Aon Hewitt

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

There was an On Campus Interview, followed about a few weeks to a month later with a Welcome Dinner and Interview Day on Site at the employers location. Interviewed on site with two individual interviewers separately and the spent the rest of the day learning about the company in a presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when it was hard or challenging to work with someone and persuade them of something.   Answer Question
Very open to my requests and timely with their responses.

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed internally for my position with a phone interview, and then after with two business operations managers. Most of the questions were straight forward, I wasn't surprise with any of the questions. I was offered the position two days after my face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I interviewed for the Launch Program, which is a college hire program. The first interview and the second interview were straightforward behavioral interviews. I actually found out more information about what kind of questions would be asked by looking further on Glassdoor, and they were very helpful. No technical questions for my interviews so no worries there. They were more concerned with figuring out how you think.

First I was interviewed on campus, then I was brought out to their office for a dinner and an interview. They were very thorough in making sure you understood what their company, and for this program, brought out a lot of upper management to talk to the candidates. I appreciated the accessibility to these leaders, and how helpful they were.

Decisions were given promptly about 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used technology to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2012.

Easy, behavioral type questions. Not too hard they really just want to gauge how you fit in with their culture and specifically your leadership style etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Recruiter called me directly and told me that he came across my Naukri.com profile and asked me if I am interested. I said yes and he sent me the details via email. The email only gave info about the company, venue and person to be contacted on reaching the office. There was no job description mentioned and when I called back to ask about it, he said, its not available which is really very unprofessional.
    On reaching the venue, they ask to fill a form which basically is what all you have already mentioned in your CV. Then in some random order they were calling group of 8 or 10 or 12 (thats why I used the word 'random') people to fill out an online aptitude test which consisted 100 questions to be completed in 1 hour. Half questions were basic english and maths based while other half were personality based. Based on that, they filter the candidates and asked the ones who have passed it to give a written test which is fully computer based.
    When I got to know about it, I told the person-in-charge there that job description was not mentioned to me and I am just aware of basic Microsoft Office applications, I have no knowledge of any other software or database as I do not belong to CS stream. The lady said its ok, you won't be filtered out based on this, we have training and development where you will be trained on using these softwares.
    I was only able to do the Excel part which was also kinda tricky coz it was paper based, so one needs to know all the complex commands and statements. The rest of the paper, I left blank coz I had no idea about that. Later, after an hour of waiting, I was told to leave for the day, which was very annoying given the fact that I was told one won't be filtered out based on this.

Interview Questions
    • For me the difficult part was cracking SQL and VBA written round. I had only worked on Excel so was able to answer that part but was totally blank in SQL and VBA as I do not belong to Computer Science Engineering and therefore I did not proceed to any further round.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Telephonic Round: Good Questions on statistical knowledge and Advance Excel, Interviewer was good and tried to explain the question and business case in detail. Was asking only basic questions trying to figure out your command in statistics

Interview Questions
    • How would you segment salary structure in a company having three levels, upper management, mid level management and Workers   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Apply on company's website and receive email if you have been selected for interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in May 2012.

Five Steps: Initial screening, aptitude test, technical test, HR round, interview with manager of team. The people from talent acquisition are a very friendly and helpful bunch of people. I along with few other candidates was even provided cabs to travel between their different locations. Overall nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part was the technical part. They ask a lot technical questions where you don't just have to apply the knowledge but common logic as well. Be ready to be grilled nicely. Overall challenging questions but people taking the interview kept encouraging me during the interview.   Answer Question
    The talent acquisition guy offered more than what I had asked for :D

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2011.

interview very laid back. Behavioral questions

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2009.

Four rounds of Interview are conducted:-
    1. Initial HR Screening - Weightage 10%
    2. BPAT Test ( Business Process Aptitude Test) - Weightage -45%
    3. Voice and Accent Test (VNA)- Weightage - 35%
    4. Final HR Interview - Weightage 10%

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding towards the role that you have been offered in the organization?
      What relevance do you find between your previous job role and the role in the organization?
      What are your expectations from the organization?

View Answer
    The company tries to pay as less as it can. Don't settle down at low salary in the joy of getting a job. Try to get more as you will get almost no promotions and very tiny increments once you join the company. Remember you will never get less work than others because you are getting less salary. In AON Hewitt there is no end to work. BEST ADVICE - NEVER JOIN AON HEWITT (Especially Benefits either as a Team Member or BOA). But still if you have no other option then remain prepared to confront the HR's who will be rude and stubborn while making negotiations because they too have to save themselves from getting sued by their managers for paying high lol :D