Aon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Advisor Interview

Benefits Advisor
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Question – Try to sell me something/anything in this room
Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was what I was looking for.

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Catastrophe Risk Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – There was a 15 minute phone screening that asked about my academic background and interest in the position, no contact for ~3 weeks followed by an invitation to go on site. There were 5 on site interviews, technical, case study, HR, and two more traditional behavioral. Most interviews were conducted by a team of two employees. The offer was extended the following week

Interview Question – Defining catastrophes and estimating damage (similar to case study)   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Call Center Manager
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aon in January 2014.

Interview Details – Completed a video interview. It was very challenging. You are given a couple minutes to read interview questions , then repond via webcam. Preparation is a must and the interview was very good practice.

Interview Question – Tell us why you feel you are a good fit for this job.   View Answer

Accounting & Finance Rotational Program Interview

Accounting & Finance Rotational Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying via school's career site, I was asked for a phone interview. The phone interview was more of the recruiter talking and less of asking questions. I was then asked to come in for a 2.5hr behavioral interview with four managing directors. A few weeks passed and I didn't hear back. It turns out the recruiter was let go, so I fell through the cracks.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, all behavioral.   Answer Question

Accounting and Finance Rotational Program Interview

Accounting and Finance Rotational Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in November 2013.

Interview Details – Quick turnaround time. Phone interview was more of a description of the company rather than a screening.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Nothing too specific. I have a greater background other than accounting, which probably turned them away.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got a first round interview with Aon from campus recruiting both my Junior year and Senior year, but I didnt get to the second round for either of them. I went to the info session Aon held on our campus, talked to the company representatives, and they gave me an interview within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult during the interview, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

CSU Interview

CSU
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview Details – To long ago it has changed to a
Process of behavioral questions

Interview Question – What kind of mistakes have you made and how did you fix them   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume directly through the Aon website. I was contacted by an internal recruiter that thought I may be a good fit. She discussed the position with me, asked if I was still interested, and then set up my first face-to-face interview. I met with the person that would be my supervisor. With their approval, I then met with the person above my supervisor for the final interview. Within a day, I was called with an offer.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult... all very generic and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. In my last interview, they asked for salary expectations. My expectations were met, so I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was through a person who would actually work under me. It was two weeks before I met the actual manager. To be honest, I did not mind this, since I'm an independent worker.

Interview Question – Are you married?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and laidback

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon in February 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one in person interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – Easiest interview I have had, very laid back and a few behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent, was for an entry level job and they did not agree to my counter offer so I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aon

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aon employees and interview candidates.