I did not receive a call- at 10:20am I emailed the hiring manager reminding him of the call (I had a second interview to drive to that day). He called at 10:40am with zero apologies. His excuse was the CEO was in his office. Professionals would tell a CEO- they are to have a phone call and at least email the person to let them know you would be late. Went thru questions- typical background informaiton. When asked about my salary requirements and I answered I was told it was too much. Never got a follow up call or email saying what the next step was or was not going to be. I never got follow up of- you dont have the job. I did however receive 3 weeks later an email asking me to fill out an application ( for their files). I declined.If management cannot respect the time of their prospective employees, I find it hard to respect the management of such a company.

Flag Interview

Anton Paar VP, Sales & Marketing responded to this review

Jun 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to treat all candidates with the utmost respect during the hiring process. In your case, it is clear that this was not the case, and I would like to ... More

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative
Ashland, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Anton Paar.

Interview Details – There is a phone interview followed up by a face-to-face in Ashland (near Richmond, VA). I was walked around to see their facilities and introduced to several people. The CEO came in towards the end and spent about 10 minutes with me including a couple of brain teaser questions. I think the point here was not to lose your cool. Went to lunch with the sales manager and CEO (good sign I thought) then back to airport and home. Had offer a day or two later.

Interview Question – The brain teasers got me but I won't give the answers here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't budge on commission...gave a little on base but not much. They will push on their good health plan and other benefits which are real....I just didn't agree with how much they valued some of them at.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Anton Paar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anton Paar interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Anton Paar employees and interview candidates.