Aon Hewitt

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

The interviewer was very nice and straightforward. No trick questions or behavioural ones. Got right to the point and asked your standard interview questions. She also had a good sense of humor and seemed more human than "HR".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too particularly unexpected in terms of questions   Answer Question

Case Manager - Short Term Disability Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I applied online and was contact by a recruiter to submit a digital interview that was followed by an in-person interview. It took another month for me to get a callback and offer.

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

I had the worst hiring experience with Aon Hewitt in Lincolnshire, IL. The offered me the position and only allowed me two weeks to move to IL and obtain my Life and Health licenses. The back ground check people they use Hire Right is the worst back ground check people I've ever experienced. They asked for pay check stubs and W2's the verify employment. They don't just call and verify employment. If your credit is less than perfect than you need not apply. They will check your credit and tell you that you have to setup payment arrangements and provide them a receipt and proof you made payment arrangements. Then you show them proof and they will turn you down for the job but offer you a position that is $20,000 less in their support department all because your credit is less than perfect. This company has cost me $1000 dollars. I would not recommend anyone apply with them unless you like to be judged and have time and money to waste. The only good thing I got out of the horrible experience is I got my IL Life and Health license. So they can't take that away from me.

Interview Questions
    • If we offer you this position can you relocate and get your licenses within two weeks.   View Answer

The job they offered me first they decided my credit wasn't good enough so they offered me a lower paying job like I had no experience or education.

Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

The interview was easier to obtain going through Randstad. Once you are hired you are a Aon employee and paid by Aon not Randstad. I was interviewed by two men . The questions i got were
    easy. I was the first one they interviewed that day.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me to sale him something. I sold him a #3 Pencil.   View Answer
    I got offered more money than I was expecting. So I was happy with what I was offered hourly

Junior Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

Was really interested in job, had all the qualifications and maybe a little above. Went in for in-person interview, which went great. Was told I would be notified of job status in 2 weeks. Went two weeks of waiting to hear back, and did not. Sent multiple e-mails out and recieved no response until a quite some time after. Was told they were moving forward with another candidate. Job was reposted one week later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build trust in a corporate setting?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in July 2014.

Process took 2+ weeks to get hired behavioral (webcam interview) no interaction with a live person, sent thru email. (Easy). A couple weeks later was called in for a orientation/behavioral interview (easy). Offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple ...Tell me A time? or Adjusting to change.. etc how would you feel about .... those type of questions. Nothing pertaining to the job and it didn't have to be work related. Recruiter seemed very knowledgeable and had exactly in mind what they wanted.   Answer Question
    None pay is 15.26/HR Benefits start 1st Day

Defined Benefits Analyst Interview

Had a phone interview, followed by an in person interview at Aon Lincolnshire. Was interviewed by a business analyst in person, and then two other department members via telephone in the interview. Received a call a week or so later that I was going to be offered a position. It took weeks for them to get an offer together, but by then it was too late as I had accepted another job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good fit for this position   View Answer

Another job opportunity

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Had a "digital interview" with the recruiter that featured recorded behavioral questions for you to answer with a webcam, as well as written questions. Was called back for a second interview within a week and interviewed via conference call with 2 hiring managers. Questions were behavioral in nature as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project with a group of people and your outcome was not what you hoped it to be, and how would you have done it differently.   Answer Question
    I could have negotiated, but they gave me a bump because I had previous experience with the company prior so I accepted the offer.

CBA Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

The job was posted on their web site in May 2014, I applied roughly around the time the job was posted. The HR rep didn't call until 3 weeks after I applied and at this point it is now June. It was a typical HR screening that lasted 15 minutes.

One week after that he emailed me saying that they wanted to interview me with 3 people. Normally this type of interview would be in person but the people were in different locations, primarily Maryland and the job itself could be in either Hunt Valley, MD or Lincolnshire, IL. They initially wanted me to have 3 one-to-one phone interviews but then changed it to a phone conference 3-panel interview.

The interview went great. I was very comfortable. There were no silly quiz/test questions. It was truly a good conversation interview. They asked a lot about my web design portfolio, asked how I approach web design, my experience, etc... The questions were tailored towards me, not just a bunch canned questions. I really enjoyed it.

They said they will have a decision in about two weeks. So within those two weeks, I noticed that my status date got updated in their Taleo system but unfortunately it doesn't reveal what exactly is the updated status. I didn't receive a rejection notice or any other correspondence and the job is still active. I later sent a follow-up email to HR just asking in general what the status is of the job, I didn't mention the Taleo change that I saw. He didn't respond to my email.

Another 10 days goes by, it is now July. On a late Friday afternoon, the job posting itself is reset to a new date. They reposted the job! Which means they didn't hire anyone!!! and I never received any communication from them. I only know what I know because I kept checking the status online.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very specific to my design portfolio. I wasn't expecting so much detailed questions like what's your favorite design and why?   Answer Question
    • What inspires you when you create a design?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach a new client?   Answer Question

LOA Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2014.

Since I was already an internal employee, I was contacted via email at work to complete online interview. A few days later I was given face-to-face interview. Three weeks later I was provided answer and received the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been asked to do something you didn't agree with. If so, how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate, but probably should have