Aon Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

CBA Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

The job was posted on their web site in May 2014, I applied roughly around the time the job was posted. The HR rep didn't call until 3 weeks after I applied and at this point it is now June. It was a typical HR screening that lasted 15 minutes.

One week after that he emailed me saying that they wanted to interview me with 3 people. Normally this type of interview would be in person but the people were in different locations, primarily Maryland and the job itself could be in either Hunt Valley, MD or Lincolnshire, IL. They initially wanted me to have 3 one-to-one phone interviews but then changed it to a phone conference 3-panel interview.

The interview went great. I was very comfortable. There were no silly quiz/test questions. It was truly a good conversation interview. They asked a lot about my web design portfolio, asked how I approach web design, my experience, etc... The questions were tailored towards me, not just a bunch canned questions. I really enjoyed it.

They said they will have a decision in about two weeks. So within those two weeks, I noticed that my status date got updated in their Taleo system but unfortunately it doesn't reveal what exactly is the updated status. I didn't receive a rejection notice or any other correspondence and the job is still active. I later sent a follow-up email to HR just asking in general what the status is of the job, I didn't mention the Taleo change that I saw. He didn't respond to my email.

Another 10 days goes by, it is now July. On a late Friday afternoon, the job posting itself is reset to a new date. They reposted the job! Which means they didn't hire anyone!!! and I never received any communication from them. I only know what I know because I kept checking the status online.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very specific to my design portfolio. I wasn't expecting so much detailed questions like what's your favorite design and why?   Answer Question
    • What inspires you when you create a design?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach a new client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2013.

Interview by two different people; a recruiter and a director on the floor. It was fair and comfortable as they asked the expected questions. both interviews were positive and hopeful. They manage the workplace with class and professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle the most difficult customer while on the phone?   Answer Question

LOA Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

Since I was already an internal employee, I was contacted via email at work to complete online interview. A few days later I was given face-to-face interview. Three weeks later I was provided answer and received the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been asked to do something you didn't agree with. If so, how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate, but probably should have

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

The interview process was very efficient and simple. I participated in a group interview where I was able to meet 3 managers from different departments, the questions were very clear and understandable. I also was able to get to know them as well as express myself to the est of my abilities.

Defined Benefits Analyst Interview

Had a phone interview, followed by an in person interview at Aon Lincolnshire. Was interviewed by a business analyst in person, and then two other department members via telephone in the interview. Received a call a week or so later that I was going to be offered a position. It took weeks for them to get an offer together, but by then it was too late as I had accepted another job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good fit for this position   View Answer

Another job opportunity

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Had a "digital interview" with the recruiter that featured recorded behavioral questions for you to answer with a webcam, as well as written questions. Was called back for a second interview within a week and interviewed via conference call with 2 hiring managers. Questions were behavioral in nature as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project with a group of people and your outcome was not what you hoped it to be, and how would you have done it differently.   Answer Question
    I could have negotiated, but they gave me a bump because I had previous experience with the company prior so I accepted the offer.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

I initially had an online interview, where I had to log into a portal and record answers to questions that were already prompted and answer a questionnaire. I was then accepted to interview face to face with two different managers, each for thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Try to sell me something, anything you can think of.   View Answer

Pension Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

Very long process. I was contacted about three weeks after applying. Completed a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. She described the position and asked for my career interest. The recruiter said she would be scheduling interviews with the team and would be in touch. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months. Finally, the in person interview was a breeze.

Unsuccessfully. They raised the salary $1000.

Benefits Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2013.

A couple phone interviews that i was able to obtain through my school. The interviews were fairly easy but the drug and background check were annoying. If you are a people person you should have a good chance to get it. They have recently cut back the amount of interns so it might be more difficult to get the job now.

Interview Questions

It's not the industry I want to start my career in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

I applied through a job website and received an email to call and speak to a recruiter. I was sent 2 assesments to complete online, showing that I was knowledgeable on the internet and with certain computer programs. It wasn't very difficult. I then had an interview with the hiring agency and then a final interview with hiring managers at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Questions
    • During the final interview, you are asked to give examples of your experiences in a particular format. The hiring managers want you to answer the questions and explain how you handled each situation, using specific a specific flow and guideline, like situation, action, and results.   Answer Question