Aon Hewitt Benefits Operations Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Benefits Operations Administrator/ Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Phone interview from headquarters,
Personal Interview (only behavioral)
Very straightforward questions
The interviewer was very sweet.
It became conversational
The interview was supposed to be for 30 minutes but went on for 40 minutes because we got talking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Benefits Operation Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

I received a phone call from a Staffing agency about a potential position. He asked would I like to be submitted for the position and I said yes. Then he said someone will call me for a phone interview. One of the managers called me and asked me specific questions relating to my resume (lasted for 15mins). Got a phone call from the recruiter the next day, asking if I would like to accept the job offer. And I did :-)

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

A couple phone interviews that i was able to obtain through my school. The interviews were fairly easy but the drug and background check were annoying. If you are a people person you should have a good chance to get it. They have recently cut back the amount of interns so it might be more difficult to get the job now.

Interview Questions

It's not the industry I want to start my career in.

Benefits Operations Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2012.

Interview

consisted for 3 phone interviews. First interview was about 15-20 minutes to learn about me a bit more and to ask a few questions about the company. For me the normal interviewer was out of town so had my 2nd stage with two phone interviews. Each last over an hour. Both were managers that I would be working day to day with. Causual and had great conversations.

Interview Questions

• Priority questions, understanding of Health and Welfare. General personality tests and culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted via phone by a recruiter to go over general questions that did not go too in depth. The second interview was with two managers who wanted to know more about my background and what I was interested in doing with my future both for work and outside of work. After the second interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Background check with HireRite delayed my start date. Be prepared to call HireRite often, if not everyday to make sure they are on-top of their screening process; you might have to do some leg work on your own.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were very generic: what was the most difficult work situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negogiate since it was a contracting position; just took the $20 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

After the initial application, I was emailed by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview the next day. The interviewer was very nice and asked me various questions about my resume. After 20 - 30 minutes she was done asking questions and told me that she will be scheduling me with the hiring manager the very next day to conduct a face to face interview. She made me aware that it was going to be behavior type interview questions and told me I can Google "behavioral type interview questions" to get a feel for what they will ask so that I am prepared.

Interview Questions

• Your resume states that you have strong communication and writing skills, did somebody tell you that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Two interviews, one consisting of a phone screening of about thirty minutes and another with a phone panel that was more behavioral and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difficutly working with others and how you overcame that difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I found the job through careerbuilder.com. Sent resume/cover letter and followed up. Huge delay due to the holidays. After christmas/new years, I was selected by recruiter for an 1-to-1 phone interview for 30 min. Asked 2 behavorial questions and she liked the response she stoped and set up the actual face to face. I met with one manager and another over the phone via conference call. They drilled down on my experiences and try to be as thorough and walk them through the process on how you came to a problem, what steps you took to analyze and then overcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone either internal or external to accomplish a team goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question
    • When faced with many different tasks with various deadlines, how do you proceed to navigate through it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate since I had a pre-existing offer from one of the top 4 banks. I was able to get them to offer 7.5% increase over base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy phone screening reviewing your background and 2 or 3 behavioral questions. Then on-site 1 hour interview with 2 managers which was all behavioral. Not too bad as long as you have stories to tell based on your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were given a task without enough information complete it, how did you proceed on completing this task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, was able to get a little over 3% raise in salary. Better than nothing.