Aon Hewitt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Navigator Interview

Benefits Navigator
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2014.

Interview Details – Digital Interview (not in-person, recorded) conducted in February 2014 (must have webcam and microphone, be forewarned). Several days later, was contacted by a recruiter in Chicago who had reviewed the digital interview for a short over-the-phone interview. Was scheduled for both an in-person interview and phone interview (latter at the job site just prior to the in-person) at the conclusion of the short phone interview with the Recruiter. One day after the on-site interviews, received a job offer.

Everyone seemed extremely friendly and professional. No questions were general in nature; all highly related to the job in question. Make sure to study the job description backwards and forwards and relate your experiences to the description.

Also be forwarned that immediately after the job is accepted, a cast of thousands, via phone and e-mail, will descend upon you, requiring very fast action (example: drug screen MUST be done within a few days). Also, if you were at any time, in the past 7 years, self-employed, be prepared to prove that.

I was already licensed, so I can't comment on the process for unlicensed folks. Only strange part was that the job start date was 2 1/2 months after accepting the offer. Think a new "division" is being created, so the reason for the start delay. They were also ttrying to hire around 150 folks at one time.

Interview Question – Tell us about your experiences with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) programs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Benefits Operations Administrator Interview

Benefits Operations Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2012.

Interview Details – consisted for 3 phone interviews. First interview was about 15-20 minutes to learn about me a bit more and to ask a few questions about the company. For me the normal interviewer was out of town so had my 2nd stage with two phone interviews. Each last over an hour. Both were managers that I would be working day to day with. Causual and had great conversations.

Interview Question – Priority questions, understanding of Health and Welfare. General personality tests and culture.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – Very quick process. Had a phone screening on Monday, interviewed on Wednesday, was offered the position the following Monday. Came into the office and interviewed with the manager and two supervisors. Each had their own distinct style and questions. All provided feedback and informed me of the pros and cons of working for the company.

Interview Question – A specific SQL query formula.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated, they met me a bit over halfway. I was "satisfied" but they could afford to provide me with a higher salary.

Communication Specialist Interview

Communication Specialist
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a high-level employee. I first spoke to a recruiter and answered behavioral questions. Once getting through these, I completed a writing test and interviewed with 3 associates (including future manager). Everyone was nice and the interview is exactly what you would expect. Be sure to know about Aon, they will ask.

Interview Question – What is your opinion on a virtual workforce?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will negotiate. This is a big corporate powerhouse. There is always money on the table.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lincolnshire, IL

Interviewed at Aon Hewitt

Interview Details – I was sent an invitation to complete a digital interview at the comfort of my home, after three weeks I received a call inviting me to continue on with interview process and meet with someone for a physical interview. The two ladies that interviewed me were really nice and made me feel very comfortable, of course being prepared (doing research on position, company, writing questions) helped. After, three weeks I received an email asking if I was still interested, and from there it took about a month to complete background check. Suggestion: If your goal is to get a job with Aon Hewitt, don't give up…be patient it is a long interview process, but in the end the reward is great!

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult time you had to deal with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teammanager Interview

Teammanager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – Fair - if you like behavioral interviewing.

Interview Question – Behavioral interviews as a whole don't work effectively.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Benefits Implementation Manager Interview

Benefits Implementation Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is very standard. Be prepared for Behavioral questions. Very specific in that they focus more on how you handle situations versus your technical aptitude. Consisted of 2 phone interviews followed by meetings with a few individuals within the organization as it was for a senior level role. The face to face interviews are challenging in that you have to describe what makes you better then others.

Interview Question – A couple challenging questions are asked where you need to give specific examples where you were in certain situations and you need to describe the problem, what you did, and what the results were - both good and bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I counteroffered, they came in close to it and accepted.

Workday Compensation Consultant Interview

Workday Compensation Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone screen from a recruiter. She asked about my HR experience and specifically my Workday experience and my interest in the role. Within two days she advised that the Hiring Leader was interested in speaking further. The following week I had a phone interview with the Hiring Leader. He asked why I was interested in the role and about my Workday experience and whether I was certified. All of his questions were around a current configuration project on which I was working. Not a difficult interview, but I got the feeling he was new to interviewing.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, however, I expected more behavioral questions to gauge how I solve problems.   Answer Question

Aon Hewitt Manager responded to this review

Apr 28, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding the interview process. With Aon being a growing company, I'm not suprised that we have new Managers who could benefit in receiving training on Behavior based ... More

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2012.

Interview Details – Extensive background check. A lot of test taking. Two interviews- over the phone and in person.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Benefits Service Manager
Hunt Valley, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – I worked for a vendor of theirs so they had experience working with me. The interview seemed like a formality.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I wanted out of the place I was at; however I would advise to ask for $100,000 and the ability to work remotely two days a week. Be prepared for long hours and little support.