Aon Hewitt

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – Very quick process. Had a phone screening on Monday, interviewed on Wednesday, was offered the position the following Monday. Came into the office and interviewed with the manager and two supervisors. Each had their own distinct style and questions. All provided feedback and informed me of the pros and cons of working for the company.

Interview Question – A specific SQL query formula.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated, they met me a bit over halfway. I was "satisfied" but they could afford to provide me with a higher salary.

Interviewed at Aon Hewitt

Interview Details – Standard behavioral questions. "Tell us about a time you..." type questions. Very standard interview with few surprises. The questions were mostly general, but there were some technical questions as the role required some understanding of data and process flow.

Programmer Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a nice recruiter thru email who told me about the position. We then spoke on the phone and he was very informative. I had two 30 minute phone interviews the following week with the team manager and one of the team leads. Both were really fun to talk to. We spent more time discussing stuff like the military than we did the SAR questions. They had some that were required to ask, but those were pretty easy. I was told that I would be notified in two weeks whether or not an offer would be extended. I heard back in a week and a half. All done through email.

Interview Question – What was one time when you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker? What was the situation? How did you handle it? What was the result?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was offered a base salary of $45k/yr, but countered for $50k/yr and an adjusted work schedule (thinking i would get only one or the other). They came back allowing both.

Programmer Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview Details – One phone screen with HR then one 1 hr onsite interview.

Interview Question – General HR Behavioral questions, relate answers to past work experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2011.

Interview Details – This had to be the longest most mundane waste of time interview I have ever sat through. I accepted the bs only because the office was closer to my ideal work location. Otherwise, I would have flipped the bird and continued where I was comfortably employed. First a recruiter emailed me about interested in a role. I responded yes within a day. She responded after a week with an application link and a questionnaire. I completed the app and questions within a day. I did not hear back from her for three weeks. I followed up once every 3 days after the first week. Finally she said I was invited to interview in person. That interview was scheduled a week after this discussion happened. I get to the office. The interviewer is a half hour late. I interviewed with four people. All of whom seemed more disinterested in the role than me. (naturally, I couldn't be more interested without more knowledge of the role/company obviously). They asked behavioral questions, a ton of if this then what cliche questions, and almost nothing about technology or talent which I was ready to discuss. This took about 4 hours of the day. Yawn...I was told the recruiter would contact me within a few days. Nope, 2 weeks went by. I emailed her every 3 days again after her few days time limit was up. She finally wrote up a crappy offer in an email that looked like a cheap mail merge doc doctored up as a PDF.

ADVICE: be calm and confident in your skills. This place is REALLY nothing to be nervous about because the people interviewing you don't care about you. Seriously.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – What negotiation? They can't afford to pay you anything decent probably because of all of the lawsuits they are dealing with. If you are entry level, you will be paid on the lower scale of 40-45k. If you have some experience you will be paid in the middle of the scale of 45-50k. And then...you will stay there for a very very long time. Bonuses = garbage.

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2013.

Interview Details – Employee Referral:
They will call you and gave you a suitable date. In First round , they will take a test(Basically related to IQ and business process and employee bonding) .In second round , technical interview with Manager and senior tech. programmer. HR round is your last and means third round.
These all are one day or two day activities.

Interview Question – Why would you like to join us?   View Answer

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!