Aon Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

LOA Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

First of all, I have been applying to Aon Hewitt for about 7 months now, Consistently every time I saw a position open I have done about 5 digital interviews and about 3 weeks ago within hrs of my last digital interview I got a call to schedule a face to face panel! :D Honestly, I was hesitant about doing the digital interviews at this point but I kept saying one of these days..... I was scheduled a week away and since I have a friend that works there she gave me tips on what to study and i did thank God! the first question I got was ..from your experience or the research you did (I emphasized before the start of the questions in the interview I had no exp. however I did my own study on the laws) what can you tell me about FMLA, MDA, etc and the position itself, so NOW your role. The interview per se was extremely relaxed the two team managers were so nice and open to my answers, the both smiled a lot which made me very comfortable, it lasted about 40 mins and the said I should receive a call within the next few weeks. It seems they are hiring a few not just one case manager. Exactly one week later I received a call offering me the position :> I start in 3 weeks, if you currently are working make sure you add you need to put in 2 weeks for you job, they see that as a responsible action.

Interview Questions
    • I got about 10 questions some .. job related and some behavioral TASK types, but the most unexpected one was "if you were lined up in a group of people right now, tell us why we should hire you?"

if you have tons of work yet one important thing that needs priority but you cannot finish it that day and leave it ready to do 1st thing in the morning, what do you do to remind yourself?
        View Answer
    the offer was more than I am currently getting I am happy with it, and it doesn't seems i could negotiate either way, its set

Benefits Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2011.

Applied online was called back within 2 weeks . Phone interview was done asking about my past experience with customer service. Advised that I had previously worked for the company from 1999-2006 and was laid off at the end of 2006 due to jobs being sent offshore. Once phone interview was completed was offered to come in for a face to face interview with one of the managers. Once face to face interview was completed was advised that I would be contacted within a week.Was actually contacted within 2 days and offered the position .

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions . Process was a breeze   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation . Position was initially contract position .

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2011.

I started with a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come into the offices where I met with 4 different individuals over the course of 2 hours. I was asked about previous experiences, hardships and of course qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to explain something that was very industry specific in regards to a project I had worked on   Answer Question

Benefits Operation Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I received a phone call from a Staffing agency about a potential position. He asked would I like to be submitted for the position and I said yes. Then he said someone will call me for a phone interview. One of the managers called me and asked me specific questions relating to my resume (lasted for 15mins). Got a phone call from the recruiter the next day, asking if I would like to accept the job offer. And I did :-)

Junior Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

Was really interested in job, had all the qualifications and maybe a little above. Went in for in-person interview, which went great. Was told I would be notified of job status in 2 weeks. Went two weeks of waiting to hear back, and did not. Sent multiple e-mails out and recieved no response until a quite some time after. Was told they were moving forward with another candidate. Job was reposted one week later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build trust in a corporate setting?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Went Through Randstad for the Customer Service position in a call center. Schedule for an in person interview with Aon-Hewitt a few days later, I was told to bring in documents and prepare myself for a call center and computer test. Got there and it was not as hard as expected, Very simple interview questions,make sure to bring in all documents, dress professional is a must!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a bad call you may have received   View Answer
    No negotiation, they tell you what the position pay rate is and you either accept it or pass.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2012.

Hiring from inside or outside of the company. Most hired within are the last options. Behavioral interview first basic level 1 with a recruiter asking "tell us about a time where you had to handle multiple projects and how you prioritized them. SAR answers. Second interview with GMs. If currently enrolled and they you have done one thing wrong they will black list you.

Interview Questions
    • Second interview with GMs. They will ask "tell us about a time when you had to give difficult feedback to a coworker?" Or "tell us about a time you had go learn a new system and how you applied learning to be successful?"   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time where you found inefficiencies with a process what did you do to improve that process?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2013.

They had a job fair for about 2 days, but I missed it. Knew a person who worked there who told me they were still hiring even after the job fair, so I went. First part of the interview process was actually a test of 2 parts. We had to translate a paragraph from english to spanish and another paragraph from spanish to english, in a limited time. I was able to finish it but some people didnt, it didnt mattered if you finished it. Then got called over to be interviewed with one of the managers. She was very nice and the interview was quick and easy. That afternoon i got called saying i got the job and that i was supposed to show up the next day to fill the paperwork and for the onboarding. I officially started working the next day after that, with a 1 month training. So everything happened very quickly.

Interview Questions
    Didnt really negotiate, was told training was 8.00 and after that it would be 10.50 per hour.

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2012.

3 phone interviews with the hiring manager, their counter part and the Director of Talent of Acquisition. If wasn't a exhaustive process but a get to know you. Partly due to the fact I was a contract it was more of a skill based assessment of whether I could do the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your speciality as a sourcing specialist?   View Answer
    No negotiation - the rates are set for contractors.

Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

The interview was easier to obtain going through Randstad. Once you are hired you are a Aon employee and paid by Aon not Randstad. I was interviewed by two men . The questions i got were
    easy. I was the first one they interviewed that day.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me to sale him something. I sold him a #3 Pencil.   View Answer
    I got offered more money than I was expecting. So I was happy with what I was offered hourly

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!