Anvil Corp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
Billings, MT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Anvil Corp in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted directly for a telephone interview by manager at Billings, MT office. Right away informed of another telephone interview with manager at main office in Washington. First interview was mainly asking about my professional experience and proficiency with relevant software. Second had general inquiry about visa status, joining availability and information on benefits and compensation.

Interview Question – Familiarity with Mathcad and RISA3D   Answer Question

Piping Designer Interview

Piping Designer
Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Anvil Corp in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews are fairly short and simple based on the fact that many contract workers are employed in the piping design department. The content of your resume is very important and experience in different aspects of refinery, pipeline and upstream should be clearly defined.This industry is cyclic, so timing is important in getting a job with this company. Knowing a current or past employee will also go a long way in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Although they never asked any questions about design situations, they did ask about my willingness to travel on short notice.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed.

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview Details – Meet at a career fair. Asked a lot of behavioral questions (ie: talk about a time when you had a conflict and how do you deal with it OR talk about a time you had a difference of opinion). Took about a month to get a response back. Interviewers were really kind and enjoyable. Definitely both really enjoyed their jobs.

Interview Question – Asked to draw on and discuss how I would design a pipeline from point A to point B over a unknown surface. I think it was about logic/reasoning.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bozeman, MT

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview Details – It was very informal. I was interviewed at a career fair at one of the universities that they recruit at (Montana State, Washington State, Colorado SoM). During the introduction phase before I interviewed is when I think most of the assessment went on. They told me right there on the spot that they were going to be calling me for an interview. I then was told in the interview that they were going to be calling me with an offer. They conveyed a lot about the company culture in the interview and it really put me at ease with the whole process.

Interview Question – They asked some general technical questions and questions to try to gauge how well you would interact with a client. They weren't trying to trick you, just trying to assess likability   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was more of a "here's what we're going to offer you" than a negotiation. It was the first job I had so I was a little leary of how to negotiate. I probably could have gotten a bit more. If you don't have a competing job offer and you're freshly graduating, they will probably try to bring you on as an "intern" for 6 months. If you can negotiate into them hiring you much more quickly than this it will benefit you as interns get paid far less (almost 30% less) and don't get *any benefits.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Bellingham, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Anvil Corp in August 2013.

Interview Details – There were two interviewers and we had lunch then went back to one of their offices to look at some photos and line drawings.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult.   Answer Question

Lead Process Engineer Interview

Lead Process Engineer
Bellingham, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a recruiter. I initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager, Bill who had a detailed copy of my resume. My background has been in all phases of chemical engineering: detailed design, startup & commissioning, operations troubleshooting, and process optimization. However, most of the background has been in polysilicon and not in refinery. Personally I feel that both are closely related. So when Bill called, he asked me a question on relief valve sizing. After that, he was mostly discussing about how his company had a potential opportunity to work in polysilicon but couldn't get into that business. More or less general market dynamics. He concluded the phone call conversation but stating that since I didn't have the refinery experience, he would only hire me if they had polysilicon project. Apparently he knew that from very beginning. So, it was a total waste of time discussing with him. Guess what: I took up the next job in a refinery. I hope Anvil Corp will know in the future that chemical engineering fundamentals do not change from industry to industry and they better look at the resume more thoroughly rather than wasting the candidates time.

Interview Question – The hiring manager was talking more about the general market dynamics rather than about the company or the position.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview Details – I think I went into the company through a "backdoor".

Interview Question – I didn't really get any big questions asked. It was more of a "how does your personality fit into this company? Can we train you? Will you be a good leader?"   Answer Question

Richmond, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Anvil Corp in August 2010.

Interview Details – Did phone interview first. Very general questions nothing technical. After 10 days scheduled 1:1 interview with Manager. They have a standard interview question format so that all candidates can be compared on the same scale.

Questions are typical - describe what you have done? Give examples of so and so that you have done...example disagreement with co-worker/manager, etc.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Anvil Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anvil Corp interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Anvil Corp employees and interview candidates.