Aon Hewitt Benefits Operations Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefits Operations Administrator/ Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Phone interview from headquarters,
Personal Interview (only behavioral)
Very straightforward questions
The interviewer was very sweet.
It became conversational
The interview was supposed to be for 30 minutes but went on for 40 minutes because we got talking.

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Benefits Operation Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I received a phone call from a Staffing agency about a potential position. He asked would I like to be submitted for the position and I said yes. Then he said someone will call me for a phone interview. One of the managers called me and asked me specific questions relating to my resume (lasted for 15mins). Got a phone call from the recruiter the next day, asking if I would like to accept the job offer. And I did :-)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2013.

A couple phone interviews that i was able to obtain through my school. The interviews were fairly easy but the drug and background check were annoying. If you are a people person you should have a good chance to get it. They have recently cut back the amount of interns so it might be more difficult to get the job now.

Interview Questions

It's not the industry I want to start my career in.

Benefits Operations Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2012.

consisted for 3 phone interviews. First interview was about 15-20 minutes to learn about me a bit more and to ask a few questions about the company. For me the normal interviewer was out of town so had my 2nd stage with two phone interviews. Each last over an hour. Both were managers that I would be working day to day with. Causual and had great conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Priority questions, understanding of Health and Welfare. General personality tests and culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2012.

Background check with HireRite delayed my start date. Be prepared to call HireRite often, if not everyday to make sure they are on-top of their screening process; you might have to do some leg work on your own.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were very generic: what was the most difficult work situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negogiate since it was a contracting position; just took the $20 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2012.

After the initial application, I was emailed by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview the next day. The interviewer was very nice and asked me various questions about my resume. After 20 - 30 minutes she was done asking questions and told me that she will be scheduling me with the hiring manager the very next day to conduct a face to face interview. She made me aware that it was going to be behavior type interview questions and told me I can Google "behavioral type interview questions" to get a feel for what they will ask so that I am prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume states that you have strong communication and writing skills, did somebody tell you that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2012.

Two interviews, one consisting of a phone screening of about thirty minutes and another with a phone panel that was more behavioral and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had difficutly working with others and how you overcame that difficulty.   Answer Question
    No negotiation of salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in January 2012.

I found the job through careerbuilder.com. Sent resume/cover letter and followed up. Huge delay due to the holidays. After christmas/new years, I was selected by recruiter for an 1-to-1 phone interview for 30 min. Asked 2 behavorial questions and she liked the response she stoped and set up the actual face to face. I met with one manager and another over the phone via conference call. They drilled down on my experiences and try to be as thorough and walk them through the process on how you came to a problem, what steps you took to analyze and then overcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone either internal or external to accomplish a team goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • When faced with many different tasks with various deadlines, how do you proceed to navigate through it?   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate since I had a pre-existing offer from one of the top 4 banks. I was able to get them to offer 7.5% increase over base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2011.

Easy phone screening reviewing your background and 2 or 3 behavioral questions. Then on-site 1 hour interview with 2 managers which was all behavioral. Not too bad as long as you have stories to tell based on your past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you were given a task without enough information complete it, how did you proceed on completing this task?   Answer Question
    Yes, was able to get a little over 3% raise in salary. Better than nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in January 2011.

I was sent a pre-screened questionnaire to fill out. Afterwards I was contacted to set up a phone interview. She interviewer was actually running a little late on the interview (which I was apologized to). I was informed on the position and salary being offered. The questions were basically behavioral questions and the interviewer was friendly. I was asked a series of questions then later went into the behavioral questioning portion.

Interview Questions
    • Focus more on "I' instead of "we" when answering questions even if you worked within a team environment (which the questions are related to)   Answer Question

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!