Aon Hewitt Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.5

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people for thirty minutes each. All the questions I was asked were behavioral or regarding my resume. All of the information that I was given and learned about the job during the interview came from the questions I asked, which struck me as odd. If you google search behavioral questions, prepare some responses, and have a few solid stories/examples ready to go you'll do fine in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a good day at work would be like for you.   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

They came to my University for a recruiting interview. There were two separate interviews discussing the two different positions they were recruiting for (Setup Configuration Specialist and Business Delivery Specialist). This was a round of basic behavioral questions. They just asked about some stuff on my resume and wanted to make sure I had the analytical skills to be successful with the company. They then scheduled an office visit with 5 other candidates. They served us some refreshments at the beginning and had a presentation discussing the company and what they did. This lasted for about 45 minutes and then we had the opportunity to ask some basic questions. They then sent us through 3 different rounds of interviews. One asked more behavioral questions and stuff about my resume. I was asked one technical question. The second round was more of him discussing the company's structure and a more in depth description of what the job entailed. Then there was a round table discussion with me and one other candidate where they actually showed us some examples of what we would be doing once we started. They then gave us lunch and discussed our benefits package. Got a call with an offer within one week. They were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would do a specific action using SQL.   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process for this company was not hard at all. A recruiter contacted me and after that, I completed a questionnaire/assessment. After the interview was scheduled, I talked with the recruiter and he gave me pointers on things that would be discussed/asked during the interview. The interview was a group interview with 3 interviewers. They were all in management positions. They asked the typical scenario type questions, college course questions (I was a recent graduate), and the last question was based on retrieving data from a database.

Interview Questions

• Typical scenario type questions. How would you do this? Tell us about a time where you had to...?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews with the hiring manager, their counter part and the Director of Talent of Acquisition. If wasn't a exhaustive process but a get to know you. Partly due to the fact I was a contract it was more of a skill based assessment of whether I could do the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your speciality as a sourcing specialist?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - the rates are set for contractors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Background check with HireRite delayed my start date. Be prepared to call HireRite often, if not everyday to make sure they are on-top of their screening process; you might have to do some leg work on your own.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were very generic: what was the most difficult work situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negogiate since it was a contracting position; just took the $20 an hour.

Benefits Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

The first part of the process requires you to complete a form. The second step is a phone interview. If selected to move forward you are asked to come in for an in-person interview. The HR member who calls for the phone interview greatly prepares you for your in-person interview. The Aon Hewitt building in Atlanta is home to a number of other companies and the parking is quite confusing. I suggest getting there early or checking out the space a day or two before the interview to ensure you aren't flustered prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• It was an informal interview - unstructured. They asked about salary requirements and very basic questions to grasp my personality fit for the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Two interviews, one consisting of a phone screening of about thirty minutes and another with a phone panel that was more behavioral and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difficutly working with others and how you overcame that difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy phone screening reviewing your background and 2 or 3 behavioral questions. Then on-site 1 hour interview with 2 managers which was all behavioral. Not too bad as long as you have stories to tell based on your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were given a task without enough information complete it, how did you proceed on completing this task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, was able to get a little over 3% raise in salary. Better than nothing.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about 3 days following my initial application. She requested a questionairre that listed several questions regarding eployment : (desired salary, willing to work overtime, date available, what do you know about the company, etc). Then we had a phone interview and I then proceeded to the next stage of the hiring process a group/panel interview. The interview had 2 current employees and lasted for about an hour. I was asked about 7 behavioral questions and was given time to ask questions.

Setup Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was general situational questions. Office interview was with 2 managers. The interviewers had a list of situational questions they had to run through and write responses. They want to know how you handled difficult tasks, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince someone during work.   1 Answer

Offer was not high enough.