Aon Hewitt

2.8

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2014.

Initially I had a phone interview where they asked a series of questions to pre-qualify me for a second phone interview.

The second phone interview was spun a little different since the format was to ask questions and based on those questions and my answers to counter questions I would be selected for a formal interview.

The formal interview took place at AON Hewitt where I met with 5 people over the span of 4 hours. Each individual would interact with the person being hired in various capacities.

After the interview several weeks went by before I received a call asking if I had any other questions and that I was one of two candidates for the position.

Another two weeks passed and I was called to be told that they went with the other individual and that I was over qualified for the job.

Interview Questions
    • On location I was interviewed by 5 people over the span of 4 hours   Answer Question

Benefits Operations Administrator/ Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Phone interview from headquarters,
    Personal Interview (only behavioral)
    Very straightforward questions
    The interviewer was very sweet.
    It became conversational
    The interview was supposed to be for 30 minutes but went on for 40 minutes because we got talking.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I have interned with the company before, so my experience might be a bit different from most people. In general, the first round on campus interview will be in consist of 2 half an hour 1-1 behavioral questions and conversations. The interviewer will go through your resume and ask you related questions( very straightforward), make sure you have stories to back up every words on your resume. Having actuarial related experience is definitely a plus. As for the second round interview, it is again mostly behavioral. Personally I think the interviewers value your personality and "match" to the company a lot! Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
    • When you were working on a project, have you had any experience trying to improve the past project process and try to make things more efficient   Answer Question

Benefits Operation Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I received a phone call from a Staffing agency about a potential position. He asked would I like to be submitted for the position and I said yes. Then he said someone will call me for a phone interview. One of the managers called me and asked me specific questions relating to my resume (lasted for 15mins). Got a phone call from the recruiter the next day, asking if I would like to accept the job offer. And I did :-)

LOA Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

First of all, I have been applying to Aon Hewitt for about 7 months now, Consistently every time I saw a position open I have done about 5 digital interviews and about 3 weeks ago within hrs of my last digital interview I got a call to schedule a face to face panel! :D Honestly, I was hesitant about doing the digital interviews at this point but I kept saying one of these days..... I was scheduled a week away and since I have a friend that works there she gave me tips on what to study and i did thank God! the first question I got was ..from your experience or the research you did (I emphasized before the start of the questions in the interview I had no exp. however I did my own study on the laws) what can you tell me about FMLA, MDA, etc and the position itself, so NOW your role. The interview per se was extremely relaxed the two team managers were so nice and open to my answers, the both smiled a lot which made me very comfortable, it lasted about 40 mins and the said I should receive a call within the next few weeks. It seems they are hiring a few not just one case manager. Exactly one week later I received a call offering me the position :> I start in 3 weeks, if you currently are working make sure you add you need to put in 2 weeks for you job, they see that as a responsible action.

Interview Questions
    • I got about 10 questions some .. job related and some behavioral TASK types, but the most unexpected one was "if you were lined up in a group of people right now, tell us why we should hire you?"

if you have tons of work yet one important thing that needs priority but you cannot finish it that day and leave it ready to do 1st thing in the morning, what do you do to remind yourself?

View Answer
    the offer was more than I am currently getting I am happy with it, and it doesn't seems i could negotiate either way, its set

Customer Service Representative Interview

There was a video interview. The asked several questions where you were given 15 seconds to give a response. Questions included ones such as "what challenges have you encountered at work" and "what did you do when you had a bad call". an essay portion also followed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Applied online through their website. A recruiter called me a few days later and asked basic screening questions (what I knew about the company, how I heard about the position, etc.). She said she would forward this information to a hiring manager and they would contact me if interested.

A day or so later, I receive an email requesting an on-site 1:1 for a few days out. A few hours before our scheduled time, they cancelled the interview, claiming they were "going in a different direction" and were suspending the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2014.

Went Through Randstad for the Customer Service position in a call center. Schedule for an in person interview with Aon-Hewitt a few days later, I was told to bring in documents and prepare myself for a call center and computer test. Got there and it was not as hard as expected, Very simple interview questions,make sure to bring in all documents, dress professional is a must!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a bad call you may have received   View Answer
    No negotiation, they tell you what the position pay rate is and you either accept it or pass.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Short phone interview with one of the senior actuaries, followed up by a half day interview with 6 different actuaries. Talked with each of them about past work, what the office was like, and what sort of projects I would be working on. I went out to lunch with several of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a mistake that impacted your client and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

First a survey from HR. That was two to three weeks after I applied. A member of the department performed a telephone interview that lasted 20-30 minutes. My interview was with 4 individuals within the same department.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in which you failed? What did you learn. Name a time when a project did not meet the deadline.   Answer Question