Aon

2.8

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aon.

I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Questions
    • Try to sell me something/anything in this room
      Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.

Answer Question
    Offer was what I was looking for.

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aon.

There was a 15 minute phone screening that asked about my academic background and interest in the position, no contact for ~3 weeks followed by an invitation to go on site. There were 5 on site interviews, technical, case study, HR, and two more traditional behavioral. Most interviews were conducted by a team of two employees. The offer was extended the following week

Interview Questions
    • Defining catastrophes and estimating damage (similar to case study)   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Aon in February 2014.

First had a phone interview, was then invited for an on site interview. The onsite interview was very delayed and got rescheduled twice. It probably occurred 6 weeks after the initial phone interview. They did not offer to pay for travel expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard interview. Was there from 9 am to around 11:30/Noon. Met with about 5 people from the Modeling team who asked behavioral questions, why I want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aon in January 2014.

Completed a video interview. It was very challenging. You are given a couple minutes to read interview questions , then repond via webcam. Preparation is a must and the interview was very good practice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you feel you are a good fit for this job.   View Answer

Accounting and Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in November 2013.

Quick turnaround time. Phone interview was more of a description of the company rather than a screening.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Nothing too specific. I have a greater background other than accounting, which probably turned them away.   Answer Question

Accounting & Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in November 2013.

After applying via school's career site, I was asked for a phone interview. The phone interview was more of the recruiter talking and less of asking questions. I was then asked to come in for a 2.5hr behavioral interview with four managing directors. A few weeks passed and I didn't hear back. It turns out the recruiter was let go, so I fell through the cracks.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon in October 2013.

I got a first round interview with Aon from campus recruiting both my Junior year and Senior year, but I didnt get to the second round for either of them. I went to the info session Aon held on our campus, talked to the company representatives, and they gave me an interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult during the interview, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Met with HR and 3 separate interviews with managers before offer

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions getting at experience and how past experience would apply to the job. Behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question