Aon Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

There was a video interview. The asked several questions where you were given 15 seconds to give a response. Questions included ones such as "what challenges have you encountered at work" and "what did you do when you had a bad call". an essay portion also followed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Applied online through their website. A recruiter called me a few days later and asked basic screening questions (what I knew about the company, how I heard about the position, etc.). She said she would forward this information to a hiring manager and they would contact me if interested.

A day or so later, I receive an email requesting an on-site 1:1 for a few days out. A few hours before our scheduled time, they cancelled the interview, claiming they were "going in a different direction" and were suspending the position.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

I had the worst hiring experience with Aon Hewitt in Lincolnshire, IL. The offered me the position and only allowed me two weeks to move to IL and obtain my Life and Health licenses. The back ground check people they use Hire Right is the worst back ground check people I've ever experienced. They asked for pay check stubs and W2's the verify employment. They don't just call and verify employment. If your credit is less than perfect than you need not apply. They will check your credit and tell you that you have to setup payment arrangements and provide them a receipt and proof you made payment arrangements. Then you show them proof and they will turn you down for the job but offer you a position that is $20,000 less in their support department all because your credit is less than perfect. This company has cost me $1000 dollars. I would not recommend anyone apply with them unless you like to be judged and have time and money to waste. The only good thing I got out of the horrible experience is I got my IL Life and Health license. So they can't take that away from me.

Interview Questions
    • If we offer you this position can you relocate and get your licenses within two weeks.   View Answer

The job they offered me first they decided my credit wasn't good enough so they offered me a lower paying job like I had no experience or education.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Short phone interview with one of the senior actuaries, followed up by a half day interview with 6 different actuaries. Talked with each of them about past work, what the office was like, and what sort of projects I would be working on. I went out to lunch with several of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a mistake that impacted your client and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

The interviewer was very nice and straightforward. No trick questions or behavioural ones. Got right to the point and asked your standard interview questions. She also had a good sense of humor and seemed more human than "HR".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too particularly unexpected in terms of questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

First a survey from HR. That was two to three weeks after I applied. A member of the department performed a telephone interview that lasted 20-30 minutes. My interview was with 4 individuals within the same department.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in which you failed? What did you learn. Name a time when a project did not meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2013.

Very quick and not difficult to get hired on. Interview was quick with simple questions. They are not picky. They have a high turnover and need to get people in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a difficult moral situation and what you did.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They said this is the rate, take it or leave it.

Case Manager - Short Term Disability Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I applied online and was contact by a recruiter to submit a digital interview that was followed by an in-person interview. It took another month for me to get a callback and offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

Process took 2+ weeks to get hired behavioral (webcam interview) no interaction with a live person, sent thru email. (Easy). A couple weeks later was called in for a orientation/behavioral interview (easy). Offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple ...Tell me A time? or Adjusting to change.. etc how would you feel about .... those type of questions. Nothing pertaining to the job and it didn't have to be work related. Recruiter seemed very knowledgeable and had exactly in mind what they wanted.   Answer Question
    None pay is 15.26/HR Benefits start 1st Day

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2013.

I applied online and was contact by the recruiter. Then I did a brief interview over the phone with the recruiter going over details about by my resume and experience. Next, I had to complete a questionnaire that was emailed to me over general topics such as current salary, experience, etc... Finally, I had to do a panel interview over the phone with 3 managers to get the job. I never had a face to face interview everything was over the phone or by email. The process took a very long time between completing the interview, getting the job offer, and finishing the background check. It took almost 3 months before I actually started. The interview style is behavioral questions, were you have to give examples of how you reacted to high pressure situations or got along with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time were you had to work under a strict deadline and how did you feel about the pressure.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation they offered me the max they had budgeted for that role.