Aon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

AUM Human Resources Director - USA, UK, and Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was as follows: I met with the Recruiter, then went to Chicago to meet with the HR hiring manager, then I met with the business line and was offered the position as HR Manager. I was promoted within 2.5 years to Director due to my hard work.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this HR position?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

very laid back but many different people to interview with so that takes a while very nice people

Finance Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through college, then got an email for digital interview, and lastly an in person interview. There looking for someone who is a cultural fit with more of a accounting background.

Interview Questions

• Digital interview asked questions like name a time when you had to work in a group, how you solved a problem. Basic questions   1 Answer

Broker -Aon Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Video interview that is recorded and then submitted.questions asked on a recorded a screen and then reviewed by someone. Then a 1-1 interview, but that never happened. Without a one on one real person interview, you really don't get a chance to represent yourself. This video interview program is not fair.

Interview Questions

• My experience and also how I would handle a specific situation.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process included a webcam interview. It was not a live interview in that my responses to questions were recorded. Next, I went in for an interview at their location. I was interviewed for an hour total by two separate interviewers. Each interview took a half and hour to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particularly difficult customer?   Answer Question

Corporate Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial meetings were via phone and video conference. As things progressed, meetings were in-person. Most interviewers seemed to have a personal interest in the success of the company and are seeking that of the interviewee. Questions were, generally, insightful and behavior-oriented. As a whole, the process seems to be a middle of the road in terms of "toughness" and formality (e.g. no group/panels, no testing, no case studies, etc.). Duration of the process has been lengthy and, logistically, bumpy. There are some small things they could do, in the process, to make the candidate feel a bit more special and a bit more interested and engaged in the company, which would be in alignment with how the executives represented themselves in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I had a digital interview and was moved to 4 in person interviews. I heard back after that in 2 weeks

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me something/anything in this room
      Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was what I was looking for.

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.