Anytime Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Anytime Fitness.

Interview Details – in person panel interview describing job roles and job duties. Phone interview as well. Be prepared to present a positive image of yourself and your work and be appropriately groomed and dressed.

Interview Question – wasn't one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – make sure you can work the corporate recommended hours of roughly 9am-7pm Monday through Friday and 10am-5pm Sat and potential of Sunday Appt.

Club Manager Interview

Club Manager
Aberdeen, SD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anytime Fitness in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and received a call from the regional manager the following day. We scheduled the interview for later in the week. The interview would be better classified as a good conversation and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Interview Question – There was not one. However, I was very disappointed as the interviewer insisted that he would contact me either way when he made his decision.   View Answer

Club Manager Interview

Club Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anytime Fitness.

Interview Details – Only two interviews total. Pretty straightforward, nothing too unexpected. Interview went from a more formal interview to very casual somewhat quickly. Ensures candidate has proper experience, then casual conversation to make sure the candidate has a passion for the industry. Also to ensure their personality will fit well within the company.

Interview Question – No questions that stand out as being particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little to no negotiating. Pretty much, this is what it is, take it or leave it.

Personal Trainer/Group Instructor Interview

Personal Trainer/Group Instructor
Fraser, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Anytime Fitness in November 2013.

Interview Details – Anytime is selective. They want the best people they can find in their club, for a good reason. I met with the club manager, then the regional manager. They made sure we were on the same page and made sure I knew what to expect.

Interview Question – They did not try to throw any curve balls my way. They just made sure I was legit, and knew what I was talking about   Answer Question

Architectural Technician Interview

Architectural Technician
Hastings, MN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Anytime Fitness.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview process. Consisted of 3 rounds: First- phone screening, Second- onsite interview with manager, Third- Onsite interview with director.

Interview Question – How would you handle a franchise conflict?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Towson, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Anytime Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – One on one interview in office. Management was looking for outgoing personality types. Wanted to know why I was interested in the position. How would I contribute to the company. What separated me from other applicants.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked on spot how would I go about generating more members. What would work best to draw in new gym members.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What type of schedule was I looking for. (you can suggest whatever, but it won't likely be what you'll get)

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Pearland, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Anytime Fitness in July 2011.

Interview Details – unprofessional experience..

owner did a phone interview asking a series of questions on my past fitness experience and said i would get a call to further process for a 1 on 1. never received a call back. waited several weeks to hear a response by email after i had to email him several times. owner lets me know they hired a previous gm from another anytime fitness to run his club. 2 months later same owner emails me back to inform me the person he hired is moving to north carolina and i was a good candidate besides that guy. i emailed him back and still no response. another month passes and i followed up with him and owner had the nerve to say he hired someone else because he thought i wasnt interested anymore. how would you know im not interested if you dont contact me? needless to say, i chose not to pursue opportunities with this company any further, due to incompetency in organization.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Anytime Fitness in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview after responding to a career posting.
1 face to face w/ 1 of the 2 owners
1 more face to face with both owners present

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate base salary of 26,500/yr. After 30days of showing the owners my capabilities, the owners bumped me up to a base salary of 28,600/yr(not including commission).
THIS WAS AWESOME.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Anytime Fitness in October 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with and met an owner of a few franchises of Anytime Fitness. Had 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. Very nice people and open to ideas to generate new business.

Interview Question – How much do you know about fitness?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Franchise location that I would be running was in a small town with not a huge amount of opportunity to boost memberships much. The other thing that really bothered me about the position is that there are cameras throughout the club and I was told by another person who managed a nearby location that the owners will randomly watch what you are doing during work hours and that creeped me out...NOT that I would be screwing off and not doing my job, but I do not like the idea of the cameras watching everything.

Worked for Anytime Fitness? Contribute to the Community!