Aon

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in November 2011.

Interview Details – Did a phone screen

Got a call back a week later to meet with RMD, SVP, VP, AVP and ASII all in one day. Individual interviews. It was supposed to be behavioral based but Interviewers gave me the ability to lead the interview.

Interview Question – Freeflow interview, pretty much was able to dictate how the interview went. Being proactive and asking alot of questions and talking about experience didnt give the interviewers much time to ask questions- They were interested in the conversation so they never had to resort back to the behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Aon in July 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took over a month from initial phone call to notification of hire. The first step was a phone interview, which went into details of the merits of my resume; how I was a part of each company I listed, and if there were any jobs I've done that were not on my resume. I was then told that I would move on to a face-to-face interview, which would take place in the next week or so. About a week later my interview was scheduled, which was my only complaint about the whole process; I was always told I would be contacted a week before I was actually called. The face-to-face interview would consist of 3 back-to-back interviews with each of the three directors of the department I would work for. The interview ended up being entirely conversational. The directors really took an effort to get to know me, and my skills, which allowed me to be a bit more relaxed when answering them.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aon in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Managing Director, who was a great guy, the person that would end up being my manager, and one of the Vice President's, which was random, because it turns out that no-one liked this person at all, and totally avoided him at all costs!
The interview went very well, the way the job was described to me sounded perfect...until I got the job, and I suddenly became an Administrative Assistant - not what I signed up for!

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, more fool me, because I recently found out that they were paying me way below what the minimum for my position was worth. You live and learn.

Account Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – I interviewed with my direct supervisor. It was not long before HR contacted me with an offer. I was hired during a changing turnover period in which they hired several people at once. I'm sure this process was easier than the normal process.

Interview Question – Unfortunately, I do not remember it been more than six years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have neogtiated my salary with my experience level I could have gotten a higher salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aon

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon Account Specialist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aon employees and interview candidates.