Aon Hewitt Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Very quick process. Had a phone screening on Monday, interviewed on Wednesday, was offered the position the following Monday. Came into the office and interviewed with the manager and two supervisors. Each had their own distinct style and questions. All provided feedback and informed me of the pros and cons of working for the company.

Interview Questions
I negotiated, they met me a bit over halfway. I was "satisfied" but they could afford to provide me with a higher salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Programmer Analyst Interview

Standard behavioral questions. "Tell us about a time you..." type questions. Very standard interview with few surprises. The questions were mostly general, but there were some technical questions as the role required some understanding of data and process flow.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I was contacted by a nice recruiter thru email who told me about the position. We then spoke on the phone and he was very informative. I had two 30 minute phone interviews the following week with the team manager and one of the team leads. Both were really fun to talk to. We spent more time discussing stuff like the military than we did the SAR questions. They had some that were required to ask, but those were pretty easy. I was told that I would be notified in two weeks whether or not an offer would be extended. I heard back in a week and a half. All done through email.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time when you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker? What was the situation? How did you handle it? What was the result?   View Answer
    i was offered a base salary of $45k/yr, but countered for $50k/yr and an adjusted work schedule (thinking i would get only one or the other). They came back allowing both.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

One phone screen with HR then one 1 hr onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • General HR Behavioral questions, relate answers to past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2011.

This had to be the longest most mundane waste of time interview I have ever sat through. I accepted the bs only because the office was closer to my ideal work location. Otherwise, I would have flipped the bird and continued where I was comfortably employed. First a recruiter emailed me about interested in a role. I responded yes within a day. She responded after a week with an application link and a questionnaire. I completed the app and questions within a day. I did not hear back from her for three weeks. I followed up once every 3 days after the first week. Finally she said I was invited to interview in person. That interview was scheduled a week after this discussion happened. I get to the office. The interviewer is a half hour late. I interviewed with four people. All of whom seemed more disinterested in the role than me. (naturally, I couldn't be more interested without more knowledge of the role/company obviously). They asked behavioral questions, a ton of if this then what cliche questions, and almost nothing about technology or talent which I was ready to discuss. This took about 4 hours of the day. Yawn...I was told the recruiter would contact me within a few days. Nope, 2 weeks went by. I emailed her every 3 days again after her few days time limit was up. She finally wrote up a crappy offer in an email that looked like a cheap mail merge doc doctored up as a PDF.

ADVICE: be calm and confident in your skills. This place is REALLY nothing to be nervous about because the people interviewing you don't care about you. Seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your last challenge and how you over came it.   Answer Question
    • What did you learn after you made a mistake in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a tough situation with a short deadline?   Answer Question
    • What can you offer Aon Hewitt? How would it benefit you?   Answer Question
    What negotiation? They can't afford to pay you anything decent probably because of all of the lawsuits they are dealing with. If you are entry level, you will be paid on the lower scale of 40-45k. If you have some experience you will be paid in the middle of the scale of 45-50k. And then...you will stay there for a very very long time. Bonuses = garbage.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2013.

Employee Referral:
    They will call you and gave you a suitable date. In First round , they will take a test(Basically related to IQ and business process and employee bonding) .In second round , technical interview with Manager and senior tech. programmer. HR round is your last and means third round.
    These all are one day or two day activities.

Interview Questions

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!