Aon Hewitt Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.8

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

I sent my resume on my school's website, and I did my first round interview on campus with two consultants from Aon. The first guy asked some tough questions, and barely smiled. Also he never asked me about my resume and internship experience, which was kinda weird. The second lady was nice and questions were not unexpected.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2014.

Interview

the digital interview was fairly easy i actually got an email for the second in person interview within 2 days. BUT i originally applied for the position 3 months prior. the only thing im worried about is the fact that they use hireright to do background screening and mind you i have no criminal history what so ever i have been reading online reviews and hireright have cost ppl jobs for looking up wrong information. so fingers crossed hope i get the job starting jan 2014

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me is always, why do i want to be hired on...my answer in my head, because i need a source of income without working too hard for it lol..sad but true for some. I usually just start giving some pros about the company that i googled and based on good things ppl tell me. who can go wrong with subtle flattery right.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the salary offered was 33,000 per yr. 401k and benefit elegibility

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiting website and received an email a few days later requesting I complete a virtual interview. That took about 50 minutes and the questions were very straightforward, pertaining to my education and work experience and my career goals. There were a few questions asking about my technical capabilities with SQL and database software but I didn't have to write any code or anything. About a week later they invited me to a Decision Day at their office with 6 other college candidates interviewing for this job and one other position. There was a PowerPoint presentation on the background of the company and then 30 minute interviews with 3 different employees that dealt with basic behavioral questions. Finally there was a panel discussion with 3 recent hired where we could ask questions about their lives, jobs, and working for Aon Hewitt.

Interview Questions

• He described an issue that one might face in this position (an issue with the computer software that resulted in a customer receiving false information) and asked how I would proceed in fixing it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer 5 days after the interview. They had given me a salary level prior to the decision day but offered me more, an amount they said was the max for the position, so I didn't nevotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to decide.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Had an phone interview at the beginning, then a on site interview. The interview went well, but the process to get back to me took way too long. Regular behavior questions such as teamwork, how you handle difficult situation, and why do you want to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

I had my digital interview and now i am just waiting to see where it goes from here. The digital interview was different for me but mainly consisted of multiple choice questions and then a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Decibels a time you had a frustrated customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Systems Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was very easy and straightforward. Lots of nice people at the company and seemed like a fun culture. Everybody seemed to get along and definitely would be very fun for new hires out of college, although the career path seemed very rigid and structured. Not necessarily a bad thing. Got an offer a little too easily, which made me somewhat skeptical. Just turned out to be a little restrictive of a position based off of my experience and merit.

Interview Questions

salary and job description not as high as my potential

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2014.

Interview

First, you have a video interview. Then a recruiter calls and ask some questions to see if you are a fit for the position. Then you get called for an in-person interview on behavioral questions. I was in an interview with 2 managers and they took notes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wanted to implement a problem and did anyone listen to your responses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate my salary

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2014.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with them. It took less than 30 minutes.
    It was not hard at all. They asked me why Aon Hewitt, and what division I would choose. They explained to me what the culture was like.
    I picked health division, but I told them that I wanted to work in New York. At that time, I haven't passed any exam, but I passed an exam two weeks later. Therefore, I sent the interviewer an email.

Two months later, I received an email from them with a phone call. (They asked me if I would be willing to work in the retirement division even though I didn't choose it)

I went for an on-site interview in New York office a week later. It was a very good experience. I talked to 4 actuaries and had a very good lunch with 2 new actuaries. They were all very friendly. The questions that they asked were mostly behavior.

I didn't hear anything back after the interview. Two months later, I sent them an email and they told me that I got rejected.

The interview was really good. The only thing was that it was really competitive. They only hired one or two interns in that office, and they interviewed with a lot of people from all over the country.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something that was against the company's policy.   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

2 rounds: 1 on-campus, 1 on-site. Both were more behavioral then technical, though the final round definitely had more technical than the first. The team for which I interviewed was very nice; overall a wonderful interview experience. The interviewers were all from the team, and they were all very considerate and made sure I felt comfortable in the office. I received good feedback and responses from the interviewers about what I had to say during our conversations. Very accommodating and respectful in the recruiting process, especially compared to other companies in the industry.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied for several positions, but found the customer service position in annual enrollment to be the best fit. Hiring consisted of basic customer service questions such as, "tell me about a time when you had to deal with an anger customer and how did you handle it?" or "Why Aon Hewitt?" You go through a drug test, back ground check, and credit check.