Aon Hewitt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very nice and straightforward. No trick questions or behavioural ones. Got right to the point and asked your standard interview questions. She also had a good sense of humor and seemed more human than "HR".

Interview Question – Nothing was too particularly unexpected in terms of questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Aon Hewitt

Interview Details – First a survey from HR. That was two to three weeks after I applied. A member of the department performed a telephone interview that lasted 20-30 minutes. My interview was with 4 individuals within the same department.

Interview Question – Name a situation in which you failed? What did you learn. Name a time when a project did not meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick and not difficult to get hired on. Interview was quick with simple questions. They are not picky. They have a high turnover and need to get people in the door.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were in a difficult moral situation and what you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They said this is the rate, take it or leave it.

Case Manager - Short Term Disability Interview

Case Manager - Short Term Disability

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact by a recruiter to submit a digital interview that was followed by an in-person interview. It took another month for me to get a callback and offer.

Interview Question – I was only asked behavioral questions.   Answer Question

The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 2+ weeks to get hired behavioral (webcam interview) no interaction with a live person, sent thru email. (Easy). A couple weeks later was called in for a orientation/behavioral interview (easy). Offered the job a few days later.

Interview Question – Questions were simple ...Tell me A time? or Adjusting to change.. etc how would you feel about .... those type of questions. Nothing pertaining to the job and it didn't have to be work related. Recruiter seemed very knowledgeable and had exactly in mind what they wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None pay is 15.26/HR Benefits start 1st Day

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Setup Configuration Specialist
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contact by the recruiter. Then I did a brief interview over the phone with the recruiter going over details about by my resume and experience. Next, I had to complete a questionnaire that was emailed to me over general topics such as current salary, experience, etc... Finally, I had to do a panel interview over the phone with 3 managers to get the job. I never had a face to face interview everything was over the phone or by email. The process took a very long time between completing the interview, getting the job offer, and finishing the background check. It took almost 3 months before I actually started. The interview style is behavioral questions, were you have to give examples of how you reacted to high pressure situations or got along with team members.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time were you had to work under a strict deadline and how did you feel about the pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation they offered me the max they had budgeted for that role.

CBA Web Developer Interview

CBA Web Developer
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

Interview Details – The job was posted on their web site in May 2014, I applied roughly around the time the job was posted. The HR rep didn't call until 3 weeks after I applied and at this point it is now June. It was a typical HR screening that lasted 15 minutes.

One week after that he emailed me saying that they wanted to interview me with 3 people. Normally this type of interview would be in person but the people were in different locations, primarily Maryland and the job itself could be in either Hunt Valley, MD or Lincolnshire, IL. They initially wanted me to have 3 one-to-one phone interviews but then changed it to a phone conference 3-panel interview.

The interview went great. I was very comfortable. There were no silly quiz/test questions. It was truly a good conversation interview. They asked a lot about my web design portfolio, asked how I approach web design, my experience, etc... The questions were tailored towards me, not just a bunch canned questions. I really enjoyed it.

They said they will have a decision in about two weeks. So within those two weeks, I noticed that my status date got updated in their Taleo system but unfortunately it doesn't reveal what exactly is the updated status. I didn't receive a rejection notice or any other correspondence and the job is still active. I later sent a follow-up email to HR just asking in general what the status is of the job, I didn't mention the Taleo change that I saw. He didn't respond to my email.

Another 10 days goes by, it is now July. On a late Friday afternoon, the job posting itself is reset to a new date. They reposted the job! Which means they didn't hire anyone!!! and I never received any communication from them. I only know what I know because I kept checking the status online.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific to my design portfolio. I wasn't expecting so much detailed questions like what's your favorite design and why?   Answer Question
  • What inspires you when you create a design?   Answer Question
  • How do you approach a new client?   Answer Question

Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview by two different people; a recruiter and a director on the floor. It was fair and comfortable as they asked the expected questions. both interviews were positive and hopeful. They manage the workplace with class and professionalism.

Interview Question – How did you handle the most difficult customer while on the phone?   Answer Question

LOA Case Manager Interview

LOA Case Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

Interview Details – Since I was already an internal employee, I was contacted via email at work to complete online interview. A few days later I was given face-to-face interview. Three weeks later I was provided answer and received the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever been asked to do something you didn't agree with. If so, how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, but probably should have

Very Easy Interview

The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very efficient and simple. I participated in a group interview where I was able to meet 3 managers from different departments, the questions were very clear and understandable. I also was able to get to know them as well as express myself to the est of my abilities.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!