Aon Hewitt

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – I applied through the university career center. I was interviewed on campus by one of the vice presidents. The interview was mostly behavioral. I was not asked any technical questions. I was also asked a couple of questions about the actuarial profession. I was applying without any exams and so maybe that is why I did not move on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you showed initiative.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2013.

Interview Details – I found out about the position through my school's actuarial club. I had a brief phone screen, which was very easy. I went in for a longer interview about 2 weeks later. I had 3 seperate interviews, 2 of them with one person, and the third one with 2 people. Very comfortable culture, and likable employees. They were easy to talk to, which made the interview process really great.

Interview Question – Tell me about you, what do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – I applied through on campus interview. I interviewed with two different people for a total of one hour for first round. Very friendly people. The interview was mostly basic behavioral questions. Second round interview was at Aon's office with four different people. The interviews were very conversational. Again, no unexpected questions.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had met with an Aon Hewitt representative at a career fair, within a month they contacted me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they told me they would be in touch with me within 2 weeks to let me know about an on-site interview. They contacted me and I was originally told it would be a 2 hour interview broken down into 4 30-minute interviews, but when I received my schedule, it was over 5 hours worth of interviewing. The interview was broken down into 5 45-minute individual interviews from people from all walks of the company, including HR and actuarial, and an hour and a half lunch with two actuaries. It was very relaxed for an interview, a lot of the basic questions, and really more of a 'getting to know you' type of situation. I felt very comfortable with everyone I met and spoke with and most of them talked in a sense as if they were ready to hire me ASAP. However, after the interview, 2 weeks passed and I heard nothing. When I contacted one of the people I had interviewed with, he told me they had not made a decision yet, but I would hear from them soon. Fast forward 3 more weeks, I still did not hear anything, and when I contacted the person again, I received a basic rejection from HR within an hour of my email. Overall, I think the interview is easy, but I'm not sure how great they are with following through with their candidates.

Interview Question – Why would you choose consulting?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – The first round was an on campus interview with two actuarial consultants. The first consultant had a casual conversation with me and then the other asked me a series of behavioral questions along with other questions relating to my resume. The second round was in the Aon office. There were two presentations and four 30 minute behavioral interviews. It was very relaxed and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – I had a first round interview on campus and a final round interview at one of their major offices. The first round interview focused on behavioral questions and the candidates desire to pursue an actuarial career. The final round consisted of a series of 4 back to back interviews with different senior employees. Again, the focus was more on fit with the firm and the job rather than technicals.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an actuary at Aon Hewitt   Answer Question

Lancaster, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview with HR first, around 2 weeks later got on site interview. It was 1:2 interview with four people in total. Given lots of time to ask interviewers question and only be asked why act sci and why consulting over insurance industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Housing

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was on Campus. They called a month later and flew me out to interview at their Lincolnshire office. Interview day was four hours, two hour long presentations, then three 1:1 interviews. I interviewed with some really sharp people, it seemed like a good environment. They told me they'd get back to me with an answer in 1 to 2 weeks with an answer. After 3 weeks I contacted them and couldn't get an answer. After 2 months they told me no.

Interview Questions

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then an in person where they had 4 different people interview and then 2 more people take me out to lunch. I was extremely surprised to hear that they didn't want to ask me any questions at all, but rather have me ask them questions about the company. Needless to say, I wasn't prepared to ask 4 people each a half hour worth of questions. So even though I had all the necessary skills and classes, they didn't take me.

Interview Question – What questions do you have for me and our company?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview lasted from 9am and ended at 2pm. Listened to 2 presentations one of the actuarial student program that Aon offers to full-time employees, along with the other candidates, that lasted about an hour, and an internship presentation with a former intern who is now a full-time employee with the company that lasted 30 minutes. Had a one-on-one interview with 3 employees that lasted 30 minutes each. In between interviews had lunch with an entry level actuary.

Interview Question – Tell about a time where you had to actively enforce company policies and standards.   Answer Question

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!