Aon Account Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.5

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aon

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Interview

It was a long time ago, and honestly I can't remember anything difficult about it.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, but it wasn't a tough interview. You need decent excel/word and an analytical mind and you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated up by a few thousand annually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The whole process took over a month from initial phone call to notification of hire. The first step was a phone interview, which went into details of the merits of my resume; how I was a part of each company I listed, and if there were any jobs I've done that were not on my resume. I was then told that I would move on to a face-to-face interview, which would take place in the next week or so. About a week later my interview was scheduled, which was my only complaint about the whole process; I was always told I would be contacted a week before I was actually called. The face-to-face interview would consist of 3 back-to-back interviews with each of the three directors of the department I would work for. The interview ended up being entirely conversational. The directors really took an effort to get to know me, and my skills, which allowed me to be a bit more relaxed when answering them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was much more casual than expected but was very long. Met with a senior manager in most of the groups at the office location. Basically had like 6 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Was not really the typically interview questions but more of a personality/interest based interview. They want to see if you would get along well with the group.   1 Answer

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in November 2011.

Interview

Did a phone screen Got a call back a week later to meet with RMD, SVP, VP, AVP and ASII all in one day. Individual interviews. It was supposed to be behavioral based but Interviewers gave me the ability to lead the interview.

Interview Questions

• Freeflow interview, pretty much was able to dictate how the interview went. Being proactive and asking alot of questions and talking about experience didnt give the interviewers much time to ask questions- They were interested in the conversation so they never had to resort back to the behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aon (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the Managing Director, who was a great guy, the person that would end up being my manager, and one of the Vice President's, which was random, because it turns out that no-one liked this person at all, and totally avoided him at all costs! The interview went very well, the way the job was described to me sounded perfect...until I got the job, and I suddenly became an Administrative Assistant - not what I signed up for!

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, more fool me, because I recently found out that they were paying me way below what the minimum for my position was worth. You live and learn.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Interview

I interviewed with my direct supervisor. It was not long before HR contacted me with an offer. I was hired during a changing turnover period in which they hired several people at once. I'm sure this process was easier than the normal process.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not remember it been more than six years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I should have neogtiated my salary with my experience level I could have gotten a higher salary.