Anytime Fitness

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.1

Sales Interview

In todays job market you must be competitive. Think shock and awe don't be afraid to be a LITTLE cocky. Don't be conceaded be convinced. Always dress a step above what you are applying for. Use the power of the internet to find out as much as you can about who you are applying to. Not just the company but the person conducting the interview and the person making the hiring decision. You have one objective to get a 2nd interview and be SURE to send a thank you note.

Interview Questions
    • why did you leave last job or explain career gaps   View Answer

Unsatisfied with compensation package

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Anytime Fitness.

in person panel interview describing job roles and job duties. Phone interview as well. Be prepared to present a positive image of yourself and your work and be appropriately groomed and dressed.

Interview Questions
    make sure you can work the corporate recommended hours of roughly 9am-7pm Monday through Friday and 10am-5pm Sat and potential of Sunday Appt.

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Anytime Fitness in April 2014.

Submitted resume and received a call from the regional manager the following day. We scheduled the interview for later in the week. The interview would be better classified as a good conversation and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one. However, I was very disappointed as the interviewer insisted that he would contact me either way when he made his decision.   View Answer

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anytime Fitness.

Only two interviews total. Pretty straightforward, nothing too unexpected. Interview went from a more formal interview to very casual somewhat quickly. Ensures candidate has proper experience, then casual conversation to make sure the candidate has a passion for the industry. Also to ensure their personality will fit well within the company.

Interview Questions
    • No questions that stand out as being particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was very little to no negotiating. Pretty much, this is what it is, take it or leave it.

Personal Trainer/Group Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fraser, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fraser, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Anytime Fitness in November 2013.

Anytime is selective. They want the best people they can find in their club, for a good reason. I met with the club manager, then the regional manager. They made sure we were on the same page and made sure I knew what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • They did not try to throw any curve balls my way. They just made sure I was legit, and knew what I was talking about   Answer Question

Architectural Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Anytime Fitness.

Very laid back interview process. Consisted of 3 rounds: First- phone screening, Second- onsite interview with manager, Third- Onsite interview with director.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Anytime Fitness in May 2012.

One on one interview in office. Management was looking for outgoing personality types. Wanted to know why I was interested in the position. How would I contribute to the company. What separated me from other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked on spot how would I go about generating more members. What would work best to draw in new gym members.   View Answer
    What type of schedule was I looking for. (you can suggest whatever, but it won't likely be what you'll get)

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Anytime Fitness in July 2011.

unprofessional experience..

owner did a phone interview asking a series of questions on my past fitness experience and said i would get a call to further process for a 1 on 1. never received a call back. waited several weeks to hear a response by email after i had to email him several times. owner lets me know they hired a previous gm from another anytime fitness to run his club. 2 months later same owner emails me back to inform me the person he hired is moving to north carolina and i was a good candidate besides that guy. i emailed him back and still no response. another month passes and i followed up with him and owner had the nerve to say he hired someone else because he thought i wasnt interested anymore. how would you know im not interested if you dont contact me? needless to say, i chose not to pursue opportunities with this company any further, due to incompetency in organization.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anytime Fitness in July 2011.

1 phone interview after responding to a career posting.
    1 face to face w/ 1 of the 2 owners
    1 more face to face with both owners present

i was able to negotiate base salary of 26,500/yr. After 30days of showing the owners my capabilities, the owners bumped me up to a base salary of 28,600/yr(not including commission).
    THIS WAS AWESOME.

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Anytime Fitness in October 2010.

Spoke with and met an owner of a few franchises of Anytime Fitness. Had 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. Very nice people and open to ideas to generate new business.

Interview Questions

Franchise location that I would be running was in a small town with not a huge amount of opportunity to boost memberships much. The other thing that really bothered me about the position is that there are cameras throughout the club and I was told by another person who managed a nearby location that the owners will randomly watch what you are doing during work hours and that creeped me out...NOT that I would be screwing off and not doing my job, but I do not like the idea of the cameras watching everything.