Aon Hewitt Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2013.

They had a job fair for about 2 days, but I missed it. Knew a person who worked there who told me they were still hiring even after the job fair, so I went. First part of the interview process was actually a test of 2 parts. We had to translate a paragraph from english to spanish and another paragraph from spanish to english, in a limited time. I was able to finish it but some people didnt, it didnt mattered if you finished it. Then got called over to be interviewed with one of the managers. She was very nice and the interview was quick and easy. That afternoon i got called saying i got the job and that i was supposed to show up the next day to fill the paperwork and for the onboarding. I officially started working the next day after that, with a 1 month training. So everything happened very quickly.

Interview Questions
    Didnt really negotiate, was told training was 8.00 and after that it would be 10.50 per hour.

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2012.

3 phone interviews with the hiring manager, their counter part and the Director of Talent of Acquisition. If wasn't a exhaustive process but a get to know you. Partly due to the fact I was a contract it was more of a skill based assessment of whether I could do the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your speciality as a sourcing specialist?   View Answer
    No negotiation - the rates are set for contractors.

Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

The interview was easier to obtain going through Randstad. Once you are hired you are a Aon employee and paid by Aon not Randstad. I was interviewed by two men . The questions i got were
    easy. I was the first one they interviewed that day.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me to sale him something. I sold him a #3 Pencil.   View Answer
    I got offered more money than I was expecting. So I was happy with what I was offered hourly

Customer Service Representative Interview

There was a video interview. The asked several questions where you were given 15 seconds to give a response. Questions included ones such as "what challenges have you encountered at work" and "what did you do when you had a bad call". an essay portion also followed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Applied online through their website. A recruiter called me a few days later and asked basic screening questions (what I knew about the company, how I heard about the position, etc.). She said she would forward this information to a hiring manager and they would contact me if interested.

A day or so later, I receive an email requesting an on-site 1:1 for a few days out. A few hours before our scheduled time, they cancelled the interview, claiming they were "going in a different direction" and were suspending the position.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

I had the worst hiring experience with Aon Hewitt in Lincolnshire, IL. The offered me the position and only allowed me two weeks to move to IL and obtain my Life and Health licenses. The back ground check people they use Hire Right is the worst back ground check people I've ever experienced. They asked for pay check stubs and W2's the verify employment. They don't just call and verify employment. If your credit is less than perfect than you need not apply. They will check your credit and tell you that you have to setup payment arrangements and provide them a receipt and proof you made payment arrangements. Then you show them proof and they will turn you down for the job but offer you a position that is $20,000 less in their support department all because your credit is less than perfect. This company has cost me $1000 dollars. I would not recommend anyone apply with them unless you like to be judged and have time and money to waste. The only good thing I got out of the horrible experience is I got my IL Life and Health license. So they can't take that away from me.

Interview Questions
    • If we offer you this position can you relocate and get your licenses within two weeks.   View Answer

The job they offered me first they decided my credit wasn't good enough so they offered me a lower paying job like I had no experience or education.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Short phone interview with one of the senior actuaries, followed up by a half day interview with 6 different actuaries. Talked with each of them about past work, what the office was like, and what sort of projects I would be working on. I went out to lunch with several of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a mistake that impacted your client and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

The interviewer was very nice and straightforward. No trick questions or behavioural ones. Got right to the point and asked your standard interview questions. She also had a good sense of humor and seemed more human than "HR".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too particularly unexpected in terms of questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

First a survey from HR. That was two to three weeks after I applied. A member of the department performed a telephone interview that lasted 20-30 minutes. My interview was with 4 individuals within the same department.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in which you failed? What did you learn. Name a time when a project did not meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2013.

Very quick and not difficult to get hired on. Interview was quick with simple questions. They are not picky. They have a high turnover and need to get people in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a difficult moral situation and what you did.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They said this is the rate, take it or leave it.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!