Aon Hewitt Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.8

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2015.

The process was extremely disorganized. After having 3 phone interviews, the Recruiter kept asking me to hold various dates for onsite interviews and then she did not respond to my email and voice mail messages inquiring as to whether there would in fact be an onsite interview.

Finally after several weeks an onsite interview was scheduled. I was initially told I would be meeting with 5 people. Then it changed to me meeting one person. I was quite surprised to get a call from the recruiter 1 hour before my meeting asking if I could come to my interview within 15 minutes because the consultant with whom I would be interviewing was "very busy". I rushed and arrived to Aon Hewitt 15 minutes later only to sit and wait 40 minutes for my interview.

I interviewed with a consultant who appeared to be more focused on his upcoming vacation than my interview. He made no apology for being late for the interview, despite the fact that he had requested for me to come early. Then he proceeded to read a series of behavioral interview questions from a booklet. It was very apparent that he had not even looked at my resume and he was not listening to my response.

I was given no opportunity to ask questions during my interview. When I asked about timing and next steps he replied that he was going on vacation the next week and he would not have a chance to discuss my interview until he returned.

I received 2 offers for comparable positions from other consulting firms and completed 8 interviews in less time than Aon Hewitt was able to schedule 1 onsite interview. Aon Hewitt said they were looking to fill the position quickly and that they felt that my background was a great fit. Nonetheless, the Recruiter never responded to emails that she herself did not initiate, which I find highly unprofessional. Aon Hewitt showed a complete lack of regard for my time throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome resistance.
      Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone. What was the outcome?
      What do you you when a project is not going according to schedule?
      Tell me what you have done to develop others.
      What is an area in which you have taken initiative to develop personally?
      What is your biggest strength for the position?

Answer Question

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Attended my campus for hiring individuals for their delivery specialist position in their health and welfare area. After submitting application I was asked to have a one on one interview at my campus. It consisted of typical behavioral questions. After a couple of days I was invited to the final round interviews at the Lincolnshire location. On Thursday they take applicants to a steak house and give them an opportunity to converse with higher ups. Then on the following Friday applicants will have two interviews. It will just take half of Friday.

Systems Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2014.

Interview was very easy and straightforward. Lots of nice people at the company and seemed like a fun culture. Everybody seemed to get along and definitely would be very fun for new hires out of college, although the career path seemed very rigid and structured. Not necessarily a bad thing. Got an offer a little too easily, which made me somewhat skeptical. Just turned out to be a little restrictive of a position based off of my experience and merit.

Interview Questions

salary and job description not as high as my potential

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2014.

Initially I had a phone interview where they asked a series of questions to pre-qualify me for a second phone interview.

The second phone interview was spun a little different since the format was to ask questions and based on those questions and my answers to counter questions I would be selected for a formal interview.

The formal interview took place at AON Hewitt where I met with 5 people over the span of 4 hours. Each individual would interact with the person being hired in various capacities.

After the interview several weeks went by before I received a call asking if I had any other questions and that I was one of two candidates for the position.

Another two weeks passed and I was called to be told that they went with the other individual and that I was over qualified for the job.

Interview Questions
    • On location I was interviewed by 5 people over the span of 4 hours   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Went Through Randstad for the Customer Service position in a call center. Schedule for an in person interview with Aon-Hewitt a few days later, I was told to bring in documents and prepare myself for a call center and computer test. Got there and it was not as hard as expected, Very simple interview questions,make sure to bring in all documents, dress professional is a must!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a bad call you may have received   View Answer
    No negotiation, they tell you what the position pay rate is and you either accept it or pass.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

The interviewer was very nice and straightforward. No trick questions or behavioural ones. Got right to the point and asked your standard interview questions. She also had a good sense of humor and seemed more human than "HR".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too particularly unexpected in terms of questions   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

I had the worst hiring experience with Aon Hewitt in Lincolnshire, IL. The offered me the position and only allowed me two weeks to move to IL and obtain my Life and Health licenses. The back ground check people they use Hire Right is the worst back ground check people I've ever experienced. They asked for pay check stubs and W2's the verify employment. They don't just call and verify employment. If your credit is less than perfect than you need not apply. They will check your credit and tell you that you have to setup payment arrangements and provide them a receipt and proof you made payment arrangements. Then you show them proof and they will turn you down for the job but offer you a position that is $20,000 less in their support department all because your credit is less than perfect. This company has cost me $1000 dollars. I would not recommend anyone apply with them unless you like to be judged and have time and money to waste. The only good thing I got out of the horrible experience is I got my IL Life and Health license. So they can't take that away from me.

Interview Questions
    • If we offer you this position can you relocate and get your licenses within two weeks.   View Answer

The job they offered me first they decided my credit wasn't good enough so they offered me a lower paying job like I had no experience or education.

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Had a "digital interview" with the recruiter that featured recorded behavioral questions for you to answer with a webcam, as well as written questions. Was called back for a second interview within a week and interviewed via conference call with 2 hiring managers. Questions were behavioral in nature as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project with a group of people and your outcome was not what you hoped it to be, and how would you have done it differently.   Answer Question
    I could have negotiated, but they gave me a bump because I had previous experience with the company prior so I accepted the offer.

CBA Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

The job was posted on their web site in May 2014, I applied roughly around the time the job was posted. The HR rep didn't call until 3 weeks after I applied and at this point it is now June. It was a typical HR screening that lasted 15 minutes.

One week after that he emailed me saying that they wanted to interview me with 3 people. Normally this type of interview would be in person but the people were in different locations, primarily Maryland and the job itself could be in either Hunt Valley, MD or Lincolnshire, IL. They initially wanted me to have 3 one-to-one phone interviews but then changed it to a phone conference 3-panel interview.

The interview went great. I was very comfortable. There were no silly quiz/test questions. It was truly a good conversation interview. They asked a lot about my web design portfolio, asked how I approach web design, my experience, etc... The questions were tailored towards me, not just a bunch canned questions. I really enjoyed it.

They said they will have a decision in about two weeks. So within those two weeks, I noticed that my status date got updated in their Taleo system but unfortunately it doesn't reveal what exactly is the updated status. I didn't receive a rejection notice or any other correspondence and the job is still active. I later sent a follow-up email to HR just asking in general what the status is of the job, I didn't mention the Taleo change that I saw. He didn't respond to my email.

Another 10 days goes by, it is now July. On a late Friday afternoon, the job posting itself is reset to a new date. They reposted the job! Which means they didn't hire anyone!!! and I never received any communication from them. I only know what I know because I kept checking the status online.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very specific to my design portfolio. I wasn't expecting so much detailed questions like what's your favorite design and why?   Answer Question
    • What inspires you when you create a design?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach a new client?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

The company hires contractors through Randstad. This interview process is a lot easier than going directly through the company. Contractors can be temp to hire. I went this route and was hired on the spot. Where through the company directly I had to do a not so easy test and after that a phone interview was scheduled. I didn't get the offer after the phone interview.