Aon Hewitt

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I was sent an invitation to complete a digital interview at the comfort of my home, after three weeks I received a call inviting me to continue on with interview process and meet with someone for a physical interview. The two ladies that interviewed me were really nice and made me feel very comfortable, of course being prepared (doing research on position, company, writing questions) helped. After, three weeks I received an email asking if I was still interested, and from there it took about a month to complete background check. Suggestion: If your goal is to get a job with Aon Hewitt, don't give up…be patient it is a long interview process, but in the end the reward is great!

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult time you had to deal with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teammanager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Fair - if you like behavioral interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviews as a whole don't work effectively.   Answer Question
    NA

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I worked for a vendor of theirs so they had experience working with me. The interview seemed like a formality.

I didn't negotiate because I wanted out of the place I was at; however I would advise to ask for $100,000 and the ability to work remotely two days a week. Be prepared for long hours and little support.

Developer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

2 Phone interviews and then an onsite interview. There was 3 individuals I had to interview.

Interview Questions
    • No hard question at all: Tell me 3 traits to describe a leader.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Hired via a staffing agency, worked as a contractor for a year, then hired on by the company. Interview was pretty simple, it was a while back so I can't remember specific questions. Also had to do language, computer and math tests beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • When interviewing for positions within the company, most difficult was "Tell me about a time when a manager asked you to do something that was not right and how you handled that".   Answer Question

Workday Compensation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

The process began with a phone screen from a recruiter. She asked about my HR experience and specifically my Workday experience and my interest in the role. Within two days she advised that the Hiring Leader was interested in speaking further. The following week I had a phone interview with the Hiring Leader. He asked why I was interested in the role and about my Workday experience and whether I was certified. All of his questions were around a current configuration project on which I was working. Not a difficult interview, but I got the feeling he was new to interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, however, I expected more behavioral questions to gauge how I solve problems.   Answer Question

Aon Hewitt Response

Apr 28, 2014Manager

Thank you for the feedback regarding the interview process. With Aon being a growing company, I'm not suprised that we have new Managers who could benefit in receiving training on Behavior based ... More

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

Initial interview was conducted via telephone, second and third interviews in-office. Interviewers were very kind an professional, and very forthcoming about what the position would entail. I was excited at the chance to work for them. I was disappointed toward the end because no final communication was made to let me know that the position had been filled by another candidate. I expected more from a company that size.

Pension Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

Very long process. I was contacted about three weeks after applying. Completed a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. She described the position and asked for my career interest. The recruiter said she would be scheduling interviews with the team and would be in touch. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months. Finally, the in person interview was a breeze.

Unsuccessfully. They raised the salary $1000.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

I initially had an online interview, where I had to log into a portal and record answers to questions that were already prompted and answer a questionnaire. I was then accepted to interview face to face with two different managers, each for thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Try to sell me something, anything you can think of.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2014.

I applied through a job website and received an email to call and speak to a recruiter. I was sent 2 assesments to complete online, showing that I was knowledgeable on the internet and with certain computer programs. It wasn't very difficult. I then had an interview with the hiring agency and then a final interview with hiring managers at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Questions
    • During the final interview, you are asked to give examples of your experiences in a particular format. The hiring managers want you to answer the questions and explain how you handled each situation, using specific a specific flow and guideline, like situation, action, and results.   Answer Question