Aon Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Requirements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Internal hire. First had a brief screening with recruiter, then separate interviews with the hiring managers. Entire process from application submission to offer acceptance was about 1 month. Typical behavioral interviewing questions like "tell me a time when.." I also could tell they were assessing me based on the questions I asked them and the follow up discussion to their responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to bring multiple parties together to address a problem and come to a common solution together.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was provided some time to "think about the offer" but the salary was above my expectations so I accepted without negotiation.

Benefits Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Phone and in person. Asked questions about how my tech skills correlated to the tech skills needed for the position. Asked about teamwork skills and situational collaboration questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 day period back and forth with the recruiter online

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Received an email to complete virtual interview via Hirevue. Once virtual interview was done I received an email 2 weeks later from a recruiter to setup an interview with two team leads. Im go to my interview next week but the virtual interview is easy; Youget 3 attempts to record your response and see how you look so that is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Aon   1 Answer

Benefits Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Asked several behavioral interviewing type of questions. Describe a situation where you did not get along with one of your co-workers and you had to work closely with this same individual on a particular project. How did you handle the situation? What was the final outcome? Would you do anything differently the next time?

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely disorganized. After having 3 phone interviews, the Recruiter kept asking me to hold various dates for onsite interviews and then she did not respond to my email and voice mail messages inquiring as to whether there would in fact be an onsite interview.

Finally after several weeks an onsite interview was scheduled. I was initially told I would be meeting with 5 people. Then it changed to me meeting one person. I was quite surprised to get a call from the recruiter 1 hour before my meeting asking if I could come to my interview within 15 minutes because the consultant with whom I would be interviewing was "very busy". I rushed and arrived to Aon Hewitt 15 minutes later only to sit and wait 40 minutes for my interview.

I interviewed with a consultant who appeared to be more focused on his upcoming vacation than my interview. He made no apology for being late for the interview, despite the fact that he had requested for me to come early. Then he proceeded to read a series of behavioral interview questions from a booklet. It was very apparent that he had not even looked at my resume and he was not listening to my response.

I was given no opportunity to ask questions during my interview. When I asked about timing and next steps he replied that he was going on vacation the next week and he would not have a chance to discuss my interview until he returned.

I received 2 offers for comparable positions from other consulting firms and completed 8 interviews in less time than Aon Hewitt was able to schedule 1 onsite interview. Aon Hewitt said they were looking to fill the position quickly and that they felt that my background was a great fit. Nonetheless, the Recruiter never responded to emails that she herself did not initiate, which I find highly unprofessional. Aon Hewitt showed a complete lack of regard for my time throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome resistance.
      Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone. What was the outcome?
      What do you you when a project is not going according to schedule?
      Tell me what you have done to develop others.
      What is an area in which you have taken initiative to develop personally?
      What is your biggest strength for the position?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Applied through college job board. First round was online through some HireWire site or something. 12 questions, about half written essay, half video recording. Not too hard, caught me off guard cause I was under prepared but I was still selected to the next round. Second/Final round was at their office. Basically you network and listen to employees and former interns for half the day and then you get one interview with two people. Pretty basic behavioral questions and questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were in direct competition with a peer and you came out with a positive experience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Phone interview completed by recruiter ,then face to face rounds with team members and VP. Phone interview was more position based abd to see if you're a good fit. Face to face was more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult client and how did you go about handling the situation?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

very quick and effective; manager interview and peer interview, behavioral based, good interaction with recruiter; professional, cultural fit and skill fit was focus, efficient; good overview of position was discussed

Database Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then I went in for an interview day. It was 3 behavioral interviews. They asked me basic questions about my experiences at my internship. They asked me questions about group work and my interest in the work.
    After I met with some employees and we got to talk about the office and their experiences there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me one time that you faced difficulty in a group situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

You will meet with two people and will be asked a lot of behavioral questions. They want to know what YOU did, not your team for a company and want specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't meet a deadline.   Answer Question