Aon

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in March 2013.

Interview Details – After failing to connect during scheduled phone interview, I was finally contacted by an HR rep. Another two weeks went by until I was told BY EMAIL that I was not being brought in for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – honestly, nothing. Beaurcratic mess over there at Aon   View Answer

Glenview, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aon in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had a case interview with two consultants from the Winston-Salem office and was offered a position with their business excellence office in either Winston-Salem or Chicago. The interviewers tried to pull off the good cop/bad cop routine but it didn't really work. I was also a little taken aback because they offered me a job within 5 days of my first interview without any follow up.

Interview Question – You are in charge of implementing a new system to manage sales at a large financial firm. How would you implement the system? What are the three biggest risks involved and how would you approach them?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I visited the offices and was not very impressed with the people I met. It didn't seem like a lot of hard work was happening. Also, the pay was not very high for a consulting company, although the benefits package looks attractive.

Early Career Development Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to Aon through the career planning office at my college. About a week and a half later, I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward and took about a half hour. One question was, "what was the most difficult relationship you ever had to form?" Another was, "give me an example of a time when you had to work on a team."

The next day, they called me to set up an interview at the office that I would be working at. At the office, I had three interviews: two with two people, and one with one person. All of the interviews at the office were very conversational. We mostly discussed the company, the position, and my prior experiences. The whole thing took less than an hour and a half.

Two days later, they called and offered me the job. The entire process took less than three weeks, and the job offer came one week after my first interview.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult relationship you have ever had to develop?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate. The starting salary is very competitive for an entry-level position.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!